What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Multi-year Contract Commitments + 2019 Coaching Staff

Thanks. The numbers jumped out to me as not matching the experience level, but I guess assistants just pull down more money these days.
I thought Johnson was a little high for a guy who was out of work but other than that those are pretty standard. It will be more interesting to see the other guys though as I hope some aren't on 2 year deals.

I thought Johnson was a little high for a guy who was out of work but other than that those are pretty standard. It will be more interesting to see the other guys though as I hope some aren't on 2 year deals.
He wasn’t out of work. He was employed last year at UGA. As a full assistant? No. But employed. And has years of experience as an OC.

reasonable. Chev getting another year jumped out at me as a surprise. Also, did he take a pay cut?

He wasn’t out of work. He was employed last year at UGA. As a full assistant? No. But employed. And has years of experience as an OC.
He hasn't been an assistant on a staff for two years. I know he was an analyst last year but that still seems a little high for a guy coming from that position, especially when there wasn't a lot of money to go around for the last couple guys.

It’s clear she is just going to vote no on all things football as long as she’s in her position. Same with Kroll. It’s grandstanding to push their agenda, fully knowing that their vote doesn’t matter.

Tired of hearing how Coloradans don't support CU athletics. You vote for these idiots and other idiots from the same party. Look in the mirror.

Tired of hearing how Coloradans don't support CU athletics. You vote for these idiots and other idiots from the same party. Look in the mirror.
giphy.gif

WTF is with Michalowski
He a really respected bag man or something?
He may not have been their first or second choice, but everybody gets their first asst coaching role at some point. Looks like 2 year contracts are going to be the norm for all asst coaches going forward.

I wonder what would happen if the contracts were not approved? The implosion would be highly entertaining (in some sick way).

Pupunu being paid less than Michalowski?

Should be paid the same amount!
People need a 2 year contract to feel good about their jobs and not be in fear of losing it every second! How many of you have or would want a 1 year contract?
I would take a 1-year $3,000,000 deal, but not a 1-year $200,000 deal.
Regents are tools, and I hope they move on to bigger and better things.

My first reaction was that some people are getting paid remarkably well for coaching football. On second thought, it's typical for the people on the revenue side of a business to be paid more than the operations side. (Salespeople vs Accountants, for example.) Football coaches are squarely on the revenue side of University business.

Here is a comparison to other salaries our regents recently approved, presumably without the fan fare and grandstanding:

President: $359,100 + $49,500 housing supplement (Benson has refused raises for 10 years and is considered to be underpaid)
VP & General Counsel: $325,166 + $10K vehicle supplement
Treasurer: $235,170 + $10k vehicle
Assoc VP of Internal Audit: $206,338 + $10k vehicle

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/...gents-approve-raises-some-system-leaders[URL]

Should be paid the same amount!
People need a 2 year contract to feel good about their jobs and not be in fear of losing it every second! How many of you have or would want a 1 year contract?
I would take a 1-year $3,000,000 deal, but not a 1-year $200,000 deal.
Regents are tools, and I hope they move on to bigger and better things.

you drive a hard bargain

you drive a hard bargain
There's a PAHI middle class joke in here somewhere I'm sure of it.
His wage. Why is it higher than pupunu
Fair question. He's obviously thought highly of by Tucker and Summers if he was given the nod, though. There had to have been a "Pupunu" out there at the FCS level who would have jumped at the opportunity to come to CU on that kind of contract.

Back