What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to Oregon

I think some of the players forget somedays that this is a business although I don't blame them for forgetting since they don't get paid. The guy possibly tripled his salary and secured a longer contract. Can't blame a guy looking to secure his financial future towards the end of his career.

Maybe you should celebrate with your own fans.

Let me get this straight.... My Ducks weren't willing to break the bank for a HC and took the cheaper option, but they now have the highest paid DC in Pac-12 history? I am so confused right now, but oddly enough happy. I honestly cant believe he left (no matter how much we offered) to go from you guys to our dumpster fire of a defence. He must love his rebuilding projects because this one will take years.
Disappointed in Leavitt and f*** the Ducks. Tackiest school in the country. That is all

tumblr_mp0rmsboTP1rlq66wo1_400.gif

If as is reported Oregon ponied up $1.5 mill a year and CU had $800k on the table, it would be irresponsible of CU to match that even if they could, crazy money for an assistant coach

No one does - but the guy likely tripled his salary.

He's been a great Buff, and I'm sorry to see him leave - but I choose to appreciate what he's done for us here

Of course we appreciate the two years here, but people are not going to be happy about it. I will take a step back and move on in the next few days but now, I'm not in the mood.

Kids that want to be apart of "The Rise" are not going to follow a DC to a 4-8 school who is last in the North.
I am sure they liked him, and wanted to play for him, however The Buffs are what they fell in love with.
I don't see us losing recruits to UO because of this.

If as is reported Oregon ponied up $1.5 mill a year and CU had $800k on the table, it would be irresponsible of CU to match that even if they could, crazy money for an assistant coach

if $1.5M is true he will be making more than half of all active head coaches. That is insane money and a level that CU could not match.

Kids that want to be apart of "The Rise" are not going to follow a DC to a 4-8 school who is last in the North.
I am sure they liked him, and wanted to play for him, however The Buffs are what they fell in love with.
I don't see us losing recruits to UO because of this.
"The Rise" was all about building something from nothing. The kids that wanted to be part of something that was already built weren't looking at CU

Smart move by Oregon, buy everything in lieu of organic growth. Kinda like their historical football success.

Disappointed but not really shocked. It's a mercenaries game in coaching.

Bummer. MM will get a decent replacement. We will see where it goes. Thanks JMFL for building one of the best ads in the country. The lessons you taught will not be forgotten overnight and the Buffs are better for your time here.

Reactions: SBG
I came here wondering how long you think it will take for him to turn around the defence at Oregon. I realise now I should have waited a bit so I will **** off and come back later, but I will at least leave something useful.
Learn how to spell defense and realize when you come back.

Just hope he doesn't try and take Tumpkin too. The rumours of he and MMac not getting along were true it looks like.
why does everyone think this?

They got heated on the sidelines a couple of times over the years and I have heard nothing besides those incidents to indicate that they didn't have a fine working relationship.

Good for him. I hate the fact that he's leaving, but the rise will continue without him. It's about more than one man

I expected we would lose him but was hoping we could retain him for one more year. That would enable us to maintain the current recruiting class. Now I'm concerned that much of the momentum that was made on the recruiting trail (specifically with the defense) will be lost. Hope that's not the case, but...

why does everyone think this?

They got heated on the sidelines a couple of times over the years and I have heard nothing besides those incidents to indicate that they didn't have a fine working relationship.

Because people like to invent dumb **** - RG has a halo otherwise people would be pinning this on him for not getting the HCMM extension done and creating uncertainty.

If you're whoregon and you have slave children working for you in Asia and money is no object why not overpay and hopefully impede a conference rival? With knights track and field background and having paid CU A lot on uni contracts in 90's I'm sure he's aware that he doesn't want their program to get back up to speed as it would be to a detriment against Oregon.

I'm hoping Peterson dicks leavitts defense every year moving forward.

Pepsi sucks, I've always felt that way, but Leavitt's defense certainly didn't. Thank You Coach and Good Luck!!!

Promote Tumpkin. We'll need a new LB coach. Whoever we hire needs to have some recruiting chops(ubl?)

Back