What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB - Preseason Practices & Hype Thread

Hate for Nebraska is unconditional. It transcends sport.

I really do wish they'd stand more firmly on the "no red in Folsom" rule and expand it to the whole campus. Just remove the color from your wardrobe.

I used to never wear red. After changing conferences, I have introduced maybe two red items into the wardrobe. Still keep it limited.

I love seeing that there seems to be a bigger commitment to strength training. It can make such a huge difference, particularly if the Buffs are usually going to be relying on player development more than the rest of the Pac-12.

Yeah. I didn't move here until 1998. But I have literally never heard a CU basketball fan care much about Nebraska hoops. Kansas, fills more of that historical slot and Arizona has moved into it. Also, bad blood with ASU and Oregon these days and the natural rivalry with Utah is building. The hoops hatred for Nebraska is more of a general thing... being glad to see them lose in whatever they do and whatever sport they play. But I don't think MBB fans would circle a home & home being scheduled with the Nubs any more than if one was scheduled with KSU or Mizzou. Probably would be more interesting to football fans who also go to some basketball games, but not among the basketball-first crowd.

@Goose , @Scotch -- what say you?

I have hated all things red since my first game in 1968.

I'll be interested to see how they are used for basketball games. So far I haven't been all that impressed with they way they are using them for volleyball

How are they using them for volleyball?

It makes me angry that a player I like (MiKyle McIntosh) is doing a grad transfer season at oregon. I'll just have to disregard him.

Loved the piece Neil recently put out on McKinley Wright and season expectations...had me re-thinking what the rotation will look like.

Feels like McKinley, George, Namon, Tory, and Lucas are front-runners right now to start out of the gates; with Bey, Dom, Deleon, and Battey to push for the most time.

Dallas and the euros are unknowns still, with D'Shawn's time coming down to his defense. This team does appear deeper than expected, Tad has a history of playing favorites, but I can see someone like Dom or Lucas getting buried if they don't step up. The freshman have serious motors and I can wait to watch them.

Every year we go into it thinking we have awesome depth. By the time the conference games start, Tad usually has the rotation down to 8 players.

Every year we go into it thinking we have awesome depth. By the time the conference games start, Tad usually has the rotation down to 8 players.

I disagree with this from a qualitative standpoint, my biggest qualm with Tad is giving too many players time when it's not-beneficial to the team. Odd lineup combos get created that don't have the right mix/chemistry and important players don't get those extra minutes to develop. If you want to look at stats, last year we had 11 players who averaged more than 10 minutes per game (of those 11, Bryce Peters played in the fewest games [25])

When I was at Arizona, and even now, I loved how dedicated to a 8 man rotation they were. Last year they had 7 players averaging over 20 minutes, with their 8th man at 18, and 9th at 12.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing. Just what it is. I seem to recall almost every year heading into the season and thinking we had 10 guys who could be depended upon for solid minutes. Once the year is done, we rarely have more than 8 significant contributors.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing. Just what it is. I seem to recall almost every year heading into the season and thinking we had 10 guys who could be depended upon for solid minutes. Once the year is done, we rarely have more than 8 significant contributors.

Which doesn't mean that we didn't have 10 guys who could be depended upon for solid minutes. It just means that Tad ran with only 8 - which is what we should be doing.

With the NBA season tipping off next week, I'm starting to look at Tad's team...any excitement for this season or more muted due to last season and being picked to finish 9th in the PAC this season?

Some of the excitement lies in the unknown. This freshman class has been hyped so I'm excited to see if they live up to it. Particularly McKinley Wright, who everyone has been raving about all summer. I want to the see this team reach its ceiling, which means knocking off some ranked teams. But I expect them to be inconsistent, so not a whole lot different than last year's team when it comes to results.

With the NBA season tipping off next week, I'm starting to look at Tad's team...any excitement for this season or more muted due to last season and being picked to finish 9th in the PAC this season?

I think we’re going to see a similar record to last year but the fan base will be a lot happier.

I think we’re going to see a similar record to last year but the fan base will be a lot happier.

King is the only senior you could say is more talented than any of the newcomers, and that may even be disputed as the season goes on. In other words a complete 180 from last year. We should see a team with a lot more eagerness, but oh how terribly young they are.

King is the only senior you could say is more talented than any of the newcomers, and that may even be disputed as the season goes on. In other words a complete 180 from last year. We should see a team with a lot more eagerness, but oh how terribly young they are.
What's the dope on Namon Wright? He, King, Collier and Miller are the veteran core. Am I wrong in thinking those 4 will play around half of the total team minutes?

Back