What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre: Does He Make It Through 2016?

How long will Mike MacIntyre last?

• 1 game: Loss to CSU and Rick George says **** it, time to make a statement!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • 2- games: Buffs lose to CSU and a D-IAA program? Gone

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 3-4 games: Michigan and Oregon are certain losses, but if they get embarrassed?!

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • 5-6 games: Buffs sitting at 2-3 or 2-4 may spark this.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 7-8 games: I have Buffs at 3-5 after 8. Does needing to go 3-1 in last 4 make George.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 9-10 games: Buffs are not bowl eligible in this timeframe and makes it easy

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • 11-12 games: Two winnable home games and if Buffs are 4-6 going into them, he HAS to win both.

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • 2017 Extension: Buffs make a bowl and continue to show improvement.

Votes: 86 48.9%

• Total voters
Man, you sure love to throw words and phrases around like "truth", "public knowledge", and "fact" when talking about things you definitely don't know to be any of those.

FACT @badbone63 Knows what its like to flush a hack journalism career down his cubital vein, tear ducts and between his toes.
FACT @badbone63 is ****ty at soccer per @sliderNcider
FACT Sefo has a bad practice
FACT They happen to everyone
FACT One performance at one practice doesn't mean they will or won't make a bowl game

Rampant negativity is really not all that amusing. It is actually getting really old.
When we win more than a toilet bowl I will get positive. Fake happiness and sunshine pumping is like the old crazy lady professor telling you how handsome you look, it is weird and creepy.

FACT @badbone63 Knows what its like to flush a hack journalism career down his cubital vein, tear ducts and between his toes.
FACT One performance at one practice doesn't mean they will or won't make a bowl game
I don't know wtf you are talking about. I have never been in any type of journalism. Although I find it funny that I am accused of being someone else.
So from the ridiculous name calling, attacks and insults I have received for stating my opinion and some information I have been told numerous times by inside sources I guess I must be the only guy on here that thinks HCMM does not have the skill set to bring us back to glory.
This poll thread was like bait for you guys. You ask for an opinion then pounce on anyone that has one.
This forum is more like one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

When we win more than a toilet bowl I will get positive. Fake happiness and sunshine pumping is like the old crazy lady professor telling you how handsome you look, it is weird and creepy.

And clever too. Imagine that.

I don't know wtf you are talking about. I have never been in any type of journalism. Although I find it funny that I am accused of being someone else.
So from the ridiculous name calling, attacks and insults I have received for stating my opinion and some information I have been told numerous times by inside sources I guess I must be the only guy on here that thinks HCMM does not have the skill set to bring us back to glory.
This poll thread was like bait for you guys. You ask for an opinion then pounce on anyone that has one.

Lot of people here who don't think MacIntyre is the guy.
I think most are unsure and hopeful.
Few people here who are confident that MacIntyre is the guy.

Personal opinion: I think he's "the guy before the guy" who builds a solid foundation and gets an infrastructure in place while bringing you back to mediocrity in the W/L column. I'm skeptical about him being "the guy" who has CU challenging for conference titles and NCAA playoffs. Still holding out hope that he surprises me.

I supported him retaining his job for this season. If he doesn't get us to a bowl game in 2016, I'll support any decision RG decides to make (because I do believe that RG is the guy at AD who can get CU back to challenging for conference titles and NCAA playoffs).

So you're telling me that if the Buffs make it to a bowl game, you will only be happy if it's not a, "toilet bowl?"

I'd rather play in a **** bowl than no bowl...stupid comment.

You're stating your opinion as fact. That's the problem, chief, and now you claim "inside sources" for your information... Nobody around here knows you, and you don't have the credibility to be claiming off-the-wall remarks as fact due to inside information.

I'm just here to find out about the walk on punter. Heard that dude's Mom makes killer garlic lime chicken.

And you need to come see the sims. S*** is crazy around here. 100 million dollar remodel.

Based on badbones comments from last year, he is friends with Shane Callahan or his family. The fact that he is, may give him some insight as to what some players are thinking. He definitely felt Bernardi was playing favorites last year as did many other people.

