What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My random thoughts none of you give a S*** about

pcbuff

CU has reeled me back in. I find myself looking at my phone and 247 throughout the day to see who's next. Something I haven't done in at least 10 years.

Prime has done step one. Talent attraction
I always knew it was possible with the right guy and this has been exciting to watch.

Step 2:
Talent evaluation and development. How do you get a large group of mercenary elites to team up and perform to their potential? He's going to have to deliver at a high level. I am excited to see if his strength of personality goes beyond the initial sales pitch. You have NFL talent, now get them into the NFL.

Step 3:
Game management: Does he have a staff that can pull off the close one. I see this as a three-year process with some things to probably be sorted out

Step 4:
Program management: Boulder is a unique beast. Beautiful and unforgiving. In other towns, the system will protect your athletes. In Boulder there is a girl who will invite you to her house, have a party where she hands out condoms at the door, and then blame anything that happens on the football players and staff. They have a DA office and professors on staff that actively will work against you in every way possible. There are predators in every town. In Boulder, there are some in positions of power. When your selling flamboyance and flash, you need to make your athletes understand how much trouble what your selling can result in with elements of a system that wants to tear you down to build themselves up.

I sure want it all to work. Step one sure has been fun to watch!!

New fans coming on board.

Old fans no longer dead inside and getting back on board.
richard dreyfuss jaws GIF

CU has reeled me back in. I find myself looking at my phone and 247 throughout the day to see who's next. Something I haven't done in at least 10 years.

Prime has done step one. Talent attraction
I always knew it was possible with the right guy and this has been exciting to watch.

Step 2:
Talent evaluation and development. How do you get a large group of mercenary elites to team up and perform to their potential? He's going to have to deliver at a high level. I am excited to see if his strength of personality goes beyond the initial sales pitch. You have NFL talent, now get them into the NFL.

Step 3:
Game management: Does he have a staff that can pull off the close one. I see this as a three-year process with some things to probably be sorted out

Step 4:
Program management: Boulder is a unique beast. Beautiful and unforgiving. In other towns, the system will protect your athletes. In Boulder there is a girl who will invite you to her house, have a party where she hands out condoms at the door, and then blame anything that happens on the football players and staff. They have a DA office and professors on staff that actively will work against you in every way possible. There are predators in every town. In Boulder, there are some in positions of power. When your selling flamboyance and flash, you need to make your athletes understand how much trouble what your selling can result in with elements of a system that wants to tear you down to build themselves up.

I sure want it all to work. Step one sure has been fun to watch!!
Go Live Episode 12 GIF by Law & Order

What step is “get the fans back on board”? “Get the local businesses back on board”.

@pcbuff , you're making some really strong claims in step 4. Can you back up the bits about girls handing out condoms only to later blame players with any sources? Or about the predators in positions of power in Boulder?

@pcbuff , you're making some really strong claims in step 4. Can you back up the bits about girls handing out condoms only to later blame players with any sources? Or about the predators in positions of power in Boulder?
“Almost every day this month has brought a new accusation against the University of Colorado Buffaloes, and Thursday was no different. Police said they are investigating whether a team member sexually assaulted a woman in 2002, the seventh such claim since 1997.”

you don’t need facts to propagandize things

“Almost every day this month has brought a new accusation against the University of Colorado Buffaloes, and Thursday was no different. Police said they are investigating whether a team member sexually assaulted a woman in 2002, the seventh such claim since 1997.”

you don’t need facts to propagandize things

That was 20+ years ago. My question was getting to whether there is reason to believe that still happens today.

Bottom line on the "scandal:" No criminal charges were ever filed, and everyone knows that the local DA wanted to, but in the end, there was nothing there.

Secondary point to understanding it: most of the national news stories relied on the local reporters "the BDC reported, the DP reported," and not on their own primary reporters.

What they (national media) thought/assumed about the situation; "the local media is *always* supportive of the local big time nationally relavent football program, so if the local media is actually going after them, it must be bad."

It didn't enter their mind that the local media started from an antagonistic point - that's so far outside what you see at any other big time program that they didn't realize the initial premise was false and that they should be double checking the reliability of the local reporters in regards to the facts and narrative they were putting out there.

Bottom line on the "scandal:" No criminal charges were ever filed, and everyone knows that the local DA wanted to, but in the end, there was nothing there.
No charges were ever filed, but leaks were happening out of the DA immediately, and the players were thrown under the bus of public opinion by having their pictures put on the front page of the paper as rapists....and CU did nothing, absolutely nothing to defend them. One of the players that had his picture plastered on the front page, was proven later to not even have been in town during the party, and there was nary a word of retraction or apology.

