What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking forward to the CSU game next year

Considering that CSU does not have a TV market in which it dominates probably 55k+

Utah averages about 43k but and this is the big difference, they are the top draw in a media market that is close to being in the top 20 in the nation and doesn't have a pro franchise in it. CSU isn't even in the top 10-15 sports draws in it's own TV market.

This is the part you don't get. CSU does not add revenue value to a major conference. Even if they got a new stadium and filled it to 42,500 per game they don't make money for the rest of a major conference.
In our current state yes, but again you are banking on CSU not getting any better.

Back in the day, CSU was always on ESPN, and was the go to choice for Thursday night games.

Again, your defeatist, no can do attitude is what CSU is trying to avoid. I wonder where Boise State, TCU, USF, Houston and UCF would be with that attitude.

I'm glad we have people like Jack Graham and Tony Frank. We'll never get there if we don't try

In our current state yes, but again you are banking on CSU not getting any better.

Back in the day, CSU was always on ESPN, and was the go to choice for Thursday night games.

Again, your defeatist, no can do attitude is what CSU is trying to avoid. I wonder where Boise State, TCU, USF, Houston and UCF would be with that attitude.

I'm glad we have people like Jack Graham and Tony Frank. We'll never get there if we don't try
Someone doesn't understand that things have changed since 1997 regarding ESPN and thursday nights.

I think we can all support that attitude, and of course we understand why JG is trying to do this. I think we're just pointing out that it has to be done smart, and not ruin the AD or cost and tax dollars. I sure as **** don't want any of my money going to your ****.

Someone doesn't understand that things have changed since 1997 regarding ESPN and thursday nights.
So since it's changed we should not try?

Thats a good attitude. I'd personally rather get good enough to force them to put us on ESPN, Boise State Junior College style

Last edited:
So since it's changed we should not try?

Thats a good attitude. I'd personally rather get good enough to force them to put us on ESPN, Boise State Junior College style

Not at all. CSU should be the best it can be.

But the dynamic of the WAC being the only conference willing to play on weeknights for television are long over.

I actually thinking that Thu is becoming an NFL night and college will have to focus on Friday (even Wednesday).

Not at all. CSU should be the best it can be.

But the dynamic of the WAC being the only conference willing to play on weeknights for television are long over.

I actually thinking that Thu is becoming an NFL night and college will have to focus on Friday (even Wednesday).

Correct.

Nik's ranking of candidates on the previous page is essentially spot on. CSU is only ahead of New Mexico State and probably Utah State as a candidate for the Pac, although frankly USU's fanbase is far bigger than CSU's and showing stronger growth, but CSU has a better (phony) market excuse.

Nik's ranking of candidates on the previous page is essentially spot on. CSU is only ahead of New Mexico State and probably Utah State as a candidate for the Pac, although frankly USU's fanbase is far bigger than CSU's and showing stronger growth, but CSU has a better (phony) market excuse.
Except for the fact that the Pac wouldn't even consider any of those teams since their academics aren't good enough. So no it's not "spot on"

Common sense people seriously...

Except for the fact that the Pac wouldn't even consider any of those teams since their academics aren't good enough. So no it's not "spot on"

Common sense people seriously...

^^^^

Has convinced himself that academics is driving conference realignments.

^^^^

Has convinced himself that academics is driving conference realignments.
Only until someone demonstrates that CSU's academics aren't as good as some other school. I was gonna use the word "candidate" but that would suggest CSU was a candidate.

That is tied for the stupidest thing you have ever posted with most of the things you have posted.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

fify

Hard to hit bottom when you are already spread out on it like a coat of paint.

If CSU is such an academic powerhouse how did they admit someone as blatantly and consistently stupid as Gasm?

fify

Hard to hit bottom when you are already spread out on it like a coat of paint.

If CSU is such an academic powerhouse how did they admit someone as blatantly and consistently stupid as Gasm?
Higher ACT score than Slider FWIW

Well my ACT is at or above CU's average I believe so what does that say about CU's students?

Based on your postings here it says that standarized test scores have little relation to the ability to think or reason.

Back