What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB vs Wazzu - Which Team Will Coug It?

Also, 4 of their stars have 4 fouls. They only play 7.

Guess how many we took out during over time?

Shocked.

Shocked that we lost.

**** you tad, your **** ass time outs, your insistence on playing fortune and yaz and siewart. You deserve this team.

I'm done with this team ... when does Rox spring training start?

It just seems that Tad has no concept of offensive basketball. Maybe it's time for some influential people to light up RG's inbox and get him to sit Tad down and give him a "come to Jesus speech."

Until last possession the previous 2 didn't go through white. They play 7 out of necessity and buffs play whole roster.
Out thought themselves today.
Oh well

Easy there Zandi.
Why? Aren't we still "blessed" to have Tad?

If he's god's gift to CU BBall, he gets ALL the **** for this team. His recruits. His coaching. His game plan. ALL OF IT.

And it's all ****.

One of those years where the pieces look good but just don't seem to fit.

We've had years under Tad that were the exact opposite when the pieces weren't impressive but the fit was a damn good team.

This season, if it ended today, is his worst coaching job. Probably in his entire HC career including UNCo.

Why? Aren't we still "blessed" to have Tad?

If he's god's gift to CU BBall, he gets ALL the **** for this team. His recruits. His coaching. His game plan. ALL OF IT.

And it's all ****.
So you'd get rid of him?

So you'd get rid of him?
No.

Do you not blame him for the worst conference record since we were in the Big 8?

Everyone's argument about not blaming him boils down to: "Do you know what CU bball used to look like" - well, for the entirety of the Big 12 days, it looked a whole lot better than this.

Good thing this top 25 recruiting class has a star PG in it. oh, wait . . .

Just remember guys, defend and rebound.

Don't run a competent half court offense. don't have inbounds plays, don't recruit guards that can shoot or guards at all for that matter. You know what? Don't even defend or rebound either.

No.

Do you not blame him for the worst conference record since we were in the Big 8?

Everyone's argument about not blaming him boils down to: "Do you know what CU bball used to look like" - well, for the entirety of the Big 12 days, it looked a whole lot better than this.

There is a lot of blame to go around.

No.

Do you think the struggles this season are due to problems at the point? I'd say that's the least of our problems. White has been great.

One of those years where the pieces look good but just don't seem to fit.

We've had years under Tad that were the exact opposite when the pieces weren't impressive but the fit was a damn good team.

This season, if it ended today, is his worst coaching job. Probably in his entire HC career including UNCo.

No, no, no ... the pieces do not look "good". That's that whole "talent" argument that people keep making on here, that we have "talent' and we're just missing "chemistry" or "leadership". No. **** that noise. Ireogbu, Collison, Hawkinson have talent (defined as the ability to create, shoot and/or score). We have White and XJ. That's ****ing it. We are losing because little to no talent guys like Collier, Fortune, Gordon, Yaz, and Miller are playing for us.

Take White off this team, and we are OSU. And it ain't a given that we beat them Thursday.

Just remember guys, defend and rebound.

Don't run a competent half court offense. don't have inbounds plays, don't recruit guards that can shoot or guards at all for that matter. You know what? Don't even defend or rebound either.
Offense has never really been a concern. I'm not sure we practice it.

No, no, no ... the pieces do not look "good". That's that whole "talent" argument that people keep making on here, that we have "talent' and we're just missing "chemistry" or "leadership". No. **** that noise. Ireogbu, Collison, Hawkinson have talent (defined as the ability to create, shoot and/or score). We have White and XJ. That's ****ing it. We are losing because little to no talent guys like Collier, Fortune, Gordon, Yaz, and Miller are playing for us. (I leave the freshmen out of it, because who knows with them ... but so far, unimpressive.)

Take White off this team, and we are OSU. And it ain't a given that we beat them Thursday.

No, no, no ... the pieces do not look "good". That's that whole "talent" argument that people keep making on here, that we have "talent' and we're just missing "chemistry" or "leadership". No. **** that noise. Ireogbu, Collison, Hawkinson have talent (defined as the ability to create, shoot and/or score). We have White and XJ. That's ****ing it. We are losing because little to no talent guys like Collier, Fortune, Gordon, Yaz, and Miller are playing for us.

And you've got both King and Fortune who averaged double figures last season while being among the conference leaders from behind the arc, but can't shoot the rock this season. They are talented guys who have been in a funk.

