What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

Mac sounds like he would kick Bohn in the balls. I'd like to see that. If Benson had 'em, he'd fire Bohn.

For firing a disaster of a coach that he never wanted in the first place?

Yep, makes perfect sense...

You know, it's ironic that Embree is on the radio right now talking about maturing and growing yet he has been a immature petulant child all day.

Wow great question with Al. Talked about the caller b4(who AL dumped) about Embree about him not being a coordinator and both the OC and DC never been coordinators before. Embree laughed and said if they only knew.

What the **** does that even mean man? I mean seriously! What the **** does that mean? Al was asked the same question and came up with the same bumbling nonsense answer. What ****ing garbage.

If that offense was so important, he probably could have fired EB, hired Stitt, and saved his job. He's making excuses.
Well, there were 6 ACs that offered to resign so that wasn't the issue. We had the right coaches in place.

The worst thing about this is the damage it is doing between the school and the former players/coaches. All the other **** will work out. But, Mac and others almost sound like they are thinking about disassociating themselves from the program. That is too bad. But, this, too, shall pass.

I wish these hosts would have asked Embree what (if anything) he would have changed about his 2 years. I bet he wouldn't admit it, but it would be his choice of working with EB and Brown.

You know, it's ironic that Embree is on the radio right now talking about maturing and growing yet he has been a immature petulant child all day.
Lots of emotions. That press conference was one of the dumbest ideas ever. Give him a couple days. He just lost his dream job. I think he has calmed down by now.

I don't hate Embree like I hated Hawkins at this point. I'm glad it didn't get to that. Embree just wasn't ready for this position and it was obvious. This just sucks. Bohn needs to hire a good one.

If I were fired today for being less than good, I'd argue that I got TOTALLY ****ED, ASSHOLES!!!!!!

The worst thing about this is the damage it is doing between the school and the former players/coaches. All the other **** will work out. But, Mac and others almost sound like they are thinking about disassociating themselves from the program. That is too bad. But, this, too, shall pass.

Mac hasn't been the coach since 1994. That's 18 yrs ago.

Thank god for the last two callers on Cj and Kreckman.

Empathized appropriately with Embree and firing one of our own. Then wisely and calmly redirected focus with objective statistics towards the awful product on the field. One guy mentioned the 1st and 10 qb sneak. Thank god.

Last edited:

Guys like Matt McChesney?

I am listening to CJ online, has Mac or CJ even watched a game this year? I make sure I get all the relevant station to watch CU down here not only at home but at my work and hunting camp and I have never seen a worse team. It was as if it was our first season of football ever.

Come on Bohn. Handle this like a professional. He doesn't slander or confuse emotions like MAC, big Al, Klatt, CJ, et al.

Hey Jon, where did those tears go? This morning he is crying like a baby and now he is ripping his own beloved CU. This guy although a Buff is a joke. Go away please.

Interesting Bohn brought up football ticket sales first as part of the process. That tells me keeping Embree for another year was going to be a big money loser for the program.

Listening to the 104.3 interview...

"Question to Bohn: Did you ever believe Embree was the right guy for the position? Did you ever give him 100% support?"

Wow. Way to give away the game already.

ht_shock_060727_ssv.jpg

Bohn: "We've made significant progress on the institutional side" "The institution cannot carry the program by itself"

???? I have no idea what this means.

Back