What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU vs. Hawaii | Dec. 23nd @5pm | ESPNU

I thought you said the talent level was getting better?

Eventually, I think you will see that Boyle needs to go. He and his team are just going thru the motions. I seriously think the players have completely tuned-out Boyle.

I thought you said the talent level was getting better?

Eventually, I think you will see that Boyle needs to go. He and his team are just going thru the motions. I seriously think the players have completely tuned-out Boyle.

It's ok, were just young. When we lose to MVC and WAC teams next year our players will just need one more year to mature, then they can lose to them as seniors.

I feel like plans for the offense changed drastically when Dallas Walton went down. And yes, it is on Tad that there was no backup big man for Dallas or much of a Plan B, but still....

I know chemistry/leadership is a cliche and fallback excuse when things go poorly, but it seems apt here. The team has talent -- a couple of these guys will play in the NBA (stop laughing). It reminds me of the team of a few years ago with all of those 6 ft 5" jump-out-of-the-gym athletes (Dustin Thomas, et al) who never gelled as a team. My hope is that a leadership/performance core develops from this outfit (Kin, Bey, Battey, Siewert) with some grit that propels them to okay things this year and great things next year. AlI I ever get in my stocking is coal, though (insert frowny face here).

It's ok, were just young. When we lose to MVC and WAC teams next year our players will just need one more year to mature, then they can lose to them as seniors.

Or it will be injuries, or it will be somebody leaving, or who knows.

At this point every season is an excuse making session. Bottom line is that Tad did a great job of waking up Colorado Basketball but since then we are slowly declining towards the bottom of our conference.

You can give me the what if's for why we could be better but if Dayton had not released Kin from his LOI or if Indiana had offered him and he had followed his coach where would we be.

Are we recruiting at close to a championship level? The performance on the court would say no and after Tad started out with a group of highly rated California players it seems like each recruiting class is more of an example of settling for what is left over. Of the guys playing for us how many did we beat major programs for?

The talent isn't special and Tad isn't outcoaching anyone recently. We still have stretches where we look like we forgot that we were supposed to score and this team continually plays down.

I like Tad and I appreciate what he has done but there are some things that Tad needs to fix or we will continue to slide backwards.

What happened is our ooc sucks and so we can’t put any drive together. I’d rather play ten ranked teams and lose all ten this year to improve and kick ass next year.
Exactly, IMO the 8-1 mirage record vaporized against weak competition. I’m not sure I agree it’s better to go 0-10 against good teams, but throwing in 3 or 4 (if they’ll agree to get on our schedule) would help the team in the long run, I think. And give us a chance for a meaningful upset win that would excite the fan base.

Back