What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB 2019 Season Hype Thread

Hey now. There had to be at least 11 students at the game. Cut them some slack.
One of my favorite memories from college was having to go to the Iowa women’s game to get the ticket against Kansas and then in 7 degrees waiting outside the keg for hours for the actual game. The team deserves a good crowd and student support.

Hey now. There had to be at least 11 students at the game. Cut them some slack.

I talked to some students at a football game this year about why they weren't going to the basketball games. They apparently had no idea CU was a tournament regular from 2010-2016, they didn't know who Dinwiddie or Roberson were either and had no idea we won the Pac-12 tournament in 2012. Then I realized they were all 11-13 year olds back then. Christ.

I talked to some students at a football game this year about why they weren't going to the basketball games. They apparently had no idea CU was a tournament regular from 2010-2016, they didn't know who Dinwiddie or Roberson were either and had no idea we won the Pac-12 tournament in 2012. Then I realized they were all 11-13 year olds back then. Christ.
It doesn't help that that promotions/marketing for this team both on campus and in the Boulder/Denver market is pathetic. Not sure if that's tied into Leerfield or not, but whoever heads that up from the CU side should be embarrassed and probably replaced. Random FB and IG ads don't cut it anymore. And if you're going to schedule sh** teams on weeknights for your home non-con you better incent both students and fans in some way. On a somewhat related note, I always thought a "pre-season" tourney here would be a great way to generate interest in the program and bring in some tourism $. Rocky Mountain Jam or something like that. Have it in mid/late December, so part of the draw is ski trip packages. The island/coastal states leverage the beaches, why shouldn't we leverage the mountains?

It doesn't help that that promotions/marketing for this team both on campus and in the Boulder/Denver market is pathetic. Not sure if that's tied into Leerfield or not, but whoever heads that up from the CU side should be embarrassed and probably replaced. Random FB and IG ads don't cut it anymore. And if you're going to schedule sh** teams on weeknights for your home non-con you better incent both students and fans in some way. On a somewhat related note, I always thought a "pre-season" tourney here would be a great way to generate interest in the program and bring in some tourism $. Rocky Mountain Jam or something like that. Have it in mid/late December, so part of the draw is ski trip packages. The island/coastal states leverage the beaches, why shouldn't we leverage the mountains?

I'd personally like to see a PAC12/Big 12 challenge, similar to ACC/Big10. But, yes, marketing for bball sucks, and getting better non-conference games is a way to combat that. Perhaps the only thing I give Bohn credit for is that he put some good effort to the bball program, granted this was greatly aided by Tad's teams doing well.

I'm at my wits end when it comes to the CU AD and their support of basketball. This is asinine.
It has been supported very well in terms of organizational infrastructure expansion and enhancements to the arena.

The issue is on marketing and promotion, which is almost non-existent.

Utah lets all students in free plus has drawings for giveaways.
Then there's a pay level as a MUSS(?) member that gets you extra stuff and the best seats, iirc. It's a strong model and it's working. Something I've been saying for years that CU should emulate.

Then there's a pay level as a MUSS(?) member that gets you extra stuff and the best seats, iirc. It's a strong model and it's working. Something I've been saying for years that CU should emulate.
I'm really hoping that this is stage 3 of RG's plan here. Cause Stage 1 was facilities, stage 2 was coach. I mean, stage 3 being the west side of Folsom would also make sense, but at some point the AD needs to address the student attendance issue. right?

Back