What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially fired effective immediately

Let's kick the man when he is down on how terrible a motivator he is and how J Mac was mean. This is the way Division 1 football players parent's act? High school parents are more mature than this. It's a public forum. There are so many stories that I have of a player being a douche bag, partying too hard, bitching about coaches, but I don't post it on a message board because that's not the right place to do that.
He was the highest paid public employee in the state for 6 years, and his son got a free college degree. I have ZERO sympathy for MM.

Hey Wyo.. my take is if iffy? Go with size. Size is like speed, it's not coached. 1 big ass dude is better then a small guy trying to 'add" weight?? serious question.

here is what we learned on allbuffs this week.

Rick George hired Chev
Chev became the best recruiter on the team, which is something that RG covets
Chev and RG conspire to take MM down because MM hates recruiting causing RG to despise him
RG forces Lind out and promotes Chev to OC.
Chev and RG decide to make the offense look unstoppable right up to the cusp of bowl elgibility
Chev and RG execute order 6236 in which the clone troops (offense) execute their leader (MM).
the team drops 6 straight and MM is OUT

so the obvious
the team wins at Cal and the offense drop 70, just for fun
RG gets to pick the new head coach.
CU wins the next 10 NCAA championships
Plausable

It was a heartwarming story, but just not believable. I've seen a lot of ****ing fish in my day, and only ONE of them could talk. And he tasted ****ing terrible.

One and a half stars.
You ate a talking fish? What a dumbass!

Dude, read the OP. Re: “kick a man while he’s down”
There's a pretty fine line between not condoning the trashing the character or personal aspects of the only decent coach CU's had in the last 12 years, and being sympathetic to him being fired for underperformance. Regardless of all that, does someone making a lot of money make them immune to human emotion? I know that's the way society treats the wealthy, particularly athletes and coaches, but they are still people who have just been fired and had theirs and their family's lives thrown into turmoil.

There's a pretty fine line between not condoning the trashing the character or personal aspects of the only decent coach CU's had in the last 12 years, and being sympathetic to him being fired for underperformance. Regardless of all that, does someone making a lot of money make them immune to human emotion? I know that's the way society treats the wealthy, particularly athletes and coaches, but they are still people who have just been fired and had theirs and their family's lives thrown into turmoil.
I mostly agree but “turmoil” is a bit much. Dude is getting millions of dollars to an extent that if I got that kind of money, I’d really consider retirement. I’ll take that “turmoil” any day.

I really appreciate MM and the fact he left the program in a better place than he found it, but let’s not pretend as if his life is ruined. He will be just fine.

I mostly agree but “turmoil” is a bit much. Dude is getting millions of dollars to an extent that if I got that kind of money, I’d really consider retirement. I’ll take that “turmoil” any day.

I really appreciate MM and the fact he left the program in a better place than he found it, but let’s not pretend as if his life is ruined. He will be just fine.
Yes I understand he and his family are not in danger of missing any meals.

Dude, read the OP. Re: “kick a man while he’s down”

In addition to what TSchekler wrote, I think there's a difference between being sympathetic, and attacking someone for their faults. I don't care if people are sympathetic towards HCMM - I personally wish he had better success here, but he didn't...oh well. But, I'm not going to attack his shortcomings, character, or personality traits I find disagreeable. Some of the stories laid out on these boards seem bitter at HCMM. It's a message board, so fine...do as you wish. In some aspects, the stories are even appreciated. However, we're talking about a college football team, full of boys in their douchiest of years, taking direction from former college athletes, who some (hopefully minimal numbers) unfortunately have not matured. There are going to be disagreements all around, and as in most things, usually one perspective is not entirely correct. I wish HCMM nothing but the best, but yes...hate to say it, it was clearly time to move on from him and his staff.

However, we're talking about a college football team, full of boys in their douchiest of years, taking direction from former college athletes, who some (hopefully minimal numbers) unfortunately have not matured. There are going to be disagreements all around, and as in most things, usually one perspective is not entirely correct. I wish HCMM nothing but the best, but yes...hate to say it, it was clearly time to move on from him and his staff.
. Are you a coach? When I first got into some of this I found the level of dumb frat type stuff from grown men amazing.
Mike will be fine. He’ll be a coordinator next year and a head coach again in three. He just needs to manage to make this a graceful exit.

