What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially fired effective immediately

No reason to get mad, guys.

MM is a good guy and a good coach who knows it's over and is spinning a narrative to help himself get hired.

He'd be a great hire for a program that needs to rebuild and values academic & moral integrity while not being willing to take shortcuts. It would be a sad comment on the sport if there aren't places that fit that description. He's pretty elite as a rebuild coach.

It's just run its course at CU. He made us better. He did it in a way we can be proud of. Taking the program from where it is now to where we aspire for it to be is not where he is elite, but there are guys available who are or might be.
CSU should hire him.

Just told Mrs BuffUp the news. Not surprised and first thing she said..."I think He tried, tried real hard" and "we don't get the players we should."

Ugh, I was on a comment thread after HCMM's presser today and I made the comment that HCMM needs to stop trotting out the ol' "so many injuries" excuse for this season's failures. I was immediately told that I must not know anything about CU football and how injuries are SO MUCH TO BLAME and how could I not understand how AMAZING HCMM was at recruiting talent and getting the program respect. Really, dudes? Look at my Facebook profile picture: it's from my wedding at freakin' Folsom Field.

I responded that a) I was not going to write a dissertation on CU football's woes on a FB thread, and b) our opinions don't matter anyway - HCMM has to make a compelling case to RG to keep his job and a sheet of paper with "INJURIES!" written across it won't keep him at Boulder.

Ugh, I was on a comment thread after HCMM's presser today and I made the comment that HCMM needs to stop trotting out the ol' "so many injuries" excuse for this season's failures. I was immediately told that I must not know anything about CU football and how injuries are SO MUCH TO BLAME and how could I not understand how AMAZING HCMM was at recruiting talent and getting the program respect. Really, dudes? Look at my Facebook profile picture: it's from my wedding at freakin' Folsom Field.

I responded that a) I was not going to write a dissertation on CU football's woes on a FB thread, and b) our opinions don't matter anyway - HCMM has to make a compelling case to RG to keep his job and a sheet of paper with "INJURIES!" written across it won't keep him at Boulder.

Chillax, broseph. Many of us are also tired of macintyre using injuries to justify his failures.

The one holdover from MM's hires that I want retained is Katy Bason. She really seems to have struck a chord with the players, and I hope we're able to keep her... ...even though HCMM will want her with him at his next place.

18qaug.jpg

All I read from this was "my wedding at freakin' Folsom Field."
How'd you pull that off???

MM, assuming he closes out with 2 L's....will have made 600k per win over the past two years...not too shabby...or 1.5M per conference win. And we are celebrating that he tried hard? When you make 3M per....gotta do more than try hard....

You seem to think better than MM is the standard going forward. Interesting.
I would have never extended him....The Buffs were no shows the last two games against UW and OSU....Would have rolled the dice...MM at least made us marginally competitive....Not many coaches that have a 119-56 in 15 years of coaching....with only two losing seasons. FWIW....Les Miles record is 141-55....Both upgrades....

All I read from this was "my wedding at freakin' Folsom Field."
How'd you pull that off???

Folsom Field Events! You can rent the Byron White Stadium Club or several spaces in the Champions Center. We rented the Rooftop Lounge (and had access to the terrace, even though the weather was mediocre that particular April Saturday. The RL can seat 80 people max; we had 66 (if you specifically rent the terrace, you can seat about 600!). It was a pleasure working with the staff there; Levy is the caterer and the food was pretty good. We had stuffed Ralphies for centerpieces; he wore black and I wore gold. We had many compliments on our wedding and of the space.

And yes - I was the bride! And I was actually the one who did the research and found out that we could do it there!

Back