Re: the public opinion issue, Cindy Carlisle was a regent, and absolutely refused to recuse herself from the issue even though her husband was representing the main accuser. Cindy is dirty, hates football, and leveraged this to her family's benefit (and to the detriment of CU FB), and no one had the spine to call her on it.
Secondary point to understanding it: most of the national news stories relied on the local reporters "the BDC reported, the DP reported," and not on their own primary reporters.

What they (national media) thought/assumed about the situation; "the local media is *always* supportive of the local big time nationally relavent football program, so if the local media is actually going after them, it must be bad."

It didn't enter their mind that the local media started from an antagonistic point - that's so far outside what you see at any other big time program that they didn't realize the initial premise was false and that they should be double checking the reliability of the local reporters in regards to the facts and narrative they were putting out there.
It happened at a unique time in CU Sports. There were 3 distinct news outlets competing for stories at the time (BDC, DP, and the Rocky Mountain News)....this is unusual for a university, and it resulted in these news outlets blowing up the story in an effort to attract eyeballs....then it went national and all bets were off because (again) no one at CU had the spine to stand up for the kids or the truth. That's what makes Buffaloed so unique. Bruce Plasket was a beat reporter for the Longmont Times Call, and he saw what the media was doing to the team, what Cindy Carlisle was doing, what the University was not doing....and he published the book with his own money and at great personal expense to himself (in an effort to tell the truth as he saw it). The whole thing was completely ****ed.

And yes, the bowl of condoms was real, and that really happened. No criminal charges were ever filed against anyone, and the accusers mostly walked away with a fat pay day.

No charges were ever filed, but leaks were happening out of the DA immediately, and the players were thrown under the bus of public opinion by having their pictures put on the front page of the paper as rapists....and CU did nothing, absolutely nothing to defend them. One of the players that had his picture plastered on the front page, was proven later to not even have been in town during the party, and there was nary a word of retraction or apology.

Re: the public opinion issue, Cindy Carlisle was a regent, and absolutely refused to recuse herself from the issue even though her husband was representing the main accuser. Cindy is dirty, hates football, and leveraged this to her family's benefit (and to the detriment of CU FB), and no one had the spine to call her on it.

It happened at a unique time in CU Sports. There were 3 distinct news outlets competing for stories at the time (BDC, DP, and the Rocky Mountain News)....this is unusual for a university, and it resulted in these news outlets blowing up the story in an effort to attract eyeballs....then it went national and all bets were off because (again) no one at CU had the spine to stand up for the kids or the truth. That's what makes Buffaloed so unique. Bruce Plasket was a beat reporter for the Longmont Times Call, and he saw what the media was doing to the team, what Cindy Carlisle was doing, what the University was not doing....and he published the book with his own money and at great personal expense to himself (in an effort to tell the truth as he saw it). The whole thing was completely ****ed.

And yes, the bowl of condoms was real, and that really happened. No criminal charges were ever filed against anyone, and the accusers mostly walked away with a fat pay day.
Thank you for putting context to my “baseless” accusations.

Yes, I am living out of the past Hokie, but the idea that some elements of Boulder are anti football, is not new. Take a look at discussion of recent regents. It is something Neon Dion will need to manage and teach. I think he can!!

Thank you for putting context to my “baseless” accusations.

Yes, I am living out of the past Hokie, but the idea that some elements of Boulder are anti football, is not new. Take a look at discussion of recent regents. It is something Neon Dion will need to manage and teach. I think he can!!
One regent (a racist who’s leaving office) voted against Prime’s contract. This narrative about the vast conspiracy is overrated.

I believe the environment in Boulder has changed quite a bit since 2002. I don’t get the sense that there is an anti-football mentality. I get more of an apathetic mentality. As if you have to remind folks that there’s a D-1 football program in town.
And yes, Cindy Carlisle was a festering boil of a human being who had no business being regent.

name another university that routinely shoots itself in the foot with “elected regents”

We have rivals of ours, voting for the future of our university, it’s hard to argue that they wouldn’t vote for the worst person to ruin us.

This went to a place I never intended. I think item 4 is something to manage. I do not believe it is unmanageable. I put some commentary in there with an assumption that everyone here knew the story and how biased and ugly the response of a segment of the community was.
For clarity, I’m stoked about what I am seeing. I love Boulder, am a fan of CU and want to see this thing roll off the flatirons with incredible power and momentum. Go Buffs!!

Back