What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially fired effective immediately

I could've told you everything that they've said, but they also missed the part of honoring a player's scholarship for six years just to have him suspended for the first three games. Just saying...
giphy.gif

Coaches look for inspiration from every type of media, from the Bible to movies for kids. Just keep swimming is a pretty inspirational quote to me.

Just like with the opposite end of the spectrum, it only matters if you’re not winning. MM was full of those cheesy quotes during the 2016 run and it was awesome and made the year fun. CU Video captured it all. Now, in the midst of a 5 game (at the time) losing streak, a quote about the Buffalo walking into the storm seems stupid and we all hate it. But if we were 7-3 with wins over Oregon State and Arizona like we should have been, it would have been pretty cool imo.

I’m so glad MM is gone but making fun of how cheesy he was is silly to me.

Coaches look for inspiration from every type of media, from the Bible to movies for kids. Just keep swimming is a pretty inspirational quote to me.

Just like with the opposite end of the spectrum, it only matters if you’re not winning. MM was full of those cheesy quotes during the 2016 run and it was awesome and made the year fun. CU Video captured it all. Now, in the midst of a 5 game (at the time) losing streak, a quote about the Buffalo walking into the storm seems stupid and we all hate it. But if we were 7-3 with wins over Oregon State and Arizona like we should have been, it would have been pretty cool imo.

I’m so glad MM is gone but making fun of how cheesy he was is silly to me.
He can talk about how he wants to show the world his dream in any future job interviews.

Mac was so much better than Hawk. I’d take his goofy ness over Hawks false Bravado every day. Say what you will about Mac, he never had to defend his kid playing leap frog on the side lines.
I do have one suggestion for RG. Don’t consider bringing in a coach who will bring in their kid. See Mrs Irwins comments and tell me Jay had no impact in the locker room. After 6th grade, there is no more room for those sorts of locker room issues. It’s hard enough keeping 85 young men focused. Just don’t go there.

I could've told you everything that they've said, but they also missed the part of honoring a player's scholarship for six years just to have him suspended for the first three games. Just saying...
Careful. Big bad miss henry gonna come on and own you. Her ears are steaming right now

ski...yessir....the kids mentioned orgeron's outfit after the game. nutty as it was, during the pregame, a full quarter of the CU team came out in some variety of cut off tee shirt, etc to get a reaction from the usc players..coach ed negated that...again, MM is a great man, but some of the subtle things that went on were maddening...@ oregon state...danny munyer blocks downfield as the OSU defense was teeing off on the CU qb...munyer legally blocked a guy at the whistle...questionable unsportsmanlike call from the zebra...danny just protecting his mate...MM throws a tantrum and takes danny out of the game - and sat him for the rest of the game. c'mon...these guys had played the previous season under what was basically an nfl staff. with EB, Embro, Marshall, etc. where every conversation was mf this and mf that...basic salty football lingo....then at ASU...the team was depleted due to injuries...sucking wind on the heels of final exams and a full week of the S and C guy's crossfit horses_+t...same thing happens...ASU guy takes a real cheap shot at frosh qb sefo...jack harris runs to the rescue....MM slams the headphones down and yells to take harris out of the game...again, the rest of the game....my dude, it's football....lineman are taught to protect their guys at all costs....and they are taught that in middle school...file that bs under the " changing the culture" icon...that has been a problem with CU teams for the last 5 years. Do you want to play big boy ball or hope to go .500 but be gentlemen on the field?

I remember my last game at Folsom. 1996, K-State. It was zero degrees with ice drove into the old astro-turf. Made pass blocking really easy! I had a cut-off jersey with all 305 pounds of gut exposed to the elements. My belly was red for a week after! I believe Doc Kreis wore a cut off wind breaker. Not sure what Tricky Ricky wore but nobody cared about him after Naole put him in his place anyway.

I remember my last game at Folsom. 1996, K-State. It was zero degrees with ice drove into the old astro-turf. Made pass blocking really easy! I had a cut-off jersey with all 305 pounds of gut exposed to the elements. My belly was red for a week after! I believe Doc Kreis wore a cut off wind breaker. Not sure what Tricky Ricky wore but nobody cared about him after Naole put him in his place anyway.
Mods, can we rename this thread Gory Days?

I was there too. Your belly was disgusting, btw.

I was there, however I was wearing a ski jacket and multiple layers of Jim Beam.

my point being. Chev is just to new to the OC demands and seemed unable to adjust. Our offense looked the same since the 1st game vs csu. We just got exposed and good DCs developed a plan to stop the fly / wheel routes. Then stopped the jet sweeps. We were toast at that point.

I’ve posted extensively on this topic. Our OL is a disaster. We likely have a bottom 5 OL among Power 5 teams. Our OL can’t run block against light boxes and pass protect against 2-4 man rushes. Most offenses implode in this scenario regardless of the play you call. The response was to rotate guys and run quick plays to get playmakers into space. It turns out all of the combinations of OL are dreadful and keystone copped those plays up too.