Wes is a talented guy, too. I don't know if he's capable of doing what's asked of him with man defense in the post. His base sucks and he lets guys get position way too deep. But we've also seen him dialed in as a double-double guy who blocks a lot of shots. He's talented enough to win with.

The guys we've described are four 5th year seniors and a 4th year junior who should make a starting lineup that wins a lot of ****ing games with other players finding their roles off the bench. The fact this hasn't happened is a lack of chemistry. No leadership on the court demanding accountability and raising everyone's fight.

Do you think the struggles this season are due to problems at the point? I'd say that's the least of our problems. White has been great.

I think the problems are 3 fold:

1. PG - so yes, we need an honest to god PG, screw this combo guard crap. We don't need 8 guys on the team that are 6-7 and can play 2-4. We need 2 guys who play the 1. PERIOD.

2. Bigs - especially bigs who play offense. Tired of watching our bigs try layups that either roll off or get blocked. Why can't Tad find a 6-10 - 7-0 guy who can just dunk it when he gets it low? I thought Tory was that guy, but as with almost EVERY player on this team, he has regressed.

3. Offense. What do we run? I don't know, you don't know, and it's fairly obvious the team doesn't know. If Tad can't coach it, get an assistant who can.

White is awesome. That's why I feel bad for him being here. May cost him a shot at the big leagues. XJ, when he wants to be, is also awesome. - That's about it for awesome.

I think you have a very antiquated notion of the PG position.

Other than that, I agree with your other points about needs. Bigs are not as easy to find as you seem to think, though. On the offense, a motion offense that relies on guys creating shot opportunities for themselves or others is really great when it's working but you'd think that after years of watching it bog down and go cold for long stretches (as it does every year) that major adjustments would be made.

And you've got both King and Fortune who averaged double figures last season while being among the conference leaders from behind the arc, but can't shoot the rock this season. They are talented guys who have been in a funk.

Wes is a talented guy, too. I don't know if he's capable of doing what's asked of him with man defense in the post. His base sucks and he lets guys get position way too deep. But we've also seen him dialed in as a double-double guy who blocks a lot of shots. He's talented enough to win with.

The guys we've described are four 5th year seniors and a 4th year junior who should make a starting lineup that wins a lot of ****ing games with other players finding their roles off the bench. The fact this hasn't happened is a lack of chemistry. No leadership on the court demanding accountability and raising everyone's fight.

Sorry, man. I just respectfully disagree. Experience doesn't equal the ability to create, finish and hit jump shots, and move their feet on defense. I'd argue that King's season last year was a bit of a fluke. Fortune just flat sucks.

Another bad loss. This team could easily be 4-3 in pac 12 play.

Stupid TO'S, lazy perimeter defense.

Too many guys are mediocre on both ends. When your offensive and defensive ratings are almost equal, you just don't have enough of a mistake buffer to win games. We have also lost most of our close games, which is making our record look worse.

We are 1-5 in 2 possession games, which must absolutely brutal on team psyche.

I agree that we need to shorten the bench. Based on advanced stats alone XJ, White, Brown, King, and Gordon are your starting 5. With Miller and Fortune being the only other guys who should see the floor. Dom is obviously still hurt and should have been shut down for the season and everyone else has a 20 point spread between offensive and defensive rating.

I think you have a very antiquated notion of the PG position.

Other than that, I agree with your other points about needs. Bigs are not as easy to find as you seem to think, though. On the offense, a motion offense that relies on guys creating shot opportunities for themselves or others is really great when it's working but you'd think that after years of watching it bog down and go cold for long stretches (as it does every year) that major adjustments would be made.

What is a PG then?

In my, possibly antiquated opinion, the PG is the primary ball handler. Should set the plays, run the offense (if we had one) - primary job should be to get the ball to play makers, defend opposing PGs, be able to create off the dribble, in that order.

Dom's assist - t.o. ratio is 16-13. Woof.

Too many guys are mediocre on both ends. When your offensive and defensive ratings are almost equal, you just don't have enough of a mistake buffer to win games. We have also lost most of our close games, which is making our record look worse.

We are 1-5 in 2 possession games, which must absolutely brutal on team psyche.

I agree that we need to shorten the bench. Based on advanced stats alone XJ, White, Brown, King, and Gordon are your starting 5. With Miller and Fortune being the only other guys who should see the floor. Dom is obviously still hurt and should have been shut down for the season and everyone else has a 20 point spread between offensive and defensive rating.
How can you put fortune on the floor? He has a 1-1 assist to t.o. ratio and shoots 29% from 3.

Back