What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Link to Coach Mac talking now

I think his feelings about an African-American coach are two fold. He has a heart for seeing African-American men succeed and be role models. He also believes, I think, that an African-American coach could recruit lights out to CU which has kind of a lilly white rep.

Racist, even if it comes from the right place. No reason to focus on color one way or the other. All that matters are real qualifications. Mac's statements that have brought race into this from the beginning have done a huge disservice to Coach Embree. He deserves to only be judged on his coaching, recruiting, management, and character. Is he winning? If not, is he doing the other things well to build a champion? Is he representing the university the right way and developing the men he's responsible for?

Can we please just evaluate him as a football coach?

I think his feelings about an African-American coach are two fold. He has a heart for seeing African-American men succeed and be role models. He also believes, I think, that an African-American coach could recruit lights out to CU which has kind of a lilly white rep.
I don't care who you are...it is hard to recruit to a losing program, especially when you are getting run off the field by the like of Toledo (yes HaLk I am looking at you ) and Fresno (yes Embo I am looking at you).

Racist, even if it comes from the right place. No reason to focus on color one way or the other. All that matters are real qualifications. Mac's statements that have brought race into this from the beginning have done a huge disservice to Coach Embree. He deserves to only be judged on his coaching, recruiting, management, and character. Is he winning? If not, is he doing the other things well to build a champion? Is he representing the university the right way and developing the men he's responsible for?

Can we please just evaluate him as a football coach?
It isn't racist. In his role with Promise Keepers, he saw the huge breakdown in the black family especially with black men. It honestly breaks his heart. Nothing racist about that.

I don't care who you are...it is hard to recruit to a losing program, especially when you are getting run off the field by the like of Toledo (yes HaLk I am looking at you ) and Fresno (yes Embo I am looking at you).
I totally agree with you. Black kids want to come to a winner and they don't care if the coach is orange if he's a winner.

It isn't racist. In his role with Promise Keepers, he saw the huge breakdown in the black family especially with black men. It honestly breaks his heart. Nothing racist about that.

I totally agree with you. Black kids want to come to a winner and they don't care if the coach is orange if he's a winner.

Giving people preferred or inferior treatment based on race is inherently racist. We're not talking about doing charity work to improve a situation when we see that a racial group is particularly hard hit. We're talking about basing a hiring decision on race. Embree was no more or less qualified to become HCJE because he's African-American instead of some other racial or ethnic background. Mac does not see it that way, so I'm calling him a racist.

I totally agree with you. Kids want to come to a winner and they don't care if the coach is orange if he's a winner.
fify.

Giving people preferred or inferior treatment based on race is inherently racist. We're not talking about doing charity work to improve a situation when we see that a racial group is particularly hard hit. We're talking about basing a hiring decision on race. Embree was no more or less qualified to become HCJE because he's African-American instead of some other racial or ethnic background. Mac does not see it that way, so I'm calling him a racist.

Oh good lord people.

And white kids don´t?
Come on, Jens. You know that's not what I meant. Back in the day, Fisher Deberry caught hell for saying Air Force didn't have enough black kids. Hopefully it doesn't come across as "racist" to say that for an athletic program to succeed, you must recruit black kids. I think Mac believes that Embree and EB would excel at recruiting black kids from the inner cities just as Mac did. But I agree with lefty. All kids, black, white, chartreuse, want to play for a winner. Doesn't matter the winner's ethnicity.

See my response to Jens. Of course all kids want to play for a winner. This is the problem with posting arguments. If something is taken out of context, instead of being able to instantly clarify, it takes hours sometimes, if at all. Don't twist my words, man.

See my response to Jens. Of course all kids want to play for a winner. This is the problem with posting arguments. If something is taken out of context, instead of being able to instantly clarify, it takes hours sometimes, if at all. Don't twist my words, man.

Stop playing the victim. Multiple people noticed what you said. Nobody took it out of context.

Stop playing the victim. Multiple people noticed what you said. Nobody took it out of context.
Darth, go to hell. You really are a total jerk. Why don't you stop playing your piece of **** lawyer card, asshat.

ok, guys... don't make us move this to the island.

i thought someone would get pissed at me for the Mac as jesus references, but instead you guys start gashing each other with painted fingernails over a mostly phantom issue more than anything.

settle down.

Darth, go to hell. You really are a total jerk. Why don't you stop playing your piece of **** lawyer card, asshat.
What lawyer card? Jens did the same thing. All I did was fix something you wrote. Maybe you are angry at yourself for writing it. Why are you so sensitive? Only one acting like a jerk right now is you, you name calling meany pants!

ok, guys... don't make us move this to the island.

i thought someone would get pissed at me for the Mac as jesus references, but instead you guys start gashing each other with painted fingernails over a mostly phantom issue more than anything.

settle down.
Wait, Mac said he was Jesus? Link please.:lol:

What lawyer card? Jens did the same thing. All I did was fix something you wrote. Maybe you are angry at yourself for writing it. Why are you so sensitive? Only one acting like a jerk right now is you, you name calling meany pants!

How do you tell if Snow is being a jerk?

he's talking.

Of course Mac defends JE. Keep im mind that Embree is providing one of Mac's grandkids an (undeserved) free ride though college and gave his other grandson a job on his staff. #Nepotism.

Of course Mac defends JE. Keep im mind that Embree is providing one of Mac's grandkids an (undeserved) free ride though college and gave his other grandson a job on his staff. #Nepotism.

I don't think that's why Mac is supporting Embree.

This is the exact same ra-ra speech he gave after Embree was hired. It was fine back then, but the proof is in the pudding. Does he realize that Embree has already lost 13 games as our coach, most of which were blowouts. I wonder if did this because he felt it was his duty to use some of his clout to support JE or if he actually believes the snake-oil that he's peddling.

A speech like this may play and buy Embree some breathing room, but it's the type of speech that can only play once. Mac had to roll it out after week 3. Embree better turn things around this week or things are going to become so much worse. Mac can't save him any more.

A speech like this may play and buy Embree some breathing room, but it's the type of speech that can only play once. Mac had to roll it out after week 3. Embree better turn things around this week or things are going to become so much worse. Mac can't save him any more.

I was thinking the same thing. It is pretty early to already pull out the big gun. What happens over the next three months if the losses keep piling up?

I'd prefer not to hear any Mac bashing. As I've said before, he believes in "positive thinking." That is what made him who he is. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with him, for sure. But be respectful, as most of you are.
Why are you so defensive of him?

Swear I've heard this basic speech at least 4 times previously

"let's believe in the president"

Yeah, Bruce Benson is real fervent

Last edited:
The truth is, Embree can have his 3rd year. He just has to get to 3-4 wins now with the schedule he has left to get that opportunity. He gave up all the easy games on the schedule, his team flat out quit at Fresno, so now he has 9 games to get 3 or 4 wins and I would consider bringing him back. Stealing some victories from better teams seems like a fair trade off to losing to the **** programs we did in the first 3 weeks. If he can pull it off, then let's follow Mac's lead here. Tough road to hoe though. He'll have one of his best opportunities to win this week against WSU. Better make the most of it.

Back