What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

So basically it sounds like the pro-Embree camp has declared war on Bohn's job. i wouldn't expect to here many Bohn interviews on the Fan or the Ticket for a while.

So basically it sounds like the pro-Embree camp has declared war on Bohn's job. i wouldn't expect to here many Bohn interviews on the Fan or the Ticket for a while.

Those fools don't realize they've already lost. Any momentum they had was lost when Mac went off the reservation yesterday. The national media doesn't support them, and the news cycle is almost over. Soon, everyone else will have moved on, they will be stewing in anger, then Bohn is going to announce new facilities and a new coach and they will look even more like petulant children.

Those fools don't realize they've already lost. Any momentum they had was lost when Mac went off the reservation yesterday. The national media doesn't support them, and the news cycle is almost over. Soon, everyone else will have moved on, they will be stewing in anger, then Bohn is going to announce new facilities and a new coach and they will look even more like petulant children.

No. They'll say why didn't Embree get those new facilities, yada,yada,yada.

No. They'll say why didn't Embree get those new facilities, yada,yada,yada.

But they know that the facilities were coming and the on-field performance was hurting both the donor commitments and ticket revenue. I think some will stay loud, but most will be past the venting and focused back on the good of the program even if they drop a couple "I wish Embree had gotten this to use in recruiting."

But they know that the facilities were coming and the on-field performance was hurting both the donor commitments and ticket revenue. I think some will stay loud, but most will be past the venting and focused back on the good of the program even if they drop a couple "I wish Embree had gotten this to use in recruiting."

Klatt will not give it up. But I agree most will move on if the new coach starts winning.

Klatt won't give up, but his producers will. They will tell him to stop talking CU and move on to the Broncos.

Klatt won't give up, but his producers will. They will tell him to stop talking CU and move on to the Broncos.

Klatt has through Friday with this story. After the Bronco game on Sunday things will be back to normal with 99% of the day filled with Klatt breaking down the PFM performance. You know, QB on QB.

This is almost over for them, except when we hire the new coach and they all pout about that too. I'm sure they'll have the guy on and be civil, but there will be plenty of grousing and rehashing I'm sure.

Local Media Coverage of the firing - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown on Twitter

This is almost over for them, except when we hire the new coach and they all pout about that too. I'm sure they'll have the guy on and be civil, but there will be plenty of grousing and rehashing I'm sure.

Yes,they will ask him how he plans to deal with all of CUs "challenges",and who knows maybe start a rumor about Mike Bohn and any unsolved murders in the area.

ocal Media Coverage of the firing - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown on Twitter

Afternoon radio guys are so bitter at the Strong rumors

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Klatt has through Friday with this story. After the Bronco game on Sunday things will be back to normal with 99% of the day filled with Klatt breaking down the PFM performance. You know, QB on QB.

As a Colts fan, I find it hilarious that Klatt could even understand what Peyton does on the field.

Big Al is offended.

Is it because the rug has been pulled out from under the racist argument?

Or is the spin something along the lines that CU is still racist, and wouldn't shed Mac's label unless there was a good faith offer to outbid the SEC schools and certainly offer much more than Louisville would ever be willing to match?

Kreckman still sticking to the Bohn saying that we are all in this for the long haul with Embree.

CJ says Strong is a pipe dream

Well, now it is 'it doesn't matter who you hire, you need facilities and support from the school. They have to change the admission standards'

The goal-posts keep on movin.

My favorite however was this. Dmac "So, if you CU goes out and pays $3MM for the right guy..." Al "Hold on, I take offense to that comment"

BTW - CU might have borked the press conference, but everything else this week in regards to the firestorm has been handled very well. I heard a caller to CJ earlier talking about how many donations are coming in, and you could sense CJ's disappointment.

These guys are getting drowned out now. Somehow CU is starting to smell like roses.

Victor Rogers and Sonny Lubestick weigh in on Altitude -- both said that, while the on-field results were bad, Embree had done a lot "behind the scenes" and should have been given more time. Also said that the problems in Boulder go deeper than the coaching staff, and "throwing money at it" won't solve the problem. I would have listened longer, but Sonny makes me want to hurl with his whiney, mush mouth delivery.

Victor Rogers and Sonny Lubestick weigh in on Altitude -- both said that, while the on-field results were bad, Embree had done a lot "behind the scenes" and should have been given more time. Also said that the problems in Boulder go deeper than the coaching staff, and "throwing money at it" won't solve the problem. I would have listened longer, but Sonny makes me want to hurl with his whiney, mush mouth delivery.

Um,isnt that exactly what they are doing at csu? Wheres the criticism of csu infusing money into the program?

Well, now it is 'it doesn't matter who you hire, you need facilities and support from the school. They have to change the admission standards'

My favorite however was this. Dmac "So, if you CU goes out and pays $3MM for the right guy..." Al "Hold on, I take offense to that comment"

He takes offense to what part of it?? The "right guy" part? Newsflash, Embree would've gotten more time if his team had shown even a sliver of improvement.

This will go on and on for JE's ex-CU player media shills.

If (no, make that "when" please) CU makes a solid hire, the excuses will go to facilities, when facilities are announced and ground broken, excuses will become, "You didn't do that for Barnett, you didn't do that for Hawkins, you didn't do that for Embree"

Al's rant was hilarious. He starts by saying, it doesn't matter who you hire, it's everything else. Then he says, no, you don't need facilities you need the right man to lead and to inspire. If you have that don't need the other stuff. BUT, you've got to give the right man the resources he needs to go out and recruit athletes to play in the P12. But, paying for a good coach isn't going to do ****.

Lombardi Klatt show a little more subdued today. Joel starts out with trying to get Vic to agree with him on how there needs to be a change of culture up there. Vic says something like "I don't have a bohn to pick, like you do. We need a bohnified coach up there so we can get a recruiting bohnanza." Subtle yet made his point and I don't think Joel got the joke for a few seconds but never responded. Good stuff by Vic.

Lombardi Klatt show a little more subdued today. Joel starts out with trying to get Vic to agree with him on how there needs to be a change of culture up there. Vic says something like "I don't have a bohn to pick, like you do. We need a bohnified coach up there so we can get a recruiting bohnanza." Subtle yet made his point and I don't think Joel got the joke for a few seconds but never responded. Good stuff by Vic.

Derp. I bet their ratings are great this week. when they look at the numbers and see how many tuned in to hear Klatt scream at Lombardi, bet it starts happening more often. I would like to hear the details, besides water bottles, of what the big problems are. Klatt finally seems like he is calming down.

Back