Mac was so much better than Hawk. I’d take his goofy ness over Hawks false Bravado every day. Say what you will about Mac, he never had to defend his kid playing leap frog on the side lines.
I do have one suggestion for RG. Don’t consider bringing in a coach who will bring in their kid. See Mrs Irwins comments and tell me Jay had no impact in the locker room. After 6th grade, there is no more room for those sorts of locker room issues. It’s hard enough keeping 85 young men focused. Just don’t go there.

I said this last week, and I'm going to say it again-I appreciate what MM was able to do here, but it was time to move on. He's the one coach we've had since the Godfather who left this thing better than it was when he got here. He got us from god-awful to respectable.........this search is about finding somebody who can get us from respectable to great.

I said this last week, and I'm going to say it again-I appreciate what MM was able to do here, but it was time to move on. He's the one coach we've had since the Godfather who left this thing better than it was when he got here. He got us from god-awful to respectable.........this search is about finding somebody who can get us from respectable to great.
Two words: Les Miles.

Lol it's all good to hear these stories and I don't really care, but I find it funny (typical?) that parents of players who weren't recruited by MM are the ones coming out against him and complaining about these "little things". Call it what you want with Mac, and I agree some of his antics were cheesy and his tantrums on the sidelines got old, but the coaches that recruited your sons were ****ing terrible and so were the teams they played on. A serious culture shift was needed.

You and those players can laugh all they want at the Finding Nemo stuff, pulling players out of games for "protecting their QB", or not allowing players (who were part of a 1-11 team the year prior) to try and get a reaction out of US****ingC in some kind of intimidation(?) ploy, but take a step back and realize that those types of things needed to be put down hard in this program in order to move forward.

just stating in general. Teams deal with injuries and suspensions all the time all over the country both NFL and college. florida st. comes to mind this season, they were pretty bad on the OL.

FSU also has a terrible OL. Ours is worse but either way both teams are getting rag dolled up front. That we even won 5 games is looking to be the miracle.

Haha no....I was just making a tongue-in-cheek comment about how we've mostly been saying the same stuff for 26 pages. Why what'd he say?

But in reality I don't mind.

Lol okay I wasn't sure if you were joking. I appreciate the insights of people like @Ann Henry, but I'm over the MM bashing. He's gone, and some of the clowns he brought with him (Adams and Bernardi in particular) more than likely will be too after Saturday. Let's start talking about the guys who can get us to great.

Last edited:
I’ve posted extensively on this topic. Our OL is a disaster. We likely have a bottom 5 OL among Power 5 teams. Our OL can’t run block against light boxes and pass protect against 2-4 man rushes. Most offenses implode in this scenario regardless of the play you call. The response was to rotate guys and run quick plays to get playmakers into space. It turns out all of the combinations of OL are dreadful and keystone copped those plays up too.

Problem isn't talent or scheme or coaching with the OL. A couple of things. The 3 Freshman/RS Freshman starting and several others seeing extensive time would likely have only seen mop-up duty in the past. The issues are partly misfortune but more depth related to recruiting and injury attrition over the last three upper-classmen OL groups. Think Isaac Miller etc.... Also, and I'm serious about this, they need a better nutrition and conditioning program to put meat on the boys when they come in. Projecting OL is a notoriously iffy prospect due to the fact it is a grown man's position and most (if not all) 16-17 year olds are boys no matter what they weigh. Look at the great OLine programs right now (Notre Dame, Wisconsin, OU this year). All of them are dominated by players in their last three years of eligibility. Ideally, you want a core group that starts together as Juniors and Seniors and you fill in with other "men" as you go. That takes a while. My take? The group they have now, with the right nutrition and conditions program will be pretty good next year and will be absolutely dominant, barring injury, in year two of whoever our new coach is. I am biased because I really like Adams and think he has a great and long future in OL coaching but he really has had these challenges dumped in his lap and has done about as good as he could with the depth and injury issues the group has faced. Guys like Will Sherman are potential superstars but not anywhere near technique-sound or even physically mature enough to run at LT. As an example, he is used to being the biggest most athletic lineman on the field (and blocking for Kyler Murray in HS). He never needed to be technique conscious when he was pass blocking 205 pound DE's who run 4.8 40's. It's a little different when you are blocking 260# grown men who run faster and are better athletes.

Ann Henry speaks the truth. One of MM's first pre game talks centered on the movie, "Finding Nemo" he lost 1/2 of the team then and there. His initial S and C guy was a dud also....many of the team OL and DL guys were going to either loren landow or matt mcchesney on their own dime. MM was a very nice guy..but some of the stuff behind the scenes would make lee corso blush
Wait. Is this true? Sourced?

Back