What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB: Buffs travel to Oklahoma

We saw great toughness on the road against KSU. It's not something you can count on every game, and as someone pointed out above, the Buffs really haven't played very well in the last 3 games. But I do think we'll see games where they're just as intense as they were in Manhattan. I'm just not sure when or where after these two really poor games.

FWIW, I think Relphorde will contribute more on both ends this Tuesday versus KU. I predict he and Dufault will be factors in that game, unlike the last two.

Looked like they werent ready to play to me, what do you guys think?

while watching, i didn't like that they threw the ball over the top of us getting back on D 2-3 times in the first few minutes....they missed on lob/dunk attempts but must have seen something on tape (we weren't getting back) or we were just lazy. wasn't like they wanted an uptempo game. ugly is what they needed to win.

Roberson was a bright spot, at least. when we go up 19-15 (?), we should have taken control. they are turning it over, and we are getting layups running the O.

Last edited:
I thought they got too jumper happy myself, they were running shooters off their spot and contending looks. Think they would have been much more productive driving the ball and dishing when needed. As Bisonic said, the attitude and intensity wasnt there. However, the good programs bring it every night not just against Kansas. Anybody can lose, gotta learn to win and we obviously have some work to do with our road game mindset. We arent good enough to just show up. Think we will be ok, Boyle was shaking his head more than I was, he was not impressed with the effort. The issues are obvious, think Boyle sees that.

I thought they got too jumper happy myself, they were running shooters off their spot and contending looks. Think they would have been much more productive driving the ball and dishing when needed. As Bisonic said, the attitude and intensity wasnt there. However, the good programs bring it every night not just against Kansas. Anybody can lose, gotta learn to win and we obviously have some work to do with our road game mindset. We arent good enough to just show up. Think we will be ok, Boyle was shaking his head more than I was, he was not impressed with the effort. The issues are obvious, think Boyle sees that.

The issues are obvious, sure. I'm just not sure that they are correctable.

Taking bad shots and turning the ball over are correctable. Not getting back and giving up trash buckets is correctable. Inside we have some issues, no doubt. Roberson is a freshman and is doing his part, gotta have someone else step up down low. When this team doesnt hit shots, they are very mediocre. Hig shoots the ball flat anyway, he's the least bit tired, he's cold all night. I could be wrong but Hig and Burks looked tired to me.

Taking bad shots and turning the ball over are correctable. Not getting back and giving up trash buckets is correctable. Inside we have some issues, no doubt. Roberson is a freshman and is doing his part, gotta have someone else step up down low. When this team doesnt hit shots, they are very mediocre. Hig shoots the ball flat anyway, he's the least bit tired, he's cold all night. I could be wrong but Hig and Burks looked tired to me.

Burks is as quick as anyone I've seen, but I don't think he has the handles he needs to excel at the next level. He knows it, and that's why he has trouble getting into the lane if there is any congestion. He can beat most guys with a quick first step, but if he doesn't get that, or has another defender waiting in the wings, he's got some trouble.

I'm contemplating suicide. Nah. Not worth it. Plus, it would piss my wife off.

We saw great toughness on the road against KSU. It's not something you can count on every game, and as someone pointed out above, the Buffs really haven't played very well in the last 3 games. But I do think we'll see games where they're just as intense as they were in Manhattan. I'm just not sure when or where after these two really poor games.

FWIW, I think Relphorde will contribute more on both ends this Tuesday versus KU. I predict he and Dufault will be factors in that game, unlike the last two.

:nod: Just inconsistent. As Burks and Higgins goes, so do the Buffs. The rest of the team can't just disappear. Also, they need to be patient on the offensive end. Too much one on one with Burks and Higgins, too much standing around, and not enough passing and moving without the ball waiting for a good shot to come. When they're patient open shots happen, and nothing wrong with working the shot clock down. With the type of defense they play they'll have plenty fast break opportunities. Not the end of the world, but sat hurts.

Back