What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre contract approved in 8-0 vote

MM did the best by far of the last 3 coaches of retaining the roster. Hawk was flippant about who stayed and who left. Embree was actively trying to turnover the roster, fine idea, but hard to do in practice. MM kept everybody together for the most part, and it paid off this year.
MM stabilized the locker room and started retaining players. In three years we stopped sucking and started playing like a team that could be competitive in the Mountain West. Then last year we took of. Mostly cause of 12th ranked defense. What caused that? I am waiting to find out for sure.

MM stabilized the locker room and started retaining players. In three years we stopped sucking and started playing like a team that could be competitive in the Mountain West. Then last year we took of. Mostly cause of 12th ranked defense. What caused that? I am waiting to find out for sure.
Seniors and depth, it had been a while since we had that, made coaching easier, we'll see how it goes going forward.

2017 is the year to cement that CU is a bowl team and program solidifying itself as a contender.

2018 is the roster that really excites me as a potential Pac-12 champion.

I feel as everyone is dismissing what MM has done. He brought CU from the pits of hell, to competing for a conference championship, in short order. You consider how far we were down, what our roster looked like when he arrived, the task of recruiting he took on here, the conference we are in, and the hurdles with our lame ass non football administration. C'Mon guys - give credit where it's due. MM has done a remarkable job. Some people are motivators of men, some are great managers and some are great CEO's... I believe in Head Coach MM. I hope we are able to keep him around for a long time. He will get us back to the promise land if given that time. He has shown what he can do, not only here, but look at his record...Everyone step away from the ledge and enjoy!! We are finally fans of a winning program. I have faith HCMM knows what he is doing.

I don't think many people question MM having done a heck of a job rebuilding a mess.

Only points I've seen expressed is that a similar record over the next 4 years won't cut it. Now he's got to show he can establish a consistent bowl team that's in the mix every year to win the South.

One thing that's frustrating is that news hacks and even the public who don't give CU the time of day can rip CU for giving Mac a raise yet he can't defend himself in public because of the potential lawsuit. People are such idots.

I feel as everyone is dismissing what MM has done. He brought CU from the pits of hell, to competing for a conference championship, in short order. You consider how far we were down, what our roster looked like when he arrived, the task of recruiting he took on here, the conference we are in, and the hurdles with our lame ass non football administration. C'Mon guys - give credit where it's due. MM has done a remarkable job. Some people are motivators of men, some are great managers and some are great CEO's... I believe in Head Coach MM. I hope we are able to keep him around for a long time. He will get us back to the promise land if given that time. He has shown what he can do, not only here, but look at his record...Everyone step away from the ledge and enjoy!! We are finally fans of a winning program. I have faith HCMM knows what he is doing.

I applaud his progress and efforts. 2016 was very well done. Sustain? Time will tell.

What is your expectation for CU's conference record this year?

Last edited:
No one is dismissing it. In fact one sign of a more healthy program is when fans have higher expectations. We're no longer simply content with one pretty good season, and that's a good thing IMO.

Same record in the next four years as the last four years? Good God, no.
My expectations are 8 wins per season every year going forward. That's not too high a bar to set. It keeps us ranked most years and has us in the discussion for a conference title. That's fun football.

I think the goal for this year should be 7-8 wins, then 9-10 in 2018. After that there are a lot of questions to try and predict.

Goals and expectations are not the same thing. Just saying. I expect to win eight games a year. I would think their goals would be somewhat higher.

I applaud his progress and efforts. 2017 was very well done. Sustain? Time will tell.

2017/18 season. What is your expectation for CU's conference record this year?
2017/18 season. My expectations are to be a 6+ win team minimum. We are replacing a lot of seniors and some of the coaching staff. That's reality. College football is very fluid. Teams are up and down year to year depending on injury, roster changes, and coaches moving around etc. after that - I want to win it all of course.

8 wins a year is a good mark. However, I'd like to compete for the whole damn thing at least every once in awhile.

Just FYI, last year there were two teams to finish in the AP Top 25 with 8 wins and both were SEC teams. In 2015, no teams made the final ranking with 8 wins (all 9 or above). The added games (12 game season, plus conf champ, plus bowl), has moved the bar to 9 wins annually if you want to have a chance to be ranked at the end of the year.

Not saying 8 wins isn't the right goal for 2017 - I believe it is. Just don't set yourself up for disappointment if those 8 wins don't parlay in to an end of season ranking.

I don't think many people question MM having done a heck of a job rebuilding a mess.

Only points I've seen expressed is that a similar record over the next 4 years won't cut it. Now he's got to show he can establish a consistent bowl team that's in the mix every year to win the South.
A similar record over the next 4 years would mean dropping back to 4-5 wins a year... Of course that won't cut it, but do people really see that as an actual possibility? If so, those people must have believed last year was due 100% to luck and Leavitt, which is asinine.

Edit: The only true criticism of Mac, at this point, should be his recruiting and assistant hiring practices.

