What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre contract approved in 8-0 vote

MM was not my first choice way back. I criticized him for some early moves (and non-moves). I was dead wrong on the Buffs last year. I applaud MM for his on-field success in 2016. I question whether he is the long-term solution at CU. Time will tell.

I am not a homer. I am not a CU fan, nor an I an Arkansas fan. I am just of fan of college football. I like good football and glad it has returned to Boulder.

I donate.

I like to debate.

I guess, by some's definition, I am troll.

You can decide.
But don't you claim to have some information about Mac that you are not willing to share until he is gone? And isn't this "information," or whatever it is, why you don't like Mac?

My criticism of MM has to dowi
But don't you claim to have some information about Mac that you are not willing to share until he is gone? And isn't this "information," or whatever it is, why you don't like Mac?

My criticism of MM has to do with his leadership, the process by which he acquires, develops and lets go assistants, his modest recruiting chops and his overall on-field performance. I applaud his for 2016. Let's see if the conference performance is sustainable. While 2016 was outstanding, one year of winning does nit make a trend.

Yes, I know some circumstances about how Chiv and Leavitt were hired. I will tell after MM leaves. This is related to my criticism of his leadership and talent acquisition noted above.

He will go to the SEC or the B1G at the first opportunity and how can you blame him. CU is a crap job in a Bull**** PC environment. Then CU will hire another up-and comer. CU has become a stepping stone job.
There is no recent history to suggest it is a stepping stone job.

I changed my mind and don't give me the bs Mac isn't a leader. You don't learn under Parcells and take nothing. If you guys are so badass, put your money were your mouth is.

My criticism of MM has to dowi

My criticism of MM has to do with his leadership, the process by which he acquires, develops and lets go assistants, his modest recruiting chops and his overall on-field performance. I applaud his for 2016. Let's see if the conference performance is sustainable. While 2016 was outstanding, one year of winning does nit make a trend.

Yes, I know some circumstances about how Chiv and Leavitt were hired. I will tell after MM leaves. This is related to my criticism of his leadership and talent acquisition noted above.
If the acquisition of leavitt and chev is an issue, why would RG give him this extension and pay raise? Obviously it's hard to put down a coach who just won his division but that is a big issue if RG was really the one who brought in leavitt.

If the acquisition of leavitt and chev is an issue, why would RG give him this extension and pay raise? Obviously it's hard to put down a coach who just won his division but that is a big issue if RG was really the one who brought in leavitt.

RG pays for results. He helped MM improve with the addition of Chiv and Leavitt. That's what good ADs do.

I changed my mind and don't give me the bs Mac isn't a leader. You don't learn under Parcells and take nothing. If you guys are so badass, put your money were your mouth is.
MM's leadership abilities - and other shortcomings - will keep CU from reaching a consistent elite winning level. He has a low ceiling with terminal success. That's just my opinion based on my observations. They are unlike yours. That's OK. Time will tell.

If his ceiling is a PAC 12 South championship, I can live with that.
Winning the P12S 1/5-6 years seems like a low expectation for many fans here. I may be wrong. Maybe that's what CU fans want.i suspect RG wants more. But, again, maybe not.

Winning the P12S 1/5-6 years seems like a low expectation for many fans here. I may be wrong. Maybe that's what CU fans want.i suspect RG wants more. But, again, maybe not.

^^^
Doesn't choose to recognize the depth of the hole from which CU football had to dig itself out.

That is true. Perhaps it, as well, doesn't recognize USC's recent return to elite status which may or may not be permanent although it appears to be trending in the right direction.

Maybe you have higher expectations for how often CU wins the division, league, top 15, etc.

That is true. Perhaps it, as well, doesn't recognize USC's recent return to elite status which may or may not be permanent although it appears to be trending in the right direction.

Maybe you have higher expectations for how often CU wins the division, league, top 15, etc.

Lose by a lot.
Lose by a little
Win by a little
Win by a lot.

CU football has had a sustainability issue. The expectation is to compete for a conference title every year. Those who witnessed the 1990s Buffs teams, including Rick George, don't think that's cray.

How long do you hang on to that before having higher expectations then the best of six teams?

Did you stop and think about the reason the progression was posted?

- lose big...

This is the year to see if MacIntyre is merely a turnaround artist or an architect of sustainability. Buff nation needs a bowl victory and to get the USC monkey off the program's back.

Even if the man wins 10 games this year, MacIntyre will still have a sub .500 record at CU and people will take pot shots at him.

I expect him to breech 500 in 2018

Did you stop and think about the reason the progression was posted?

- lose big...

This is the year to see if MacIntyre is merely a turnaround artist or an architect of sustainability. Buff nation needs a bowl victory and to get the USC monkey off the program's back.

Even if the man wins 10 games this year, MacIntyre will still have a sub .500 record at CU and people will take pot shots at him.

I expect him to breech 500 in 2018
Fair. How many conference wins this year? To me, that's what matters.Vegas says 4-5.
That's not a good sustainability" number to me.

I think MM is a good coach for the Boulder environment, which seems unique in all of football. If they can try and embroil even a guy like MM in a scandal like we had the past few months, imagine how long the coach more accustomed to big programs would last.

That said I think there were a lot of possible causes for our success last year; Leavitt, tons of seniors and some uncharacteristic weakness in the conference. The proof for me will be this year.

That said I think there were a lot of possible causes for our success last year; Leavitt, tons of seniors and some uncharacteristic weakness in the conference. The proof for me will be this year.
MM did the best by far of the last 3 coaches of retaining the roster. Hawk was flippant about who stayed and who left. Embree was actively trying to turnover the roster, fine idea, but hard to do in practice. MM kept everybody together for the most part, and it paid off this year.

Back