What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lonzo Ball's dad.

So the Lakers had in Fox, for the 3rd 'private' work out by a guard. Is the idea, that these guys are so elite, they can't get on the floor with other players during a tryout? they are playing, if at all, against assistant coaches. Was noted Ball seemed out-of-shape.

I'm not so sure the Lakers take Ball honestly. They'll have to work on his stroke, it is fugly. Low release point and everything. Dudes will be blocking that ****.

I'm not so sure the Lakers take Ball honestly. They'll have to work on his stroke, it is fugly. Low release point and everything. Dudes will be blocking that ****.
I hear this concern a lot. How many jump shots do we see get blocked? That's not what the issue is with a release that starts from the hip. The issue is being able to get the shot off with such little time and space to shoot. Those windows shrink as the competition level goes up. That's why a guy like Ray Allen was so special, too. I'm sure there were many guys over the course of his time in the NBA who could shoot him to a draw playing HORSE. But that quick, high, consistent release with no wasted motion made it almost impossible to close out on him.

With Ball being a PG, his long release isn't as much of a concern for me. He's not going to be making his living on catch-n-shoot running the baseline or coming off screens. With his game, it's going to be like a Jason Kidd with 3pt shooting.

I hear you man but the only one I remember shooting like that is Kevin Martin maybe. It could work I guess.

The man's entertainment value is off the charts.

Looking forward to seeing how he gets LaMelo on the Lakers if he develops well.

I watched Ball play yesterday, albeit a summer league game, he played very well. Didn't shoot worth a damn but pretty sure he had a triple double. Very good passer.

LaVar Ball gets called for technical foul after swearing at a ref while coaching his AAU team, Big Ballers. Pulls team off the court and forfeits the game.

Way to teach sportsmanship and respect for the game to those high schoolers, LaVar. Great work, dad.

I know man but he does seem to be a good dad behind closed doors. Get him in front of a camera or in public, different story.

I know man but he does seem to be a good dad behind closed doors. Get him in front of a camera or in public, different story.

I don't know about that. Being a good dad isn't trying to live out your fantasies through your kids. It's about giving your kids the guidance and support that allows them to achieve recognition and happiness for themselves.

This guy is about using his kids to get recognition for himself, he's the mastermind, he's the one responsible. He wasn't good enough to do it himself so he will be the star using his kids to get him there.

Is he pushing Lonzo to father a kid so he can dominate the life of a grandchild as well? There are certainly much worse dads out there but I wouldn't hold him up as an example of a good one either.

I don't know about that. Being a good dad isn't trying to live out your fantasies through your kids. It's about giving your kids the guidance and support that allows them to achieve recognition and happiness for themselves.

This guy is about using his kids to get recognition for himself, he's the mastermind, he's the one responsible. He wasn't good enough to do it himself so he will be the star using his kids to get him there.

Is he pushing Lonzo to father a kid so he can dominate the life of a grandchild as well? There are certainly much worse dads out there but I wouldn't hold him up as an example of a good one either.
I hear ya and that isn't my approach at all. Idk what goes on with their personal lives though. I tell my son all the time, whatever success you have, it belongs to you. Different philosophies so to speak.

He's a damn circus. People would stop paying attention to him, it might go away. I wouldn't count on it unfortunately.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ool-junior-lamelo-ball-now-signature-shoe-395

It's fine if LaVar wants to gamble with his own dignity on his brand.

It's poor taste to vault his brand on son's professional success.

It's gross behavior to throw a tantrum at his sons' high school and youth basketball games.

But most of all it's irresponsible and predatory to place his high school son's collegiate elegibility in jeopardy to sell shoes.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ool-junior-lamelo-ball-now-signature-shoe-395

It's fine if LaVar wants to gamble with his own dignity on his brand.

It's poor taste to vault his brand on son's professional success.

It's gross behavior to throw a tantrum at his sons' high school and youth basketball games.

But most of all it's irresponsible and predatory to place his high school son's collegiate elegibility in jeopardy to sell shoes.
Saw that, I'm done paying any attention to this **** stick.

I keep reading comments about Lavar being a "Good" dad. Good being a subjective term here. He is certainly supportive. However, I view GOOD as being a role model for your children, living and teaching them in a respectable manner. Publicly berating women, behaving demonstratively while coaching other parents children and flat out acting irresponsibly is not what I would define as being a good father, in showing your children how to act towards others and women specifically.
Hopefully, for his kids sake, he will fade away quietly out of the spotlight before damaging their professional careers.

I keep reading comments about Lavar being a "Good" dad. Good being a subjective term here. He is certainly supportive. However, I view GOOD as being a role model for your children, living and teaching them in a respectable manner. Publicly berating women, behaving demonstratively while coaching other parents children and flat out acting irresponsibly is not what I would define as being a good father, in showing your children how to act towards others and women specifically.
Hopefully, for his kids sake, he will fade away quietly out of the spotlight before damaging their professional careers.
upload_2017-9-1_8-44-28.png

Back