What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

Interesting. I kind of thought the desk would 180* the other way so you could see the Flatirons in every camera shot?
Could be wrong, but I think that's exactly how it's oriented. The little field in the back drop, is behind the desk, and in line with the Flatirons behind

Could be wrong, but I think that's exactly how it's oriented. The little field in the back drop, is behind the desk, and in line with the Flatirons behind

I guess I don't know which way is which in that setup. If the small platform is for cameras and the larger structure is for the stage, then Libby and Baker will the backdrop to the stage.

You can tell from the little permanent stage area near the set up.

Farrand.png

According to my research, this is the first time CU has seen something like this since 1996 when GameDay was there against Michigan. Obviously even that probably pales in comparison to what is happening now, but does that sound about right?

I guess I don't know which way is which in that setup. If the small platform is for cameras and the larger structure is for the stage, then Libby and Baker will the backdrop to the stage.

View attachment 64436
Pretty sure their little tiny football field thing is BEHIND their desk. This means the flatirons will be behind them in every shot.

According to my research, this is the first time CU has seen something like this since 1996 when GameDay was there against Michigan. Obviously even that probably pales in comparison to what is happening now, but does that sound about right?
Yep!

1. My wife is discussing which NIL jersey she's going to buy. She's vascillating between Offerdahl, Horn, and Edwards. Yes, my ****ing wife knows who our 5th (6th?) string walk on RB is.

2. My coworker who is a Tennessee fan interrupted a meeting today to spend 5 minutes talking about the buffs. He was rooting for us and said he'd never cared to watch CU games before but now they are must watch for him.

WTF?

1. My wife is discussing which NIL jersey she's going to buy. She's vascillating between Offerdahl, Horn, and Edwards. Yes, my ****ing wife knows who our 5th (6th?) string walk on RB is.

2. My coworker who is a Tennessee fan interrupted a meeting today to spend 5 minutes talking about the buffs. He was rooting for us and said he'd never cared to watch CU games before but now they are must watch for him.

WTF?

CHARLIE OFTEN BALL!

View attachment 64436
I played alot of 2 hand touch on that field from 99 - 2001.

big will ferrell GIF

WTF?
Still my only gripe with the new Prime era and the mystery of what uniforms will look like week to week is that none of them are in the team store! Maybe they’ll surprise and have the racks stocked with thousands tomorrow, but I need me a CU jersey!

Still my only gripe with the new Prime era and the mystery of what uniforms will look like week to week is that none of them are in the team store! Maybe they’ll surprise and have the racks stocked with thousands tomorrow, but I need me a CU jersey!
my main gripe is that the CU store is so backed up it's going to take them 3 weeks to ship out a dress for my daughter.

WTF?
Wait, you're married?

Both nice stories!

WTF?
My whole flight to Fayetteville, my copilot and the dude in the back, both Academy grads, where jabbing back and forth about the Buffs - different press Prime conferences, TCU game, where they were when they saw the Hunter interception, etc etc. And they never even directed any comments toward me 🤣🤣

……and then, last night I was sitting at the hotel bar after my daughter dropped me off. Two dudes sitting next to me (obviously in town for parents weekend as well) - one guy knew college football existed, the other seemed to be fully in tune with the sport. The guy that didn’t know much asked “so I keep hearing about Colorado. Why do people keep talking about them?” The other dude just went off - totally positive, basically gave him the chronology from last December through last weekend and tried to break down todays game. I just sat there reading my allbuffs with my heart warming and a smile on my face.

Hold on, hold on.

Hear me out.

For decades, universities, networks, merchandisers, the NCAA and Methodists have ridden the backs of these players in a cash grab. We consoled ourselves saying, "we're giving these fine young men an education, and that is everything". It's a narrative that was pleasing to me, and it was pleasing to others. And sometimes the commonly held, virtuous narrative was true. And more often it wasn't (looking at you Chapel Hill).

And then Coach Prime comes in and says, "hey, let's give the players some advocacy and choice and yes, get them an education and more. Let them promote themselves and benefit from their hard work and, if they want to dig down deep, be a part of a winning team."

And he's the bad guy?
Addressed this a couple days ago.

Some facts that get left out of these "scandal" pieces on CP.

He didn't just come in and "kick everybody out." He gave every kid the opportunity to stay as long as they were willing to buy in 100% and bring themselves up to the level he expects. He was also honest with them telling them he was bringing in guys who are more talented than they are and their hard work would still likely end up with them on the bench.

There are a small but significant number of players who did stick and are a part of the team including a couple who are key players.

There are also a number of players who didn't want to transfer but who also didn't want to continue to play, these guys received scholarships and will be able to complete their education at CU, at no cost. Pretty good deal.

There are a whole bunch of guys who decided that they wanted to try to continue their playing careers elsewhere and went into the portal. Seeing how many of them ended up not getting opportunities at the P5 level shows exactly where the talent level was.

And anyone who pays any attention knows that CP is about much more than just winning football games. He holds his players to high standards in terms of personal conduct, in the classroom, and places an emphasis on developing skills and connections that will help them in their futures, pro football or not.

Addressed this a couple days ago.

Some facts that get left out of these "scandal" pieces on CP.

He didn't just come in and "kick everybody out." He gave every kid the opportunity to stay as long as they were willing to buy in 100% and bring themselves up to the level he expects. He was also honest with them telling them he was bringing in guys who are more talented than they are and their hard work would still likely end up with them on the bench.

There are a small but significant number of players who did stick and are a part of the team including a couple who are key players.

There are also a number of players who didn't want to transfer but who also didn't want to continue to play, these guys received scholarships and will be able to complete their education at CU, at no cost. Pretty good deal.

There are a whole bunch of guys who decided that they wanted to try to continue their playing careers elsewhere and went into the portal. Seeing how many of them ended up not getting opportunities at the P5 level shows exactly where the talent level was.

And anyone who pays any attention knows that CP is about much more than just winning football games. He holds his players to high standards in terms of personal conduct, in the classroom, and places an emphasis on developing skills and connections that will help them in their futures, pro football or not.
This is some world class “Mtn-splaining” right here.

Back