What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LAVISKA SHENAULT IS A BAD BAD BAD MAN

Viska gets paid to play next year. 2020 is the dawn of LaVontae. With the addition of Keith Miller and Rice, the Buffs just reload in the WR room. Lewis as QB makes for some great looks. Fontenot and Mangham provide another dynamic angle for this offense.

I’m not too sad that Viska is leaving, I just wish he got a chance to shine in a bowl game

This team is going to be considerably different next season. No view on if different is going to be any better, but to be better it has to be different.

New
QB
#1 and #2 WRs
Left Tackle
#1 CB
#1 Safety
Star/OLB
Punter

This team is going to be considerably different next season. No view on if different is going to be any better, but to be better it has to be different.

New
QB
#1 and #2 WRs
Left Tackle
#1 CB
#1 Safety
Star/OLB
Punter

many uncertainties., especially QB.
Set expectations at four wins. Take anything over 4.

Is it just me or was Viska a
“Forgotten man” in the 4th quarter and, specifically, the last possession? I can’t bring myself to watch the replay.

I don't know what his health situation is, so I'm not going to speculate on that. He is a bad man, no doubt. More like the invisible man in this game, though. Hope something else isn't wrong with him now.

Will Viska play against UW and Utah if the Buffs lose this Saturday? He might have to be selfish at that point and get healed up for that NFL career. I wouldn't hold it against him if he did that.

Will Viska play against UW and Utah if the Buffs lose this Saturday? He might have to be selfish at that point and get healed up for that NFL career. I wouldn't hold it against him if he did that.

Man, he is in a no-win situation right now! Probably wants to show that he is tough and can recover from injuries, but he has done enough now to make him shutting it down pretty smart. He will likely be an end of the 1st round guy, but that just means he goes to a good team, which would be awesome because he could start out at WR2 or WR3. I would be fine with him shutting it down and let the others try to fill in for his production, including more snaps for Arias and his brother, since we are at the final 4 games and can manage the 4 game rule.

A poster said Elway was at the USC game and commented that Viska needed to come back next year, so he could show he is physically dependble. whoever is deciding what info to release about him and any injury is doing him a disservice.

Why chance coming back knowing the QB will either be a true frosh or someone who couldn't beat out Montez? That said, I don't think he's going in the first two rounds either. He's got the injury bug, hasn't really produced relative to the other WR's in this years draft, and, frankly, GM's don't really care that much about what a WR can bench or squat....its all about speed.

I feel for him, he's got a tough decision to make.

Last edited:
A poster said Elway was at the USC game and commented that Viska needed to come back next year, so he could show he is physically dependble. whoever is deciding what info to release about him and any injury is doing him a disservice.
All respect to Elway as a player. In his current role he looks like the guy next door. Viska should look elsewhere for advice (but I’d love to have him back).

I guess we know where he won't be playing. Or maybe it's gamesmanship. Is Elway capable of that?

We all want Viska to go as high as possible in the next draft. He’s played really well for the Buffs, and fans should be happy he’s about to get paid.

I'm happy and I highly doubt he is coming back. He's a tough kid, plays physical but has had some injuries slow him down.

I don't care for the way they are using him, if he's injured why keep subbing him in every other series.

If they're being cautious for his draft status, then shut him down and give his reps to another wr to get some experience for next year.

And how many players with injury histories has Elway drafted?

Not only Viska is fast & a deep threat but he is capable of breaking tackles and taking short passes to the house. I don't think we see many NFL WRs like that. Terrell Owens comes to mind in this case and he came from a FCS school.

To me the way they used him against UCLA was strange, and made me wonder if something else besides an injury was going on. If nursing an injury, why hold him out essentially the whole 2nd and 3rd quarter during crucial series, then stick him back in during garbage time? He seems like a great kid, but maybe out of frustration he showed a little attitude that Tucker didn't like?

Why does everyone think it's the coaches that are pulling him out of the game?

To me the way they used him against UCLA was strange, and made me wonder if something else besides an injury was going on. If nursing an injury, why hold him out essentially the whole 2nd and 3rd quarter during crucial series, then stick him back in during garbage time? He seems like a great kid, but maybe out of frustration he showed a little attitude that Tucker didn't like?
that was the impression I had seeing him on the sideline

Elway was not at the game. There were comments in the paper from two NFL scouts that both thought he should come back for his senior year.

Back