What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB 2019 Season Hype Thread

After a season of having no expectations (or very low), I'm looking forward to next season. I expect a tournament bubble team. I've been very cautious at best with Parquet and Kountz, but I'm excited about Gatling. While I expect at least to be in the first four in/out conversation, I have that hidden, optimistic expectation/hope/prediction of making a S16 run depending on matchups. It'll be fun, and love that Chaunc is showing some love.

SKOOOOO (I think that's what the kids say). I'm hyped for this season. P12 took some hits - of course AZ bounced right back after their hits, but still I think there's room for us up top.

Buffzone has an article about Gatling up. I'm excited about him. I'm thinking he starts - Kin, Gat, Namon, Bey, and either Dallas or Battey (wishful thinking on my part since health and lack of practice). Hope Schwartz has improved to provide some juice off bench, Deleon spots Kin minutes every now and then, Siewart rotate in. I think that's a good 8-man rotation. Guess that means Gat and Battey are critical to this team being just an NIT-bubble to NCAA-bubble. I fully expect NCAA-bubble.

Buffzone has an article about Gatling up. I'm excited about him. I'm thinking he starts - Kin, Gat, Namon, Bey, and either Dallas or Battey (wishful thinking on my part since health and lack of practice). Hope Schwartz has improved to provide some juice off bench, Deleon spots Kin minutes every now and then, Siewart rotate in. I think that's a good 8-man rotation. Guess that means Gat and Battey are critical to this team being just an NIT-bubble to NCAA-bubble. I fully expect NCAA-bubble.
Here's that article on Gatling:

My son is at the CU youth camp this week. The new guys are there. He really likes Shane and was impressed (as only a 9 year old can be) with hearing that he had set a school record for 3 pointers last year. :D

I think you're on to something with the rotation. It's going to be matchup dependent with how big we need to go on a particular night. I think it's also going to be driven by whether Bey and Kin have improved their range enough that being able to shoot and stretch the court isn't at such a premium at the other positions (which would force more minutes for Schwartz, Siewert and Gatling than they would get if Bey & Kin are knocking down treys).

If Siewert is your third or fourth big and Schwartz is your scorer off the bench, that's a good roster. I really wish Parquet and/or Kountz could step up in and be a third ball-handler and provide some explosion off the bench

I saw a little of complaining about he start of the conference schedule today. I actually like it. Get Arizona on break and if the team comes out of the gates with some intensity they could be on a good run to end the conference slate.

I saw a little of complaining about he start of the conference schedule today. I actually like it. Get Arizona on break and if the team comes out of the gates with some intensity they could be on a good run to end the conference slate.
The problem with it is if this still young team needs time to gel, it could be a disastrous start to conference play. They need to be on top of their game early, which may be tough for these guys. I'd rather have the home advantage early in the conference schedule and take our chances in February

The problem with it is if this still young team needs time to gel, it could be a disastrous start to conference play. They need to be on top of their game early, which may be tough for these guys. I'd rather have the home advantage early in the conference schedule and take our chances in February

IMO, if they haven’t gelled by conference play, they aren’t gonna gel. Doesn’t mean the early road conference slate will be easy.

Just got my seat upgrade email. The two seats next to mine that I've been trying to get for years are available. If any of you bastards take them, I will cut you.
When is your upgrade time, again?

I'm not sold on the idea that this team has a lot of gelling to do.

About 2/3rds of the minutes played last season are coming back, and a lot of King and Dom's minutes are going to be filled by guys that spent a lot of time on the court together last year.

Back