What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NBA (and other pro league) Buffs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...pencer-dinwiddie-extension-brooklyn-nets/amp/

Chief among them is Spencer Dinwiddie, one of the breakout stars of the 2017-18 campaign. Dinwiddie bounced around between Detroit and Chicago earlier in his career before signing on with the Nets in December 2016. With so little leverage, Dinwiddie signed a three-year contract with Brooklyn, the final year of which is coming up in 2018-19. Under the previous Collective Bargaining Agreement, Dinwiddie would have certainly become an unrestricted free agent in 2019 and be available to the highest bidder. Now, after significant changes to the veteran extension rules in the 2017 CBA, the Nets have the ability to sign him to an extension at any time between December 8, the second anniversary of the ratification of his current contract, and June 30, which could keep him in Brooklyn for up to four more years.

That could work out well for him. Bledsoe and Payton are gone, so playing with Booker in the backcourt could be real nice for his numbers. I'm not the biggest Josh Jackson fan (just think he was overrated a little as a prospect), but they have a good looking team now. Ayton will be a beast, Ariza is a solid piece, Booker is a budding star, Jackson at least has great potential, Bridges is a really solid player imo...Spencer could fit in real well.

Spence really loves the Nets and Brooklyn but I've always felt the Suns were a perfect fit for him, would probably be bittersweet for him but you know he'd respect the business side of it. And being in a contract year, he's probably in a better position in Phoenix.

If Dinwiddle goes to the Suns, I'm going to watch more Suns games for sure.

Any word on Roberson for OKC?

If Dinwiddle goes to the Suns, I'm going to watch more Suns games for sure.

Any word on Roberson for OKC?

Heard something on the radio today (John Hamm, thunder insider). Dre still isn't cleared for contact and it may be December before he's back. When he does return the expectation is limited minutes to begin with,.

Was listening to the Zach Lowe Podcast this week and he got to talking about the Spurs. Mentioned that there is a lot of buzz around Derrick White in the Spurs organization. I hope to see an expanded role for him this year.

If you've been watching the NBA preseason, you might have noticed Dejounte Murray going down with a knee injury yesterday. MRI on Monday.

Hopefully it's nothing serious, since the kid's poised to have a breakout year (and you never like seeing a knee injury, cf. Roberson), but it could also mean Derrick White gets the start at PG for San Antonio to open the season.

Which would be pretty cool.

You never know.

*my bad: should have posted this in: NBA (and other pro league) Buffs

Last edited:

giphy-tumblr.gif

Back