What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to Oregon

I also can't believe that JL would accept a deal with UO without informing his previous employer first.
I can. 100% of my job changes, I accepted the new position before informing the incumbent employer. Honestly, can't fathom doing it in the opposite order.

I can. 100% of my job changes, I accepted the new position before informing the incumbent employer. Honestly, can't fathom doing it in the opposite order.

I didn't mean in that order. I just meant, at all.

With that feldman report out, CU should have been informed by now. If it hasn't that's a big slap in the face.

Dang, that sucks. Knew this was coming up at some point, so not surprised. Actually more surprised by the crazy posts here. This is what happens when you get good. Don't blame Leavitt one bit. He owes no one nothing.

Oregon is throwing some big coin around on coaches. If Oregon's staff crashes and burns, they will have dug themselves a big hole. I would guess Leavitts buy out is extremely large as well as the other coaches. Will be interesting to see how this works out for them.

Good luck, Jim. Thank you for all you have done for the Buffs.

Yeah. I always have a hire letter before informing my current employer. The report may have come out before everything was signed.

I think folks r thinking JL just left and said nothing. I find that hard to believe.

I was sure we were screwed when Walters left last year and we ended up with Chev. So once the anger and disappointment fades, I'm curious to see how this shakes out.
Yeah - Mac has found his legs a bit with his hires. There is still some deadweight that he seems reticent to dump - but most of his hires since he's been here have turned out great. I'm choosing to trust him.

It's not about accepting the job in that order. It's about informing the AD, staff and team prior to allowing it to go public.

People leave and go for various reasons and that is life. If you were in Leavitt's shoes and given that the end game could be a P5 coaching gig, what would you do? UO is known for keeping their coaches and a firing of the previous staff isn't going to change all that. And for that amount of money plus four years...how can anyone beat that?

Again, we just went 10-3...still a chance for 11 wins. And we should thank Leavitt for the work he put in.

Let me just put this in perspective-I just looked at a USA today list of highest paid assistants in the country this year. Assuming the 1.5m Oregon offered him is correct, he's the 2nd highest paid assistant in the country to John Chavis at Texas A&M at 1.55m yearly. We can't compete with that.

We'll be ok people. Our entire recruiting class isn't going to dip because Leavitt left. Our defense isn't going to suddenly go back to 2014. Mac has made some really good hires here and it's safe to assume he'll make another one for DC.

Ouch! I just saw this. This one hurts. Not that he took another job, but where he took it. But, man, if someone came in here and said, "DBT, we'll triple your salary if you come work for us", I'd ask when they want me to be there.

Embree made $725K to be our head coach 4 years ago FWIW. $1.5M for an assistant is crazy money; good thing if you have it.

Reactions: SBG
Anyone think we go co-coordinators? Tumpkin plus someone else

M2 is a defensive coach, that is where he came up as an assistant.

I don't think there was a rift between M2 and Leavitt but it could be possible that Leavitt did see M2 "sticking his nose" into the defense at times.

Posted on an earlier thread that Leavitt liked Boulder and would likely stay unless he got a head job or stupid money. Oregon paid him stupid money. At that price you are also turning the entire D over to him, wouldn't be surprised if it isn't like Wade with the Broncos giving Leavitt 100% control over the defense, the defensive assistants, even defensive recruiting.

When we sucked getting our best assistants poached wasn't a big issue, now that we are winning it is going to happen.

If JL is successful in Oregon, and I expect he will be, he will be gone in a couple of years for a HC job anyways. He doesn't have a lot of time left to be picky.

Yeah, he's going to a program without a national championship. What a loser

Back