What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NBA (and other pro league) Buffs

"He probably got a lot of his business acumen from his parents," says Tad Boyle, Dinwiddie's college coach at the University of Colorado. "They're very intelligent, and they raised Spencer and Taylor to follow suit."

For a time, Spencer was a straight-A kid, just like Taylor. But, much in the way gold tends to peak as the stock market dips, "As I rose in basketball, inversely proportionally, I declined in school."

In Boulder, Dinwiddie majored in integrated physiology for two years before he switched to communications to lighten the workload.

"He could have been an Academic All-American if he put his mind to it," says Boyle. "He's a smart guy. I told Spencer when he left here, 'If you have the career you want to have, you have the capacity to be an NBA general manager.' He's smart enough. He understands the market, and there's so many guys that don't."

giphy-tumblr.gif

****ty news. Hope he's better soon.

Spence with 23 (10-18) and 6 assists in the opener for the Nets off the bench. Not sure why they decided not to give him the ball in the clutch against his old team though, we've seen how that ends before.

Last edited:
It means he's kryptonite to defense, but steroids for offense.
That's not my understanding- offensive rating exists to try to normalize to evaluate teams that play at a drastically different pace- there are just about 100 possessions for each team in an average NBA game, and offensive rating estimated number of points produced by a team per 100 possessions . There is a corresponding metric, defensive rating, that estimates number of points given up per 100 possessions. The difference between the two is net rating, or the projected point differential per 100 possessions.

In other words, projected out over roughly a single game, the Jazz would have won 164-89.

That's not my understanding- offensive rating exists to try to normalize to evaluate teams that play at a drastically different pace- there are just about 100 possessions for each team in an average NBA game, and offensive rating estimated number of points produced by a team per 100 possessions . There is a corresponding metric, defensive rating, that estimates number of points given up per 100 possessions. The difference between the two is net rating, or the projected point differential per 100 possessions.

In other words, projected out over roughly a single game, the Jazz would have won 164-89.
I could be wrong!

Derrick White is back! First game tonight against Miami he’ll come off the bench in limited minutes. But this is good. Hopefully he’ll take back PG1 within a week or two.

DWhite didn’t come off the bench. He made his first start in the NBA.

But Pop pulled the entire starting five after an awful first four minutes.

Regardless, it looks like he’s doing good from the injury. :)

Nice double-double from George last night. 21 points and 10 rebounds shooting 8/10 (3/3 from deep) with the Suns G-League team. Keep it up and he might see some minutes soon on a bad Suns team.

Speaking of Pro Buffs who are doing well, Spencer's killing it so far this season on a contract year. Shooting much better and growing into his role. Averaging 16 and 5 on 47% overall and 38% from deep as a 6th man playing 28 mpg. Had his best night yet with 31 on 11-15. Hope he can keep it up, him and Phil deserve everything.

Back