What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially fired effective immediately

My opinion.

They didn’t want it out till after this week. HCMM did build this program out of the bottom and has a senior son on the team, they wanted to respect both and wait. That was till a candidate they want to talk to, ie maybe Les, was going to take job elsewhere.

So is was leaked, the AD will then back track to save face for the week, then it will be jointly announced next week.

With early signing day now December 1st, you need to move quickly. To save this class they need a name quickly, and a name that could keep the class intact.

I’m thinking at the very least they want to talk to Les, this may slow the train for Les to jump on another job.

Again, just my view of it.

Meh, stuff like this leaks all the time. You guys are making this a way bigger deal than it needs to be.
Im not concerned about the leak. Just want to know if troy or brian is correct here. Want to know the direction of this program not concerned “how” we know

I don’t care if it gets out or not. This is something that had to be known since the collapse vs OSU. Most universities that know football is the most important money maker for the athletic dept; deal with it without being whiny and PC about it. It’s a business and that’s what you do; hire and fire.
On the Tuesday after the OSU loss, the recruiting group reached out to tell recruits they were told to go "radio silent" for a bit. When pressed why and what is happening the response was, "Why do you think?" and "Let's just say this isn't going to end well". Lots of kids being left in limbo at the moment.

I think the fact the AD hasn't issued an immediate response shows there is some truth to the rumor. I am hoping they are waiting for the presser to do this with a good public face etc.

If nothing else this probably forces RG into a public decision now (for better or worse). You can’t exactly deny this and then fire Mac next week.

On the Tuesday after the OSU loss, the recruiting group reached out to tell recruits they were told to go "radio silent" for a bit. When pressed why and what is happening the response was, "Why do you think?" and "Let's just say this isn't going to end well". Lots of kids being left in limbo at the moment.

My complety speculative take is that this is true: watching MM’s press conferences since the OSU debacle, I think he has that air of resignation (almost calm) that comes from knowing the final result is determined. There is an odd form of relief that comes from knowing and accepting that there is nothing more you can do.

I’m sure he’d love to get a win, and truly wants the best season he can help the team get. I absolutely believe he is that kind of person. I believe the next two weeks are about the kids on the team (and also maybe pushing the story to the media that it was injuries and not the coaching staff that killed this season - as spin for future enployers for all the coaches).

Both are acceptable and expected. I hope we do get one more. I just don’t see how it could happen.

I personally think it would be good to let him coach the last two games. Let him go out coaching his son the last two games of his career.
He's done good things for the program, but it's time to take the next step.

if you fire him now, you basically forfeit the next two games nad any chance at a bowl game. personally, i think a bowl is beyond us this season, but that's not the point.

Let him go out on good terms so he can get hired quickly. Don't fire him. If he 'parts ways' at the end, it's not a firing, but an agreement between two parties.
give him that much if it isn't too late.

My complety speculative take is that this is true: watching MM’s press conferences since the OSU debacle, I think he has that air of resignation (almost calm) that comes from knowing the final result is determined. There is an odd form of relief that comes from knowing and accepting that there is nothing more you can do.

I’m sure he’d love to get a win, and truly wants the best season he can help the team get. I absolutely believe he is that kind of person. I believe the next two weeks are about the kids on the team (and also maybe pushing the story to the media that it was injuries and not the coaching staff that killed this season - as spin for future enployers for all the coaches).

Both are acceptable and expected. I hope we do get one more. I just don’t see how it could happen.
Actually I think the news of MM's impending departure (if true) give us the best chance to make a bowl game. It can be a motivating factor for the players to go above and beyond.

I hope Shenault will stick around and not follow Chev. Maybe a big name can come in and save the recruiting class. I suspect it will come apart.

Why would he go? He's draft eligible next year, and if he transfers now he hurts his draft stock big league because he has to sit a year. I've been saying this since the OSU meltdown-Stop worrying about Shenault.........he's going to do what's best for him financially regardless of who is in charge-stay here until next year and then go pro.

My opinion.

They didn’t want it out till after this week. HCMM did build this program out of the bottom and has a senior son on the team, they wanted to respect both and wait. That was till a candidate they want to talk to, ie maybe Les, was going to take job elsewhere.

So is was leaked, the AD will then back track to save face for the week, then it will be jointly announced next week.

With early signing day now December 1st, you need to move quickly. To save this class they need a name quickly, and a name that could keep the class intact.

I’m thinking at the very least they want to talk to Les, this may slow the train for Les to jump on another job.

Again, just my view of it.

The early period is 12/19, not 12/1 just so we're all clear, but I agree with this. This was probably going to be announced with a loss to Utah on Saturday and some regent (Probably Jack Kroll-I'll run to challenge him if I get an endorsement from allbuffs lol) spilled the beans. NFW he comes back after that report.

While Howell is saying the report isn't true, he also isn't pull any punches on MMac's performance.
http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_32268252/report-mike-macintyre-cu-buffs-part-ways-at

there are several ugly numbers on MacIntyre's resume, including:
• A 2-19 record against ranked opponents.
• A 14-39 record against Pac-12 foes (6-37 outside of the 2016 season).
• Four last-place finishes in the Pac-12 South in five full seasons.
• A 10-14 record over the last 24 games.
• Just 8 wins in six years against bowl eligible teams, with four of those coming against Colorado State.
• An 0-8 record in the past two seasons with bowl eligibility on the line (by far the worst mark in the country).

Back