What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially takes Ole Miss DC job

I care about CU football and have no hatred for MM or the staff but can we stop acting like MM has Bill McCartney cred here? Eliot was here 2 years. I wish them both good luck and hope they do well at their new jobs.

He doesn't have McCartney cred here-saying he's the football Bzdelik isn't far fetched though.

Gilbert and Thompson were both signed by FHCMM. Not Embree. Olugbode was as well.

Technically, the entire 2013 class was "signed" by MacIntyre. Does not mean he landed them all. Gilbert was an Embree recruit. The other two committed to MacIntyre.

I was thinking today of the pipeline at QB that we had when he got here. If I remember right, it was Connor Wood, Shane Dillon and Stevie Joe Dorman. (Jordan Webb tore his ACL in April). After spring ball, Dillon (who was absolutely atrocious) went home, leaving the QB depth chart in July at Connor Wood and Stevie Joe Dorman. Frosh Sefo Liufau hadn't quite yet gotten to campus. Jordan Gerhke was signed in a panic.

Think about that....
I'd rather not.

Moeller really wanted to be a Buff. He was begging for a walk-on spot. Embree and his staff just refused to even watch his film and ignored him. There was minimal effort that needed to be expended on their part and it just did not happen.

MM rectified that pretty quickly once he was brought on as head coach.
Yep. Embree's staff felt that if it wasn't Colorado 5A or Valor Christian then it was a waste of time to scout in-state prospects. Which seems like a fine policy if you're an out-of-state program but I didn't like it for the state flagship.

Moeller really wanted to be a Buff. He was begging for a walk-on spot. Embree and his staff just refused to even watch his film and ignored him. There was minimal effort that needed to be expended on their part and it just did not happen.

MM rectified that pretty quickly once he was brought on as head coach.
Iirc Moeller actually said McElwain and CSU made him a much bigger priority but he came to CU anyway

Hopefully he doesnt Bo Pellini us.

If does get a job I also hope he doesnt send Jay Mac as his representative in any re-negotiations. :ROFLMAO:

Exactly. Regarding Gilbert, the big mistake was not redshirting him as a freshman. I'm not sure he even weighed 210 lbs as a DE that year.
That's some HS bull**** right there. Did we not have anybody that could've played so Gilbert didn't have to?

Fair-it was time to move on from him, but we're a hell of a lot better of now than we were when he got here is my point.
Won 3 P12 games the two years before he got here...and won 4 P12 games his last two years....would not say that is a hell of a lot better in the win column. And the P12 was NOWHERE near as good the past two years as it was during Embrees two years. Embree was awful. MM was average at best.

Congratulations and thank you for your time and service here at CU Coach MAC. Time will heal the last two years and I wish you and your family great health and the very best of times at Ole Miss.

Yep. Embree's staff felt that if it wasn't Colorado 5A or Valor Christian then it was a waste of time to scout in-state prospects. Which seems like a fine policy if you're an out-of-state program but I didn't like it for the state flagship.

Real stupid IMO too. I don't think there is really that much of a difference between 3A, 4A, and 5A ball here in Colorado. There might be some 2A schools that fit the profile of having kids playing one way and having to fight for that position. That would have eliminated Ty Evans as our future QB who played 3A ball here in Colorado.

Embree's last year, MacIntyres first year, we were losing games by 35+ points on a regular basis. Opponents were going into mercy mode on us in the middle of the third quarter.

MacIntyre's last couple seasons most games were within a couple of scores and teams had to play us to the end of the game. We were a much different program.

Unfortunately though he couldn't turn those games into wins and being a college coach is a wins matter job.

I appreciate him making us better. I don't object to firing him because he had time and didn't make us better enough.

Considering there are no other former CU HCs currently coaching in D1 football, it's important that MM got this job, imo.

We all believe (correctly, again imo) that there are other reasons why Coach Tucker came here, and RG is the biggest reason why. Still, it didn't help the perception of the CU job nationally that the only other former CU HCs in football were Hawkins in D2 and Embree as a position coach in the NFL.

Real stupid IMO too. I don't think there is really that much of a difference between 3A, 4A, and 5A ball here in Colorado. There might be some 2A schools that fit the profile of having kids playing one way and having to fight for that position. That would have eliminated Ty Evans as our future QB who played 3A ball here in Colorado.
There’s a massive difference between 3A, 4A and 5A in Colorado. Part of my initial concerns a year ago when we first offered Ty, but came around due to some offer validation from bigger programs and his camp performances

Back