What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially fired effective immediately

Mostly because most of you asshats come across as giant bags of douches. Some of you take maniacal happiness to post negativity and then trumpet when right. Most have zero knowledge of how an AD actually works that it’s laughable.

Is this dude a Nub troll we blocked before I joined?

Is this dude a Nub troll we blocked before I joined?
Nope. Hate all things red. Just been on here a long time. Been a fan since I can remember (84?). Some of the posters here I just laugh at and will enjoy them twisting in the wind a bit.

I feel like you're one of the three people left on this board who continue to push this narrative. MM is not coaching here next year man.

I guess you missed the sarcasm in my post. I WANT Mediocre Mike canned - the sooner the better too! After watching CU mismanage all matters football for 25 years, I am skeptical. No need for you to get fussy because us older fans and Alums do not share your absolute confidence that Mac is "gone". I WANT to believe.

Unlike everybody else here, I can’t get too excited about the program going into limbo and potentially being blown up (again).

What is the alternative? Sticking with a HC who makes bowl eligibility look like rocket science and who loses every single game he isn't expected to win.

- 0-18 v ranked teams when being unranked or lower ranked
- 5-38 as an underdog with one win coming with a spread of 4 or larger
- We're one of 4 P5 programs who hasn't pulled an upset (as in beaten a higher ranked team) since 2013. The other 3 are Illinois, Rutgers and Kansas.
- His signature win is against a 4-8 Oregon squad.

Nope. Hate all things red. Just been on here a long time. Been a fan since I can remember (84?). Some of the posters here I just laugh at and will enjoy them twisting in the wind a bit.
fzsTrl.gif

While CU seems to have a better than average chance of ****ing things up from a PR perspective, it's nothing like Allbuffs' chances to freak out about things.

It's a media report. They happen all the time, and let's be honest - it's not like predicting MM's demise at CU is exactly going out on a limb. RG can't go and fire him right now with no succession plan in place for this weekend, and if there's any chance he's not going to be here next year, he's not going to go out and say he absolutely will be back.

I'd give the report a 75% chance of being true, and it's unfortunate that it dropped when it did. Like I said though, it's not like they are going out on a gigantic limb by saying he's going to get the ax. A simple rumor would be enough for most reporters to be able to run with this one.

No reason to get mad, guys.

MM is a good guy and a good coach who knows it's over and is spinning a narrative to help himself get hired.

He'd be a great hire for a program that needs to rebuild and values academic & moral integrity while not being willing to take shortcuts. It would be a sad comment on the sport if there aren't places that fit that description. He's pretty elite as a rebuild coach.

It's just run its course at CU. He made us better. He did it in a way we can be proud of. Taking the program from where it is now to where we aspire for it to be is not where he is elite, but there are guys available who are or might be.

Well said nik. I would imagine a lot of the frustration is based on the lack of tangible success. MikMac will have left the team in better shape than when he found it.

I think the charade that has to be played out is kind of silly, but I understand why it is happening. It is in CU and MikMac's interest to pretend the evaluation will happen at the end of the season.

Mostly because most of you asshats come across as giant bags of douches. Some of you take maniacal happiness to post negativity and then trumpet when right. Most have zero knowledge of how an AD actually works that it’s laughable.
The word “douche” is an action, not a thing. So you can’t put a “douche” in a bag.

MM is a good guy and a good coach who knows it's over and is spinning a narrative to help himself get hired.

He'd be a great hire for a program that needs to rebuild and values academic & moral integrity while not being willing to take shortcuts. It would be a sad comment on the sport if there aren't places that fit that description. He's pretty elite as a rebuild coach.

It's just run its course at CU. He made us better. He did it in a way we can be proud of. Taking the program from where it is now to where we aspire for it to be is not where he is elite, but there are guys available who are or might be.
+1

Truth is, I really wish that Mac was the guy for 10+ years because stability is critical and important. I think his emotional investment in the kids is huge, his steady hand in building or rebuilding a program is fantastic, but it seems that he is not quite built for the world of Top 25 CFP Football. That is not a knock, that is reality, and if he could find a nice place to coach in G5 or at a lower level, he could become a legend somewhere because he will be successful. Coaching College Football these days is hard, and only a very small handful can do it great, and that is why the funnel is pretty tight and has placed the top coaches in the jobs they have. MM had my support unconditionally up until the beginning of this year, and my bar was only beating CSU and NE and going to a bowl, but that appears to be the ceiling and that is not acceptable. These players, especially the ones that want to win will possibly welcome a new face and a new message that demands more, and gets more out of the program. These kids want to win, that is why they are here!!!

While CU seems to have a better than average chance of ****ing things up from a PR perspective, it's nothing like Allbuffs' chances to freak out about things.

There is no really good way to fire a head coach with three years left on his contract. And really no good time to do it, especially with a mid-December signing day. Wait til end of season, and have no time to do a national search before recruits have to sign. Do it with games left, and you sacrifice seniors’ last games and any remaining (minimal) chance at a bowl game, making the final record as bad as possible (and shift into interim coach chaos).

Tough call either way. Not going to go well.

Even worse when the current coach is a good guy who tried hard, did things the right way, and lifted the program out of the dumpster.

Last edited:
They’re still our Buffs.

There’s hope week to week of a little ball game to enjoy, whatever form that takes. Ups and downs, we’ll be alright.

UNLESS B_walk EVER CREATES ANOTHER THREAD

I think we all knew early he wasn’t a playoff coach but he could get us out of the gutter. I figured consistent bowl appearance was his ceiling and it turns out it was a little lower than that.

Good man. We owe him a lot. Be gracious on his exit. I’ll buy him a beer if I ever see him out and about.

As a contrast, Hawk can suck a fart straight out of my ass.

Back