You ate a talking fish? What a dumbass!

My sister dated Craig Ochs and he was a dick.

I have one lane and it’s basic and I’m the fastest mother****er in it. :D

Quit being a high school girl.
Tis the season.
tenor.gif

He was the highest paid public employee in the state for 6 years, and his son got a free college degree. I have ZERO sympathy for MM.
I’m not saying sympathy. But there’s petty shots talking about how he was an idiot his entire time at CU. I beg to differ. Glad we’ve moved on, but we don’t need to make him sound like Hawkins. He wasnt

I’m not saying sympathy. But there’s petty shots talking about how he was an idiot his entire time at CU. I beg to differ. Glad we’ve moved on, but we don’t need to make him sound like Hawkins. He wasnt
Agreed, but he also ****ed up, a lot, and went out on relatively sour note. We don't need to treat him with kid gloves or worship either. This is a time to express grievances and then all parties can move on. He wasn't exactly talking up the program at the end.

Agreed, but he also ****ed up, a lot, and went out on relatively sour note. We don't need to treat him with kid gloves or worship either. This is a time to express grievances and then all parties can move on. He wasn't exactly talking up the program at the end.
Fair enough. I was more frustrated with parents posting with sour grapes and a clear agenda.

You are right MM is not Hawkins. Hawkins actually beat many ranked teams (Georgia, Oklahoma, WVU to make a few). I would argue that if Hawk had the administrative support and facilities that MM had, he wouldn’t have been better than 14-39 in conference play

Fair enough. I was more frustrated with parents posting with sour grapes and a clear agenda.
I would much prefer their posts to yours, but go ahead and fight em off for us guy. Mac was last in pac12 south 5 of 6 years. He was better than Hawk and Embree, but that is such a low standard.

Problem isn't talent or scheme or coaching with the OL. A couple of things. The 3 Freshman/RS Freshman starting and several others seeing extensive time would likely have only seen mop-up duty in the past. The issues are partly misfortune but more depth related to recruiting and injury attrition over the last three upper-classmen OL groups. Think Isaac Miller etc.... Also, and I'm serious about this, they need a better nutrition and conditioning program to put meat on the boys when they come in. Projecting OL is a notoriously iffy prospect due to the fact it is a grown man's position and most (if not all) 16-17 year olds are boys no matter what they weigh. Look at the great OLine programs right now (Notre Dame, Wisconsin, OU this year). All of them are dominated by players in their last three years of eligibility. Ideally, you want a core group that starts together as Juniors and Seniors and you fill in with other "men" as you go. That takes a while. My take? The group they have now, with the right nutrition and conditions program will be pretty good next year and will be absolutely dominant, barring injury, in year two of whoever our new coach is. I am biased because I really like Adams and think he has a great and long future in OL coaching but he really has had these challenges dumped in his lap and has done about as good as he could with the depth and injury issues the group has faced. Guys like Will Sherman are potential superstars but not anywhere near technique-sound or even physically mature enough to run at LT. As an example, he is used to being the biggest most athletic lineman on the field (and blocking for Kyler Murray in HS). He never needed to be technique conscious when he was pass blocking 205 pound DE's who run 4.8 40's. It's a little different when you are blocking 260# grown men who run faster and are better athletes.
I so want to trust you on Adams. As a guy, he's been my favorite guy on the staff. But I've gotten so frustrated with him and it looks like he's reaching in recruiting a bit instead of getting his top targets. I've turned on him and I don't like it.

Unranked Georgia and a WVU team that finished unranked that season.

If you recall, too, the Georgia game was a bit fluky as a win: As I recall, A.J. Green was out for the first half (maybe a suspension), when he got into the second half, he torched us (including one of the greatest catches made in Folsom) and we were going down fast. Luckily, he sprained his ankle and we - barely - survived.

Even the wins were barely and lucky.

Last edited:
Hey Wyo.. my take is if iffy? Go with size. Size is like speed, it's not coached. 1 big ass dude is better then a small guy trying to 'add" weight?? serious question.
I’d sort of agree with you but I’d go with frame size. Tall dude with a big frame at 260-270 at 17-18 ... is a 315 poind T/G in a couple of years. I would not go with some orca fat kid that needs to lose 40 pouns of lard in order to move his feet. That’s what makes it hard to project.

Back