What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

More and more excited for Bienemy...

I would hope that EB could lean on his contacts/coaching tree to bring an OC/DC in. No way is he able to bring in a top tier coordinator, but then again, I don't think ANY coach we bring in will be able to convince a top tier coordinator to come here as well.

Outside of Mac, you're probably right. Which is why I'd like to see Bohn bring in someone who can dual-role as a coordinator. Don't see us having the kind of talent on the team right now that can pull a green coach's bacon out of the fire. Need to win the headset matchups to win ballgames.

Outside of Mac, you're probably right. Which is why I'd like to see Bohn bring in someone who can dual-role as a coordinator. Don't see us having the kind of talent on the team right now that can pull a green coach's bacon out of the fire. Need to win the headset matchups to win ballgames.

What coach fits that profile? The one that can do the HC job plus a coordinator job?

What coach fits that profile? The one that can do the HC job plus a coordinator job?

Leach = 5-19 vs ranked opponents. Counting OOC, CU would probably have to beat 3-4 in one year to win a PAC championship. He fits the general profile, but his teams were soft in the trenches. They tended to shoot themselves in the foot against good competition. Outsized ego. Have seen more than one game that looked like he got too caught up in offensive stats and just plain forgot he had a football game to win.

DO NOT WANT!!!

Does the Leach obsession have to carry over into every single thread? It's bordering on trolling.

Am I the only one who sees a bit of a contradiction here?

Childress was an OC before he became a head coach. If he isn't calling plays, the current OC, Darrell Bevell, probably does. (Let's face it, the QB probably does a lot of it, too...) The running backs coach isn't likely to be calling any plays at all in that system.

Agree 100%. I keep hearing that EB would bring "energy" and "attitude" to the Buffs. That's not what your HC or OC is there for. Not during the game. If you've got either of those guys running around yelling, screaming and jumping around the whole game, who is calling the plays and actually running the team? Not to mention the whole OC in the booth issue. For a RB coach that might be fine, but with the added responsibilities at the head coach or coordinator level, you need to be more focused. Not saying EB can't do it, but he's probably not going to be the raging firebrand everybody expects if he's going to do those jobs well...

There are a lot of good coaches with a great deal of "energy" and "attitude" on the sidelines, especially when they get f'd by a bad call from the refs or someone messes up.

EB is an awesome recruiter. MJD would have been a Buff if EB had stayed here. A CU team led by him would have talent. Moreover, the fact that he can recruit like that tells you that he's a guy that resonates with young men and inspires them to believe in something. THAT is something you absolutely want in a head coach.

I think it's also worth pointing out that he's not just a RB coach, he's also the assistant head coach of a professional football team.

I'm not sure how a teenager would respond to a 70 year old on their couch in the living room but I know all of them would be engaged by EB, if not for his personality, for the fact that he's been Adrian Peterson's coach for the past few years.

In order to be competitive, CU is going to have get a lot more talent. Bringing in a proven recruiter would certainly give the team a leg up.

There are a lot of good coaches with a great deal of "energy" and "attitude" on the sidelines, especially when they get f'd by a bad call from the refs or someone messes up.

EB is an awesome recruiter. MJD would have been a Buff if EB had stayed here. A CU team led by him would have talent. Moreover, the fact that he can recruit like that tells you that he's a guy that resonates with young men and inspires them to believe in something. THAT is something you absolutely want in a head coach.

I think it's also worth pointing out that he's not just a RB coach, he's also the assistant head coach of a professional football team.

I'm not sure how a teenager would respond to a 70 year old on their couch in the living room but I know all of them would be engaged by EB, if not for his personality, for the fact that he's been Adrian Peterson's coach for the past few years.

In order to be competitive, CU is going to have get a lot more talent. Bringing in a proven recruiter would certainly give the team a leg up.

You do understand that titles like "Assistant Head Coach" are handed out by NFL teams to keep other teams from stealing their assistants, right? In order to go after an assistant under contract you have to offer them a step up, so it's really hard to steal somebody who is called an "assistant head coach". It's definitely an honor for EB, but it doesn't mean he's really doing a lot of head coaching type duties. As pointed out above, he is no higher than #3 on the offensive coaching hierarchy. OC would be a whole new experience for him, HC a whole new universe. Maybe he could do it, but it's anything but a slam dunk.

Which means exactly what, if anything?

Do you even know? Does anybody? I suspect that the only people who have any idea just how involved Eric Bienemy is in the game-day activities and planning of the Vikings are within the organization, itself.

Back