What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Living well is the best revenge - Cody Hawkins

office_space_kit_mat.jpg

How did you sneak into HalKin's (Old) office in Dal Ward to take that picture?

This thread seems to be getting dangerously close to ripping on a player. We all want Hawkins gone, I get that. And many of us don't think that Cody has the tools to be a Div I QB. But Cody has been a great Buff & like the rest of us, he bleeds black & gold. I don't think it's cool to take out our frustrations with his dad/Mike Bohn/CU Admin, etc. on Cody.

:lol: The most sensitive family to ever grace this earth. Live well and prosper cody,make sure daddy saves his cash he's stolen from CU, cause there won't be anymore checks coming ever again....

If daddy manages money like he coaches football, the family will be living in a van down by the river.

This thread seems to be getting dangerously close to ripping on a player. We all want Hawkins gone, I get that. And many of us don't think that Cody has the tools to be a Div I QB. But Cody has been a great Buff & like the rest of us, he bleeds black & gold. I don't think it's cool to take out our frustrations with his dad/Mike Bohn/CU Admin, etc. on Cody.

Agree completely, Cody is a class act and dont think we need to bash a player. Cody beat CSU, Oklahoma and Nebraska as a freshman and not to many CU qbs can say that. Who wouldnt defend their father even if they had no reason to defend him. Lets just hope this nightmare ends soon.

Cody Hawkins
Living well is the Best Revenge
via TweetCaster

I say: Big Deal. So what?

Listen up, allbuffs. Cody Hawkins and the rest of the 18-22 year olds that play for CU do not spend all their time trying to write and broadcast cryptic messages for message board fans. They use twitter to communicate mainly with each other and their friends.

"Living well is the best revenge" can mean a million things - such as f-you Kansas. Or "we have to do better next week"... there's nothing in there to imply he is talking about fans or critics, so get over it.

I'm afraid that of all the things we could try to read between the lines, this is not one that is decipherable, and it's unlikely Cody thinks about us as often as we think about him. It's just a comment and not worth four pages of interpretation.

It used to mean: I'm not going to get even with you, I'm going to live my life better and that will be my "revenge" -- happiness is its own reward, more or less. I said this in a resignation letter once -- and the meaning was "I could report some of your bull**** and get your butt in a sling, but I'm going to go live my life the way I want to, and that will be my supreme statement."

Original source:
Living well is the best revenge.
George Herbert English clergyman & metaphysical poet (1593 - 1633)​

I really doubt he's just throwing some random tweet out there to his friends...kids don't talk like that. But quoting some metaphysical poet to get some "message" out makes sense to me.

This is a sad thread. How far Allbuffs have fallen for even keeping this thread around. :(

Cody is a good kid and victim of a desire of nothing more than to play for his father, I cannot fault that, and I wish him nothing but the best and a long and happy life.

This is a sad thread. How far Allbuffs have fallen for even keeping this thread around. :(

Agree its a shame but that's what happens without any leadership and frustrated fans are left in the dark to speculate. A good decision NOW is better than the best decision too late.

Agree its a shame but that's what happens without any leadership and frustrated fans are left in the dark to speculate. A good decision NOW is better than the best decision too late.
Cody is going to be bashed regardless. His father's job status wouldn't affect anything imo.

Can we please remove this thread? Now? PS--Cody isn't a great QB and his dad has failed here, but he LOVES CU and is one of the best dudes I know. Some of you, especially the ignorant dumb **** that posted the picture, need a life/perspective. Holy ****

Can we please remove this thread? Now? PS--Cody isn't a great QB and his dad has failed here, but he LOVES CU and is one of the best dudes I know. Some of you, especially the ignorant dumb **** that posted the picture, need a life/perspective. Holy ****

You are seriously that upset by posting a picture from last weeks game? Cody has been taking shots at the fans for awhile now.

I agree...this is one of the more annoying message threads ever. Have your opinion of Cody's play, but stop stalking his tweets and facebook or whatever the **** you do...just so you can bash him. This thread is pathetic...

yep, this is why I let ripping cody slide. Does anybody really think he will bleed black and gold after daddy is fired? I'm sick of Cody's act. He is just like pops and think he can do no wrong.

every time he speaks, he sounds like a douchebag.

Back