What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

I have seen your stadium, it is out in the middle of nowhere. It does have nice shrubs though. And I wouldn't brag about CSU being in the news, since the biggest story to come of late is 3 of your best players getting kicked of the team.
As to his point about recruiting...
They are 2d in the MWC. 2 2* and 2 3* (highest rating is 5.5). Recruits are excited that they are invited!

Jesus, for that to be a serious "uptick" in recruit interest = :rofl:

From what I understand, $200million.

@Darth-It has been understood from the beginning that Graham wouldn't be here forever. He was hired to get the stadium built and create excitement for football. Well it's worked.

Thats why we just hired (and stole) the Senior Associate AD from Washington. AD of the future (who also raised $250million for their stadium renovation). I wouldn't doubt or be mad if JG was only at CSU for 2-3 more years

Dude, what stadium? Next, you do realize that all of your arguments are based off of projections and hopes? Often ones that apparently only you accept without reservation? Ones that anyone with a brain who isn't a homer would be suspicious of?

They are 2d in the MWC. 2 2* and 2 3* (highest rating is 5.5). Recruits are excited that they are invited!

Well thats better than we were before hand.
Blake Nowland anyone???

Every recruit who's had an article on CSU's rivals page has mentioned us building the stadium. From Cali to South Carolina

Well thats better than we were before hand.
Blake Nowland anyone???

Every recruit who's had an article on CSU's rivals page has mentioned us building the stadium. From Cali to South Carolina
They are really gonna be disappointed when it doesn't happen. Or doesn't happen until 2018.

Also, please look again at the line in my post where I :rofl:.

As for Nowland, solid get. However, apparently we were slow playing him (or Marshall is just an awful recruiter :lol:).
That is what historically happens when CSU gets an instate guy that CU has also expressed interest in.

Dude, what stadium? Next, you do realize that all of your arguments are based off of projections and hopes? Often ones that apparently only you accept without reservation? Ones that anyone with a brain who isn't a homer would be suspicious of?
As I said before, ICON has consistently showed a 95-100% accuracy rate in their projections.

The stadium is already creating $ and it hasn't even been built yet

They are really gonna be disappointed when it doesn't happen. Or doesn't happen until 2018.
100% chance of happening. Graham and Tony Frank realize the sense of urgency and there would be absolutely no reason to wait until 2018. 2014 or most likely 2015.

100% chance of happening. Graham and Tony Frank realize the sense of urgency and there would be absolutely no reason to wait until 2018. 2014 or most likely 2015.

I havent been following your stadium news, when do you break ground?

As I said before, ICON has consistently showed a 95-100% accuracy rate in their projections.

Fails to actually respond to points in post. Repeats sales company's pitch. Posts strange factoid without support. I give you a D+. Derp.

I have a sense of urgency and realize that getting Minka kelly to sleep with me needs to happen before 2018 as well before she gets married, pregnant, or just less hot. Preferably by 2014. But again, sometimes reality gets in the way of a sense of urgency. For you guys, its actually raising the $. For me, well, I think I have to kill Derek Jeter.

Last edited:
Fails to actually respond to points in post. Repeats sales company's pitch. Posts strange factoid without support. I give you a D+. Derp.

I have a sense of urgency and realize that getting Minka kelly to sleep with me needs to happen before 2018 as well before she gets married, pregnant, or just less hot. Preferably by 2014. But again, sometimes reality gets in the way of a sense of urgency. For you guys, its actually raising the $. For me, well, I think I have to kill Derek Jeter.
Read their report then. It's a lot better than all of your guys' arguments based off conspiracy theories and cynicism

Read their report then. It's a lot better than all of your guys' arguments based off conspiracy theories and cynicism
Their report is based off of hopes, butterflies, and greed. I will take cynicsm and reality any day.

2014? You are going to have the entire stadium built in 2 years? That would be remarkable. I've been watching the Union Station project downtown everyday for 2 years - and they haven't even dug the foundations yet

2014? You are going to have the entire stadium built in 2 years? That would be remarkable. I've been watching the Union Station project downtown everyday for 2 years - and they haven't even dug the foundations yet
False, I believe. They've already dug and put in the bottom layer/bus terminal. It's just covered up again.

Did ICON tell you this as well?

If you are willing to believe that crap I would like to interest you in a great stock bargain. All you have to do is buy the stock then go out and find 5 more people to sell more of the same stock to. They then go out and sell to 5 people they know and you get a cut, and on and on. With 7 Billion potential customers in the world you should be a millionaire in no time, and all you have to do is sell to the right 5 people.

I can understand the desperation at CSU, they are about to be left behind when the major college football train leaves the station. Building a fancy station though doesn't mean that the train is coming back. They have never had enough passengers to justify the route. What do you do with a fancy train station and no train? This is the question for the future if they build it. Enough people are already asking that question in Ft. Collins. The pro-stadium people didn't expect the opposition to start asking the questions they are asking and quite frankly the answers to those questions aren't good.

You can spout all the confidence you want to, I'll believe it when it is built.

how is your unbuilt, unfunded, unapproved stadium already creating $?

False, I believe. They've already dug and put in the bottom layer/bus terminal. It's just covered up again.

