What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB: Buffs travel to Oklahoma

Bad loss again. CU needed 1 WIN on the road vs two mediocre teams and the buffs return home with nothing. Kansas will make 3 straight losses and it's onto the spring game.....

He's got amazing talent, but games like today show why he's not even close to being ready to jump to the NBA...

I agree he got enough talent. But really bad decision hurts him. I think one more year would significantly improve his draft.

OU isn't a good basketball team, but they did one thing we didn't do today. they played hard. not sure exactly where we were vis a vis "bringing it".

Well it's safe to say that the league has figured out how to beat the Buffs. Don't allow them the driving lanes, force them to shoot from the outside, and from there you only need about 70 points on the other end. Looks like the honeymoon is over for coach Boyle. Given the piss-poor PG play and the utter lack of an inside game (aside from Roberson), I hope he can come up with something.

Also, you would think that Cory Higgins wouldn't be surprised by the awful Big 12 refs, but he let it get to him today. That doesn't say much about our team toughness.

Also, you would think that Cory Higgins wouldn't be surprised by the awful Big 12 refs, but he let it get to him today. That doesn't say much about our team toughness.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!!

OU isn't a good basketball team, but they did one thing we didn't do today. they played hard. not sure exactly where we were vis a vis "bringing it".

Yeah this was a really disappointing effort. I know they always say they "don't listen to the naysayers" and all that, but maybe if they had known a loss would effectively crush any realistic hopes for March there would have been more urgency. Winning on the road is tough in college basketball, but this was a pathetic OU team that will not do any better than 4-12 in the conference.

I believe inside power is really something hurts us. Without the improvement, I don't see us as a consistently good team.

Plus, I firmly believe we will lost most of the remain game. The whole world know how to beat them now. Get inside for O, less foul for D.

I guess NIT will make me happy this year and hopefully Boyle will find someone big next year. You can't play consistently without big buy in BB, sad truth.

I didn't have the game on TV, so I can't comment on the team's effort or the officiating...still a loss is a loss and this one does hurt...

BUT...the season's not over. There is a lot of basketball left to play, and the team has shown it can beat some quality teams. OU does have a very talented team...they're just really young and really not gelling together...yes, they're a bad team we should have beaten, but let's not pretend that OU belongs in the Mountain West or anything. OU does have a lot of talent.

We play in a top conference and will continue to face quality teams. Sure, my thoughts/hopes of NCAA bubble took a big hit today, but there's a lot of games left. I hate to sound like Hawk, but we shouldn't get too high or get too low on this team (at least at this point).

Without an inside presence, this team is going to succeed or fail based on how well it is shooting.

Alec's getting his points, but he's in a shooting slump.

Cory runs hot and cold and really hasn't found his range yet this season.

Worse, we've gone from a team that consistently had 4 or 5 guys in double figures to a team that can't find a 3rd scorer. Teams are doubling Cory and Alec, making them less efficient on offense. They're getting away with it because we're not getting much from anyone else.

Levi and Relphorde have disappeared on offense. We need that 3rd scorer.

Levi and Relphorde have disappeared on offense. We need that 3rd scorer.

add Dufault to that list. as these guys go, so goes CU. look at the MU box score, KSU or OSU. these guys are giving us around 30-35 or more a game combined. today: 23. puts a lot of pressure on Burks and Higgins.

I just think he thinks he has to be the man and is trying way too hard.

His shooting range is not long enough, and accuracy is not that consistent. Needs to be much stronger. And the most critical thing is, bad shooting choice most of the time.

He's got talent, true. But he doesn't know how to utilize that yet

Burks needs more than his quicks to beat people off the dribble. his handle is not the best....ball handling is sloppy at times and gets him in trouble.

A Husker checking in here.

I thought the Buffs would win this game. This loss was a bad one. The Buffs better recover or they will be at the face of the cliff with a decision to make.

The streach ahead is going to be tough.

Good Luck to them.

Pretenders....still can't win on the road outside of a fluke once in a blue moon...nit at best is most likely scenario

Back from the game and was amazed that everyone there expected the Sooners to lose, to fall apart to a far superior team. Instead, it was the other way around, and when Colorado let them hang around, well, everything fell apart. Other fans around were wondering about that "pretender" question, too. It's easy to lose away games but, just a few days ago, all reporters and press were calling OU "lowly" and "the pillow fight of the conference was Tech vs OU". Something happened because "lowly" ended up winning when they probably shouldn't have. One team quit more than the other team won, I thought.

A Husker checking in here.

I thought the Buffs would win this game. This loss was a bad one. The Buffs better recover or they will be at the face of the cliff with a decision to make.

The streach ahead is going to be tough.

Good Luck to them.

Get lost....

Well that three win streak was fun while it lasted, back to normal now. In reality we didn't even play well against Okie Light.

It's so disheartening to know that CU cannot win on the road. Winning home games is nice and dandy, but nothing can be accomplished without some road wins.

And as I pointed out, we beat a Mizzou team that was a PERFECT matchup for our style and a KSU team that was not full strength. This team has a glaring and serious weakness. We are not going to beat teams that have an inside presence.

That was a tough loss today. Oklahoma is a team that the Buffs should have beaten. Big difference between a 4-1 conference record and a 2-1 road record and the 3-2 record they have now. Time to regroup and come out with a huge effort against Kansas Tuesday. They are beatable, as Texas proved today. I'd love to see some mental resiliance from the Buffs.

I thought the refs were crap but not just for CU, Burks whole damn foot was inside the 3 line and they still gave him 3 free throws. Just give CU's guys a big mirror. Thats all they need to know why they lost this game. Completely on them and it was nothing short of embarrassing. You cant half ass show up to play a conference road game, they should have handled this team by 10 or more and they cant even beat them. Looked like they werent ready to play to me, what do you guys think?

Back