What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to Oregon

Dear JMFUOL...
64440713.jpg

JMFUOL = Jim Mother ****ed Us Over Leavitt

This stinks... I think we all knew JL wasn't here forever though. Can't fault the guy, getting paid and going to a good situation. Hate that we are year-to-year on assistant coaches for the most part.

JL was a huge part of the turnaround - nothing to be mad about here. Good luck to him (sans when they play CU).

If as is reported Oregon ponied up $1.5 mill a year and CU had $800k on the table, it would be irresponsible of CU to match that even if they could, crazy money for an assistant coach
You don't understand college football. Winning isn't cheap.

but but but i thought if you were doing it for the money.... then you are in the wrong business Coach.....

I have to believe at this point it will be easier to find a quality defensive coordinator than it was three years ago.

Well, it comes with the territory. Winning makes the team and staff visible. Disappointed but not mad about it. Why not Tumpkin as DC?

Macintyre will flail without Leavitt...don't think they got along too well..Leavitt was a miracle worker...great hire by Oregon....
Best DC in the country....

Well, it comes with the territory. Winning makes the team and staff visible. Disappointed but not mad about it. Why not Tumpkin as DC?

well apparently his defenses ranked in the 100s most of his time at CMU, so that's probably a reason. If he ends up the choice then so be it, but I hope Mac does a search to be sure

Brian Howell once said this year that he didn't really think HCMM and JMFL got along that great. Was there a problem there, because I think we could have easily matched Oregon.

Is JMFL going to coach in the bowl game?

I still owe someone money for that whole pepsi thing. May JFYL can pay off my debt now that he has all the money in the universe.

Brian Howell once said this year that he didn't really think HCMM and JMFL got along that great. Was there a problem there, because I think we could have easily matched Oregon.

Is JMFL going to coach in the bowl game?
Weren't going to match $1.5 mill per year.

why does everyone think this?

They got heated on the sidelines a couple of times over the years and I have heard nothing besides those incidents to indicate that they didn't have a fine working relationship.

Hey all I heard was the rumors and innuendo too but unless I missed something did MM ever say his name out loud, it was always "the coaches here" when describing the great efforts of the team and staff. If you then take Leavitt at his word when he said it wasn't the money and his wife loved it in Boulder, then what would be the biggest **** you JMFL could give to MM? Ummm...This. Ego is a powerful thing.

Saying that, he was gone this year or next anyhow. Next man up, it's JMFT time!

Everyone keep in mind that it was MacIntyre's eye for talent that spotted every one of our defensive starters, not Leavitt.

It was Tumpkin's coaching that made our secondary legit. We will be fine, I have faith Mac will bring in a great defensive coordinator as a replacement.

Everyone keep in mind that it was MacIntyre's eye for talent that spotted every one of our defensive starters, not Leavitt.

It was Tumpkin's coaching that made our secondary legit. We will be fine, I have faith Mac will bring in a great defensive coordinator as a replacement.

Mac's eye? Weren't most of our seniors recruited by embree and staff?

Back