What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Montez

I'm disappointed. I thought we could talk about how he's still immature or possibly made some hand gestures in the RMS.

Roper (aka, the "Quarterback Whisperer") worked with Montez and got into his head. Montez probably received some advice, which actually clicked, that he has NFL physical skills but needs to have a better mental and work ethic if he wants to make some good money. He's got a couple of seasons to make it happen. I predict that it will be fun to watch.

If he’s throwing frat signs, that means we’re scoring. So I’m good with it.
Exactly. Eric Bieniemy threw up the Que Hook after most of his TDs and no one cared (or maybe I'm just too young?).

All this hand wringing about Montez is ridiculous to me. I agree he's more mature in his interviews in the past and that's a good line to walk, but I love how even still in his interviews when he talks about his teammates he has such a genuine enthusiasm as he rambles on gushing about them. That dude loves his teammates and loves to see them succeed which I think should be celebrated.

He looked good to me. He still goes bezerk when something positive happens, but he seems more even headed in his progression. That said, he had time to make good decisions. I sure hope that continues!

P8Um.gif

Coach Roper after Montez throws TD pass.

7 was also a true freshman (who skipped his senior year of HS) playing in his first college game. Daniels will be great, but he'll need a little time.
He's not yoing, and I think he was held back for sports early on. Regardless, he's had a trainer and top QB coach for a decade. So yes, he's a Frosh, but not like any other true Frosh, and certainly not like one which missed a year of HS.
Link

He's not yoing, and I think he was held back for sports early on. Regardless, he's had a trainer and top QB coach for a decade. So yes, he's a Frosh, but not like any other true Frosh, and certainly not like one which missed a year of HS.
Link

He turned 18 in February so he’s still on the young side. And pretty much every highly recruited QB has private coaches now.

Nebraska's 18 year old true freshman QB Martinez has strong upside potential. His being named as a starter caused the other established QB to seek a transfer. But the kid has not played in an actual football game since his junior year year in high school, meaning that he has not taken a true hit (even in practice) for two years. Buffs gotta get on him early and often. I'm looking at you, Drew Lewis.

Not all of them but a few of those sacks were on Montez. Then, one play in particular, wanna say it was the early 3rd? He was going through progression, had nothing, and was about to get sacked again. He finally said, **** it, tucked it down and got around 10 to 15. I wanna see more of that. Dude is still learning, pretty easy to see.

Back