What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Multi-year Contract Commitments + 2019 Coaching Staff

Looks like Tucker is going in the direction of "great teacher + decent recruiter". I don't mind this approach for DL/OL. Though we can't have all the staff to fit this mold.
Both hires seem like they will be strong recruiters. They are also good position coaches. It's not an either/or situation when making these hires as long as RG delivers a budget that can get you fully qualified candidates.

Both hires seem like they will be strong recruiters. They are also good position coaches. It's not an either/or situation when making these hires as long as RG delivers a budget that can get you fully qualified candidates.
With both assistant coaches HCMT mentioned recruiting as a top trait. 247 list of commits backs that up too. HCMT understands the need for the staff to win the recruiting battles. HCMM used to mention the recruiting ability of his new hires like it as a nice bonus, but not really a big deal. I am sure HCMM understood recruiting has was important, but he did not emphasize it's importance like HCMT does.
That said, the last three hires are still critical for our recruiting efforts. HCMT talked about fighting for recruits.Hopefully RG is willing to help HCMT fight for the coaches he wants too.

We should get some announcements this week. The Travares Tillman announcement as our CB coach would be after Georgia's bowl game on Tuesday.

That would leave the TE coach & a defensive coach. On defense, it could be a safety or an OLB coach since Summers can coach either.

Still holding out hope for So’oto, but based on his twitter posts he sure seems set at UVA. He loves Mendenhall.

With Klayton Adams miraculously securing another FBS coaching opportunity, I think Ambrose is the only 2018 staff member who hasn't been retained here or hired somewhere else. Anybody heard anything here?

Rumors? Anything?
All I've heard is that there's a contractual thing on him leaving his current position which delayed it. If that had something to do with Signing Day, we should know soon and it could be just about any defensive coach who is currently employed.

Is CU that broke that we have to fill half our staff with QC guys? No splash for recruiting. Offensive side is good.

All I've heard is that there's a contractual thing on him leaving his current position which delayed it. If that had something to do with Signing Day, we should know soon and it could be just about any defensive coach who is currently employed.
So were we lied to or did someone back out? Latter is only explanation for why you'd promote from within. And this guy could be really impressing but.... He's a complete unknown

Back