What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Message to students

These are all some interesting points but either way I think the students rush if we win. Keep in mind last year when we rushed Oklahoma it got us a two page spread in Sports Illustrated.

Until the big 12 passes the same rules as some of the other conferences and CU gets fined for students rushing the field I have no problem with it.

As long as they don't rush the field for a W over ISU or some other crappy team.

Rushing the field for the win over CSU was a joke. You should never, ever rush the field for a win over a team you are supposed to beat by 21 every time you play them.

I was in school for the 94,95,96,97 and 98 seasons and I don't remember the field being rushed one time (Maybe for aTm in 1995).

It was rushed after we beat ISU to cap off a 10-1 regular season in '94, when Salaam went over 2,000. But other than that I think you're right. You just don't see fans of teams that are supposed to win rushing the field all the time. It just seems like we rush the field after almost any home win now. It kind of makes us look like a wannabe program that upsets teams from time to time. I want to get back to where we clap from the stands and sing the fight song after we beat a quality opponent. Name one powerhouse team whose fans rush the field anymore?

I'd rather not see them rushing the field for the scrub teams, but I don't really have a problem with it either way. If the students have fun doing it, and no one is getting hurt then I'm fine with it. I could care less about what the rest of the country thinks of it.

Have to give the CU admin and CU/Boulder police props for how they handle it. Protect the goalposts, and sit on the sidelines making sure nothing stupid happens. PA announcer says to leave the field and it seems to be a pretty orderly exit out. I don't remember hearing of any incidents.

Have to give the CU admin and CU/Boulder police props for how they handle it. Protect the goalposts, and sit on the sidelines making sure nothing stupid happens. PA announcer says to leave the field and it seems to be a pretty orderly exit out. I don't remember hearing of any incidents.

I've never seen an incident at a FB game...but I remember when I was at CU in 2003 or 2004 for a Basketball game and we rushed the court after beating then #3 Texas. 2 dudes got in a fight (they were supposedly brothers) and 1 of them was left unconscious bleeding on the floor, ambulence came and all. After that game, they wouldn't let students get close to the BBall court.

Unless it's some miraculous comeback win, stay in the stands and save it for beating a highly ranked rival at home.

I don't remember hearing of any incidents.

Woulda been right around 1995 that we had a game against Texas A&M. CU wins with Hessler at QB, taking over for an injured Koy Detmer. A&M was ranked something like #3 in the country. Students rush the field, take down the goalposts, and then proceed to carry the pieces up to the back end of the stadium (South side) to throw them over the side. That was bad. I might have the year wrong, but I know it was a game against A&M.

Since then, they've been pretty judicious about getting the goal posts down once the clock hits zero.

Woulda been right around 1995 that we had a game against Texas A&M. CU wins with Hessler at QB, taking over for an injured Koy Detmer. A&M was ranked something like #3 in the country. Students rush the field, take down the goalposts, and then proceed to carry the pieces up to the back end of the stadium (South side) to throw them over the side. That was bad. I might have the year wrong, but I know it was a game against A&M.

Since then, they've been pretty judicious about getting the goal posts down once the clock hits zero.

Yea, the goalposts are on a hinge at the base and as soon as the game ends those dudes come and attach those "guide posts" to the goalposts and lower them to the ground. Some places have the goalposts on a hydraulic mount so they can be lowered automatically on demand. I noticed them while watching the end of the Clemson game last week.

Nope, that was against ISU in '94.

A&M was just roudy and they rushed the field after

I remember that. Or at least hearing about it cause I couldn't make that game. The students did get one or two of the uprights after the '01 fusker game. I know cause I helped. :thumbsup:

I remember that. Or at least hearing about it cause I couldn't make that game. The students did get one or two of the uprights after the '01 fusker game. I know cause I helped. :thumbsup:

They got the south posts down after '01 fusker game. The one sacky is referring to is still the '94 ISU game. I was there. The Texas A&M game the students were trying to tear down the nets that catch the XP and FG's.

Nope, that was against ISU in '94.

A&M was just roudy and they rushed the field after

You sir are correct. I remember clearly the PA announcer coming on after that game saying "Don't be stupid!" when the students tried to toss the goalposts off the top of the stadium. :lol:

Goal post was ISU. The students rushed the field because Rashaan Salaam went over 2,000 yards and sealed the Heisman.

If we don't rush after a 50 point blowout people will start thinking halfway decent fans. Which we aren't. We need grandmas to start rushing the field too.

Rushing the field for the win over CSU was a joke. You should never, ever rush the field for a win over a team you are supposed to beat by 21 every time you play them.

I disagree. Following all of the varied poop that went down during the 2003 offseason, I think rushing the field after the CSU game in '04 (especially considering the way it ended) was absolutely justified. It has nothing to do with beating CSU, the celebration had more to do with the program landing on its feet... or at least not falling directly onto its face.

Either way, I think that was cathartic for the players and the fans alike. Of the umpteen times students rushed while I was at CU, I'd consider that '04 CSU game and the '01 Nebraska game as the only two that were justified.

When we bat (like that MP:smile2:) WV, please please please don't rush the field! One way to get back to respectability is by acting like you have won a big game before.:thumbsup:

RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! :slayer:

:smile2:

kids are going to do what they want.

people telling them to act as if we have been there before is meaningless to those who were not alive or who were scrawling crayon in 90.

it probably has to be like blue hairs telling us to sit down.

kids are going to do what they want.

people telling them to act as if we have been there before is meaningless to those who were not alive or who were scrawling crayon in 90.

it probably has to be like blue hairs telling us to sit down.

And they haven't been there before. :smile2:

Their kids.

Be boring and respectable when you go to the Broncos. Ride the CRAZY TRAIN in the College Game... :slayer:

RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! RUSH THE FIELD!!! :slayer:

:smile2:

Whether you like the student rush or not, it always means the Buff just ****ing won!

:slayer:

Folsom looked like party central on ESPN. That can't be bad for recruiting. Nice job students. Blackout rocked!

Back