Really? I must have missed it - even though my bus goes by it every morning. Still a long way from completion

there's still a little problem out there for csu called the Mountain West Conference...
sorry-

346716-long_pointy_hat_beard_looks_merlin_me.jpg

How dare you question the net worth of Jack Graham?

Jack Graham is the magician of Ft. Collins.
Whatever Jack Graham touches turns to gold.
By the time Jack Graham is done CSU will be deciding if the Big XII is good enough for them, not vice versa.
By the time Jack Graham is done CSU will be holding SuperBowls in Jack Graham Stadium
Jack Graham can turn bushes into full sized trees just with a fart
Jack Graham makes Chuck Norris cower in fear.
In the presence of Jack Graham the Dos Equis guy gives up and goes home.
The real reason Kim Kardashian dropped Chris Humphreys was her secret love for Jack Graham.
By the time Jack Graham is done CU will be begging Jack Graham for games in Ft. Collins.
Jack Graham can cure cancer in horses, and sheep.
Jack Graham makes OMFGasm blush just by breathing in the same county.

How dare you question the power of Jack Graham. CSU hired him, the sheep fans adore him, he will be . . . . . well, he will be Jack Graham. What more can be said about him.

So, you're saying that he's the new Pete Thomas?????????????????????????????????????????

Did ICON tell you this as well?

If you are willing to believe that crap I would like to interest you in a great stock bargain. All you have to do is buy the stock then go out and find 5 more people to sell more of the same stock to. They then go out and sell to 5 people they know and you get a cut, and on and on. With 7 Billion potential customers in the world you should be a millionaire in no time, and all you have to do is sell to the right 5 people.

I can understand the desperation at CSU, they are about to be left behind when the major college football train leaves the station. Building a fancy station though doesn't mean that the train is coming back. They have never had enough passengers to justify the route. What do you do with a fancy train station and no train? This is the question for the future if they build it. Enough people are already asking that question in Ft. Collins. The pro-stadium people didn't expect the opposition to start asking the questions they are asking and quite frankly the answers to those questions aren't good.

You can spout all the confidence you want to, I'll believe it when it is built.
I have talked to Jack graham multiple times. 100% chance of happening. Tony Frank hired him entirely to get the stadium built. Graham has stated multiple times that the only way it wouldn't be built would be "over my dead body"

Also Stanford built their stadium in 9 months. If we break ground in October we could easily get it done by 2014 (20-24 months).
Not unreasonable at all

I have talked to Jack graham multiple times. 100% chance of happening. Tony Frank hired him entirely to get the stadium built. Graham has stated multiple times that the only way it wouldn't be built would be "over my dead body"

Also Stanford built their stadium in 9 months. If we break ground in October we could easily get it done by 2014 (20-24 months).
Not unreasonable at all
Break ground in OCTOBER? You don't even have blueprints, environmental impact statements, or money raised. All you have are some theoretical "this is what it should look like" mock up paintings. Hell, do you even have a ****ing model? This is a state government project, a lot of hoops need to be jumped through.

If your boss is talking about breaking ground in October with none of those things done, it's the surest sign I've seen that he knows nothing and is completely full of ****.

Break ground in OCTOBER? You don't even have blueprints, environmental impact statements, or money raised. All you have are some theoretical "this is what it should look like" mock up paintings. Hell, do you even have a ****ing model? This is a state government project, a lot of hoops need to be jumped through.

If your boss is talking about breaking ground in October with none of those things done, it's the surest sign I've seen that he knows nothing and is completely full of ****.
That was my projection. I don't know when it will break ground but all of the things you've pointed out are obviously already being worked on. As a CU poster posted on Rivals we have already hired a contracter.

At the end of the day, this is all bluster if McElwain does not win big fairly early in his tenure. Garbage defense staff and mediocre (at best) recruiting will not help.

Not unreasonable at all

LMFOA The only thing that CSU has in common with Stanford it that they both have some trees on the campus. Stanford has alumni who could wipe their buts with CSU's entire endowment.

Jack Graham is selling snake oil right now. If they had the funding he would have already announced it, it would be a counter argument to some of the real oppostion that they are facing to the new stadium. Bottom line is that they don't. They may have some maybes or some let me think about its but if they had real money on the table they would announce it. Trouble is they ran their mouths before they had any substance and now they are stuck trying to prop up what they said without any solid support to do so.

I know how things work in Ft. Collins. I did grad school at CSU. They have always resented being seen as the second school in the state, as the little brother. You obviously aren't old enough to have seen this story before but I am (not as old as DBT but older than 35) and trust me. This isn't the first time CSU has made promises it can't keep and it won't be the last.

When you are older and have lived through it for a while you will understand, or maybe you won't. The people behind CSU are old enough to know better but they keep hanging on to their fantasies of being big time still.

That was my projection. I don't know when it will break ground but all of the things you've pointed out are obviously already being worked on. As a CU poster posted on Rivals we have already hired a contracter.
1. Admit you made a statement that is completely made up.
2. Statement.
3. Cite for statement based on a CU source.

If the best support you can come up with for these things is a ****ing CU poster on a CU rivals board (WTF are you a member of CU rivals anyways?)... that's not a good thing.

Back