What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

Jesus how many times do I have to say it? ICON posted projections off surveys sent to boosters at other stadiums for this and showed a 95-100% accuracy rate from the answered surveys to actual after it was built.

So yeah, I think we're good in that regard

I'm sorry but CSU fans can't even attend home games or games in Denver to support the program but they will have no problem ponying up millions? I don't believe ICON numbers.

I know, "take it up with ICON." But seriously dude, I respect you for coming over here and "educating" us moronic CU fans. You've got a lot to learn on how the world works. I did too when I was in college.

Well when North Texas gets $20mil for a POS $78mil stadium, it is very reasonable to think CSU can get $20-40mil for a stadium 3x that price.

I wouldn't doubt if Marc Driscoll paid for the naming rights himself (First National Bank)

I actually think you will get $20MM - $30MM for the naming rights. $40MM seems like a stretch. But claiming it as a fact is false.

The problem is that you seem blinded by the feasibility report and the hopes and dreams of everything falling your way. It would be smarter to ask the tough questions and get everything worked out properly rather than running around half-****ed and rushing things along.

And yet you don't know Jack Graham.

"Over my dead body."

The end

Like over his dead body when he dumps a quarter of his net worth into a dead-end project and eventually jumps out the window of a tall building because he's realized his mistake? Sounds about right.

I'm sorry but CSU fans can't even attend home games or games in Denver to support the program but they will have no problem ponying up millions? I don't believe ICON numbers.

I know, "take it up with ICON." But seriously dude, I respect you for coming over here and "educating" us moronic CU fans. You've got a lot to learn on how the world works. I did too when I was in college.
I didn't make up the answered survey numbers

hey OMFGasm- don't ignore the facts

what about your little problem called the Mountain West Conference ?
that's not going to change anytime soon ... Captain Jack can't buy himself into a new conference-

I actually think you will get $20MM - $30MM for the naming rights. $40MM seems like a stretch. But claiming it as a fact is false.

The problem is that you seem blinded by the feasibility report and the hopes and dreams of everything falling your way. It would be smarter to ask the tough questions and get everything worked out properly rather than running around half-****ed and rushing things along.
Yes $30 for naming rights. The other $10mil from other related sponsorships.

So yeah. $40mil sounds pretty damn reasonable

he OMFGasm- don't ignore the facts

what about your little problem called the Mountain West Conference ?
that's not going to change anytime soon ... Captain Jack can't buy himself into a new conference-
Conference affiliation will sort itself out. I'm not banking on getting into a better conference.

There are multiple benefits to building the stadium that have nothing to do with conferences. Or football

Conference affiliation will sort itself out. I'm not banking on getting into a better conference.

There are multiple benefits to building the stadium that have nothing to do with conferences. Or football

I guess this is considered hot at CSU:

Lady+Gaga+Style+Fashion+Trend+%25286%2529.jpg

Yes $30 for naming rights. The other $10mil from other related sponsorships.

So yeah. $40mil sounds pretty damn reasonable

What specific sponsorships? Are you just talking advertising? - or is it going to be "The Otterbox concourse at First National Bank Field in the New Belgium Stadium?"

What specific sponsorships? Are you just talking advertising? - or is it going to be "The Otterbox concourse at First National Bank Field in the New Belgium Stadium?"

Nothing sells your premium seats better than a convoluted title. Brilliant!

College football in the future is far more different than the current setup. It will be much more unbalanced. Those not in the top 64 will be left behind. Just 3 years ago the difference between Big XII and MWC TV deals was only ~$5MM. Now there's a ~$20MM disparity

good luck getting 42K fans to watch csu play utep, san jose st and utah st
Yes- conference affiliation will sort itseld out and csu will always be on the outside sitting at the
little kids table-

I think we need to translate OMFGasm speak into English.

"reasonable" = best possible projection if everything falls CSU's way along to the maximum extent.

FACT = ICON projection.

Got it.

Yes- conference affiliation will sort itseld out and csu will always be on the outside sitting at the
little kids table-

did you ignore the fact that there are going to be PREMIUM seats?

little kids table-
In your opinion. I wonder where Utah, Boise State, Houston, UCF, USF and TCU would be with that attitude

Nothing sells your premium seats better than a convoluted title. Brilliant!

Well, if that is what he is talking about, then I would like to see an example of another school who has doled out sponsorships in a similar manner - cause I can't think of any.

Additionally - I can't imagine a company being too pleased to see their $30MM naming rights mixed in with a bunch of other companies

I didn't make up the answered survey numbers

Survey's said "Dewey Beats Truman"

Pay me enough and I can get your survey results that say anything you want them to. The real survey comes with dollars attached and you haven't gotten any significant response on that one.

Graham can say over my dead body as often as he wants, it isn't going to make something so. George Wallace said that black people would be attending the University of Mississipi over his dead body, well he's buried and I don't know if you bothered to look last time they played on TV.

North Texas happened to build a stadium in the Dallas area, a few million more people than live in Ft. Collins. They also host a lot more events than CSU could ever hope to get. Again tell me who is going to be paying the millions to put their name on a stadium that nobody goes to.

CSU staff is garbage. Essentially two fired coaches from Fresneck, 1 or 2 from Wyoming. 2 co-DC's that have never been a DC before, and don't appear to have any relevant experience. A WR coach who has never coached before. The only coach that might be able to coach at CU is Napier, and he was fired at Clemson and could only manage a graduate job at Bama. Plus Scherer>>>>Napier imo

The offensive staff there is actually pretty good IMO. McElwain, Baldwin, Napier, and Frazier should do well for the offense overall.

The defensive coaching staff is just not that good:
Marty English-67th (highest finishing in scoring defense during his tenure as Wyoming's DC). Good in-state recruiter though.
Al Simmons-Co-DC at CSU... he was the safeties coach at UTEP last season.
Greg Lupfer-One year of coaching experience at the 1-A level (at Toledo).
Tim Skipper-Okay resume as a LB coach at Fresno.

They would be exactly where they are now ....... in a location with a greater population base than fort fun.

Salt Lake City, Boise, Houston, Orlando, Tampa, Fort Worth>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fort Collins

Back