What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to Oregon

Very disappointed. I honestly thought he wouldn't leave for anything less than a HC job.

I'm confident MM will find a solid replacement, but this hurts. We will be starting 7 new guys on defense next year and it would have been very nice to have that continuity.

Furk.

I hate to bring this up but do we need to worry about Leavitt poaching any of our other assistants?

The players loved Leavitt. Many preferred him over Mac as the head coach. What bothers me about the departure is just last week he says it's not about the money. He's texting guys good luck on finals and doesn't say a word he's leaving. They find out on twitter. I find that to be soft.

images

The players loved Leavitt. Many preferred him over Mac as the head coach. What bothers me about the departure is just last week he says it's not about the money. He's texting guys good luck on finals and doesn't say a word he's leaving. They find out on twitter. I find that to be soft.

Slick-esque?

If JL didn't tell anybody and just up and left... that would be really really upsetting.

If he was going to leave, he had to do it now. He's old and will never get more credit (deserved or not) for turning around and creating a great defense. Next year's D losing a lot and he wouldn't be the hot genius anymore in 2017.

Good business move for him. MM is the centerpiece (and RG/facilities). CU will be fine and the DC role going to look appetizing to a lot of stud candidates.

I expected we would lose him but was hoping we could retain him for one more year. That would enable us to maintain the current recruiting class. Now I'm concerned that much of the momentum that was made on the recruiting trail (specifically with the defense) will be lost. Hope that's not the case, but...
I expected to lose him to a head coaching gig and was shocked that we didn't. But Oregon??? That's a real kick to the b***s. I thought he stood for the rise. Might as well join ****braska

Let me get this straight.... My Ducks weren't willing to break the bank for a HC and took the cheaper option, but they now have the highest paid DC in Pac-12 history? I am so confused right now, but oddly enough happy. I honestly cant believe he left (no matter how much we offered) to go from you guys to our dumpster fire of a defence. He must love his rebuilding projects because this one will take years.
I'd estimate about two.

Doesn't matter, uncle phil will pay.

NCAA needs to put salary caps on ALL positions

you must really want the SEC to leave the NCAA. seriously though, feel I could argue both sides of that position.

If this is false reporting, it is going to be a **** show.

I can't believe that if Oregon asked permission from the CUAD to speak to Leavitt that it wouldn't have been leaked here. So it seems the reporting is probably accurate.

This is a problem good teams face every year. I'm as disappointed as anybody, but this is MM's team. I have confidence in his ability to replace JL. Next year was likely going to be a bit of a regression anyway.

I can't believe that if Oregon asked permission from the CUAD to speak to Leavitt that it wouldn't have been leaked here. So it seems the reporting is probably accurate.
I also can't believe that JL would accept a deal with UO without informing his previous employer first.

I don't fault Levitt one bit. He's doubling his salary. Every last MFer on this board would do the exact same thing.

But my hatred for Oregon has just gone to another level. It's simply wrong, wrong wrong that a public school can just take one guy's untold millions and buy an athletics program. They owe close to $12M on Helfrich's buyout (just for him, many of his assistants had guaranteed deals too.) Now they have the highest paid assistant in the conference. No other school in the Pac 12 could do this, and very few in the country.

Right next to Autzen is the new baseball stadium nicer than any minor league park in the country. Oregon had no baseball program until 2009, and bam, along comes Phil, they build a shiny new park and now they have a program that routinely goes to the postseason.

I don't know how an Oregon fan can't feel greasy about their school. And when you spend that kind of money, and then go 4-8 ... that's just pathetic.

I don't fault Levitt one bit. He's doubling his salary. Every last MFer on this board would do the exact same thing.

But my hatred for Oregon has just gone to another level. It's simply wrong, wrong wrong that a public school can just take one guy's untold millions and buy an athletics program. They owe close to $12M on Helfrich's buyout (just for him, many of his assistants had guaranteed deals too.) Now they have the highest paid assistant in the conference. No other school in the Pac 12 could do this, and very few in the country.

Right next to Autzen is the new baseball stadium nicer than any minor league park in the country. Oregon had no baseball program until 2009, and bam, along comes Phil, they build a shiny new park and now they have a program that routinely goes to the postseason.

I don't know how an Oregon fan can't feel greasy about their school. And when you spend that kind of money, and then go 4-8 ... that's just pathetic.

Slave child labor buys nice things.

I don't see anything wrong with it. They have someone willing to pay for it.

Well, that is looking like what happened, unless this was all false reporting. We know that Sefo and others basically found out on Twitter, so if he gone, he really dicked us.

Bad form for Oregon since it looks like it had to have been leaked to Feldman from a source on the Oregon side. Either someone got overexcited or just didn't care about doing things the classy way, or they were trying to put pressure on Leavitt to make the move a fait accompli. Either way its not the way this sort of business should have been handled by Oregon.

Back