Now, the fact that Callahan is not one of MMacs recruits may be the cause of this attitude as the young guys have seem to have bought in.

I am not convinced that MMac is the guy to do this but he's definitely a better coach than what we've had here since Barnett. Granted that's not saying much.

Withe the talent that is coming in 2017, it would be stupid to get rid of M2 this season.
The team is headed in the right direction. Patience.

Based on badbones comments from last year, he is friends with Shane Callahan or his family. The fact that he is, may give him some insight as to what some players are thinking. He definitely felt Bernardi was playing favorites last year as did many other people.

Now, the fact that Callahan is not one of MMacs recruits may be the cause of this attitude as the young guys have seem to have bought in.

I am not convinced that MMac is the guy to do this but he's definitely a better coach than what we've had here since Barnett. Granted that's not saying much.
I don't mind the info and opinion, but he's bringing a level of ****iness that's off putting.

I don't know Shane or the Family personally. My only connection to him is that I have a son that played against him in club basketball and I know several of his high school coaches. They have told me that Shane and his family love CU.

My oldest son is friends with several ex players and a staff member. I will leave it at that.

Shane was well known in the Denver area during his youth and HS football and basketball. He played on several elite basketball teams (same team as Josh Scott) that my son's team hated to play. I was pissed off when Embree couldn't bring him here. Now I am more pissed off that we have the fricking talent and can't win a game to save our lives.
Coaching decisions win and lose games,play calling, personnel decisions is all part of the puzzle. Macintrye was not well loved by the ex players I know, just tolerated. He is out of touch with the reality of our players lives. From what I have heard recently is that the players love their position coaches and are starting to gel better in spite of the odd leadership situation. I think many of the coaches have learned to coach around HCMM oddities.
I don't sugar coat or sunshine pump so I may offend some of you guys.

Last edited:
I don't mind the info and opinion, but he's bringing a level of ****iness that's off putting.
He'd have more cred if he were to cite sources. Not by name, per se, but in general. Like, "a player on the team" or "a friend in the AD." But to just come out and state that you know what is going on behind the scenes without citing how you know it is BS. Maybe his source is pissed off and has some sort of vendetta or something. Who the hell knows?

Edit: OK, as I posted that at least badbone63 gave a little more insight as to where he's coming from.

He'd have more cred if he were to cite sources. Not by name, per se, but in general. Like, "a player on the team" or "a friend in the AD." But to just come out and state that you know what is going on behind the scenes without citing how you know it is BS. Maybe his source is pissed off and has some sort of vendetta or something. Who the hell knows?

Edit: OK, as I posted that at least badbone63 gave a little more insight as to where he's coming from.
"Several ex players". Players recruited by Embree. Players that potentially got passed up by some younger, MM guys. Players that were part of arguably the worst CU football teams, and coached by arguably the worst coaching staff, in CU history. Sure, I could see some of those ex players not liking Mike MacIntyre.

I'd rather hear from @FightCu1414 or others that know current CU players to get a perspective on what they generally think of this staff.

"Several ex players". Players recruited by Embree. Players that potentially got passed up by some younger, MM guys. Players that were part of arguably the worst CU football teams, and coached by arguably the worst coaching staff, in CU history. Sure, I could see some of those ex players not liking Mike MacIntyre.

I'd rather hear from @FightCu1414 or others that know current CU players to get a perspective on what they generally think of this staff.
Exactly. I 100% agree with you.

. Macintrye was not well loved by the ex players I know, just tolerated. He is out of touch with the reality of our players lives. From what I have heard recently is that the players love their position coaches and are starting to gel better in spite of the odd leadership situation. I think many of the coaches have learned to coach around HCMM oddities.
This is consistent with what I've been told by coaches on competing programs. I've always discounted it because the guy in second always thinks he should be first, and the rumblings of a second teamer and the politics of any organization require perspective. But, I've never gotten over the player quotes about him crying in the locker room after the CSU victory. That is a style of leadership that is so tangential to everything I've experienced that it created a doubt.

If he wins six, I'm on he wagon.

Back