What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking forward to the CSU game next year

Serious and respectful question here Gasm?

What in the world do you think you are going to accomplish being here? Do you think you are going to convert some of us to like the rams? Are you imagining that some of us might be on you side with your fantasy about joining our conference? Maybe you think that somehow you are going to develop some kind of new love and respect for your school?

I find this interesting from a standpoint that you come here so determined to try to convince us of something when it is clear that even if you were somehow right we aren't going to be on your side. Instead you come here to a board populated with people who don't like your school to start with and try to convince us of something that would make no sense to someone who is impartial.

What is the endgame? What are your objectives here because from what I see they aren't likely to be accomplished. Maybe you are just one of those people who likes to argue points that any reasonable person would know you have no chance to win.

What in the world do you think you are going to accomplish being here? Do you think you are going to convert some of us to like the rams? Are you imagining that some of us might be on you side with your fantasy about joining our conference? Maybe you think that somehow you are going to develop some kind of new love and respect for your school?

I find this interesting from a standpoint that you come here so determined to try to convince us of something when it is clear that even if you were somehow right we aren't going to be on your side. Instead you come here to a board populated with people who don't like your school to start with and try to convince us of something that would make no sense to someone who is impartial.

What is the endgame? What are your objectives here because from what I see they aren't likely to be accomplished. Maybe you are just one of those people who likes to argue points that any reasonable person would know you have no chance to win.

Dude...rational questions will not work in this case.....we are dealing wih the equivalent of a 3rd grader...

Because I can.

and like I've said before I find it hilarious the whole mindset of CU fans.

Because I can.

and like I've said before I find it hilarious the whole mindset of CU fans.

Do you mean, "I find the whole mindset of CU fans hilarious?" Speak English gooder more.

How are we delusional? We've had any delusion beat out of us over the past 7 years. Do you read any other threads on this site? Most are predicting another miserable season.

How are we delusional? We've had any delusion beat out of us over the past 7 years. Do you read any other threads on this site? Most are predicting another miserable season.

Everything you guys say is delusional

The same thing could be said for CU fans

delusional_fat_people-s320x400-48887.jpg

Everything you guys say is delusional

Yet, here you are giving us delusional giving us delusional fans the time of day by posting message after message. If we are such a delusional bunch why are you wasting your finite time on this board? Seriously, think about it.

Yet, here you are giving us delusional giving us delusional fans the time of day by posting message after message. If we are such a delusional bunch why are you wasting your finite time on this board? Seriously, think about it.
I could say the exact same thing to you

Lambboy, you are the fool in the hall. Dance for us fool, throw out another fantasy so we can be enertained. That is your value here. Nothing more.

To reiterate, expansion is driven by a simple equation.

Will the addition of the school equal more conference revenue for existing members?

The unfortunate answer for many hopefuls is that very few have the home markets and/or national cache to move the needle.

We know the population of the west will continue to grow fast. The Pac-8 took the Arizona schools in that mindset because it was known back in late 1976 that Arizona's population would explode and it did.

I did some thinking recently that even if we took BYU and CSU and went to a geographical zipper, we would be able to play every school in our conference within 4 years if we went to 10 conference games for football. We don't have to go to 16 right away and let time go by before teams 15 and 16 eventually emerge.

I don't know what the term BCS Buster would be like back in the 1940s when CU moved to the Big Six Conference but at the same time, had CU not left that conference, we would have been in the WAC/MWC with the likes of BYU, Utah, CSU, Arizona, Arizona State, Air Force, Wyoming, etc. I am saying that I would not be stunned if the PAC-16 East Division is similar in make up. While this will reduce the athletic events in California, we can still call up Hawaii, Frenso State, SDSU, SJSU, UNLV, and Nevada for our OOC games in football.

As for basketball if that happens, we are in great shape over the long run. I can only wonder what it will be like of both MBB and football win big at the same time and over the long run.

Again the west will keep growing and so will the money for the P12. This is probably part of the reason why the P12 didn't take Utah AND BYU or CU AND CSU. With the P12 Network, CSU and BYU have a great opportunity to state their cases to the P12 brass since they will play on the P12 Network against CU and Utah. If those ratings are high, how does a second game with those two teams look when it comes to money? I post on many boards and I have told CSU fans that they have those opportunities in front of them. I am a bit skeptical of Utah being or rival at this point. Both Buff and Ute fans need to consider the possibility of BYU & CSU joining if the Rumble of the Rockies doesn't live up to its name. We usually don't play BYU in many sports but if we start playing them in FB and MBB, that might be a sign of things to come.

BYU is completely incompatible with the PAC. They do not play games on Sundays and are not a good fit in a lot of other ways. BYU could make an argument about bringing in revenue since they manage to sell out a fairly large stadium at comparable ticket prices. They also travel well with the Mormon population in the western states and do reasonably well in TV ratings. They do not however add much in terms of TV market since Utah has a solid overlap with them in the SLC area and Utah in general.

CSU on the other hand is simply not in the picture in terms of revenue potential. What TV market do they bring. CU is the solid market leader for college football in the Denver market which Ft. Collins is bunched in with. If anything AFA is way ahead of CSU as well. When they have been on TV their rating have been very low, even when the team was having success. They also don't draw at home and don't travel well.

There are a large number of teams that would have to turn the PAC down before they would consider CSU if they were forced to go that far. UNM has slightly better attendance than CSU but is the dominant team in a growing market and state, a significantly larger market than northern Colorado. UTEP provides you with west Texas including El Paso. Houston gives you a shot into one of the largest cities in the nation in a football crazy state. Rice and SMU do as well but in a more limited manner and with religious ties. As much as we laugh about Boise they at least bring much higher attendance, a TV market, and some national TV interest. Even Hawaii, Tulsa, Fresno, and some others would be way ahead of CSU in consideration based on the one factor that is where it starts and ends $$$$$$.

There is so much that would have to happen for CSU to even be considered that a discussion about it at this point is pure fantasy. CSU is light years away from being considered. A lot of what it would take is beyond the University's ability to provide, such as a larger television footprint.

You sure are wasting your time responding to a "delusional" CSU fan though according to you
It's a shame you still don't get it.

You're the ugly girl at the strip club. You're just here as a placeholder until something better comes along. Hell, you haven't even figured out that we've been slipping you Monopoly money.

NashBuff- From talking with people in various circles there is no chance, not even slim for the possibilities you raised, not sure where in the world you came up with that idea. Spending too much time on a Ram or Cougar Board IMO.

NashBuff- From talking with people in various circles there is no chance, not even slim for the possibilities you raised, not sure where in the world you came up with that idea. Spending too much time on a Ram or Cougar Board IMO.

Dont worry about Nash has a hard time with this expansion stuff. He thought the MWC would be a better fit for CU than the 12PAC.

Back