Last edited:
In order for us to have that kind of regression, teams like ASU, Cal and UA would have to all improve dramatically.
When we first came into the league, those three teams were a lot better than they are now.
Our improvement in W/L record was the result of improved personnel, improved coaching, and a backwards slide from schools like UA, ASU, Cal and UCLA. Add Oregon to that list, too. They're not the team they were in 2012.

I think the goal for this year should be 7-8 wins, then 9-10 in 2018. After that there are a lot of questions to try and predict.
7 or 8 wins is 4-5 or 5-4 in conference. That might not be consistent with "sustaining" success.

I look at conference wins and Bowl performance. I don't care about OOC when the schedule is like this upcoming year.

Same record in the next four years as the last four years? Good God, no.
My expectations are 8 wins per season every year going forward. That's not too high a bar to set. It keeps us ranked most years and has us in the discussion for a conference title. That's fun football.

I'm not sure 8 wins (5-4 in conference) will consistently keep CU in discussion for a conference title.

7 or 8 wins is 4-5 or 5-4 in conference. That might not be consistent with "sustaining" success.

I look at conference wins and Bowl performance. I don't care about OOC when the schedule is like this upcoming year.
Yeah but look at the schedule and the coaches that were lost, 9 starters and two former defensive coordinators. The Buffs have a soft OOC schedule but also have to play the top two teams and playoff contenders at home to go along with only 4 home conference games which means they will have to win 3 games on the road to get above .500 in conference play. Not saying it is hard but if Mac gets to 8 wins next year that is quite an accomplishment. 2018 is where the real signs of progress in the program will be graded. If Mac wins only 8 games last year I don't think people are having these expectation arguments right now.

After breaking an eleven year bowl drought in 2016, the expectation that CU gets back to a bowl in 2017 and wins it would look a lot like sustaining success in 2017.

Obviously success ultimately means getting to and winning the CFPO. It keeps ratcheting. So long as MM's treams are taking incremental steps towards being a consistant P12 contender, many fans will be fine with that.

I'd be fine with a 4-win conference record this season so long as one of them is USC. Otherwise 5 or more is my expectation.

I'm not sure 8 wins (5-4 in conference) will consistently keep CU in discussion for a conference title.
8 wins isn't going to get a team to the P12CG, but it will definitely keep you in the conversation for a division title until the last week or two of the season, depending on the other teams. That's also a baseline expectation that people have expressed, not a ceiling. If they can average 8 wins a year, and every 2-3 years put up 9-10+, I don't see how fans can be unhappy. Outside of something extraordinary happening, CU will NEVER be on SC's level where 10 wins and conference champs is the expectation every single year.

8 wins isn't going to get a team to the P12CG, but it will definitely keep you in the conversation for a division title until the last week or two of the season, depending on the other teams. That's also a baseline expectation that people have expressed, not a ceiling. If they can average 8 wins a year, and every 2-3 years put up 9-10+, I don't see how fans can be unhappy. Outside of something extraordinary happening, CU will NEVER be on SC's level where 10 wins and conference champs is the expectation every single year.
Fair. Gotcha.

In order for us to have that kind of regression, teams like ASU, Cal and UA would have to all improve dramatically.
When we first came into the league, those three teams were a lot better than they are now.
Our improvement in W/L record was the result of improved personnel, improved coaching, and a backwards slide from schools like UA, ASU, Cal and UCLA. Add Oregon to that list, too. They're not the team they were in 2012.

The strength of mid to lower tier teams in conferences seems to cycle. If a team stays somewhat decent it can count on a bowl game every three or four years. All it has to do is wait its turn. I am not saying that this alone is what happened last year...we had a great FB team. But I don't want to be one of those teams that have to wait their turn.

Last edited:
This post was supposed to be "And I just bought my season tickets thanks to the Regents coming to their senses!"

Instead it is "CU's web site is so jacked up right now, I can't figure out how to navigate online to buy season tickets - it will only let me make a $150 deposit of interest so they call me back. **** that. This is 2017, not 2000."
Okay, NOW I can say I have season tickets for the first time in roughly 10 years. Just dipping my toe in the water for now. Section 215, 3 tickets in the second row. Should be pretty good sight lines, get the energy from the student section, and easy access.

Looking forward to seeing 7 games this year!

Okay, NOW I can say I have season tickets for the first time in roughly 10 years. Just dipping my toe in the water for now. Section 215, 3 tickets in the second row. Should be pretty good sight lines, get the energy from the student section, and easy access.

Got sunglasses? Gotta hide those lustful stares from the Mrs.

Congrats on the seats and welcome back as a season ticket holder. We just moved to 218 but have enjoyed the Flatirons view in 215 for about 13 seasons. 2003 maybe? The first game we saw was Klatt's start against CSU at Mile High in an epic lightning storm.

As for expectations, I like to look compare CU to some other successful team with similar resources. The first school that comes to mind for me is Wisconsin. Great college town, strong but not elite academics, in a bowl game every year, always in the hunt for divisional crown, every few years they make a little run at something better. They also seem to avoid rampant behavior that embarrasses the university. That's good enough for me.

Back