What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Field of 68 + NIT Auto Bids

Northwestern to play their private school academic counterpart from the SEC.

And Princeton to play ND ... wonder who to root for there?

I won't watch a minute of it. A 15 loss team from a crap basketball conference gets in over several very deserving teams. Just garbage

Can anyone explain to me why, of the 4 play in games, two of them pit 11 seeds against each other? I have never been able to come up with a reason for why it isn't all 16 seeds.

Can anyone explain to me why, of the 4 play in games, two of them pit 11 seeds against each other? I have never been able to come up with a reason for why it isn't all 16 seeds.

Pretty simple. Last 4 at large bids. All the 16s are auto bids.

Reactions: SBG
There is no way Michigan State, Okie State and Vandy should be in this field. Holy crap, what garbage!

Pretty simple. Last 4 at large bids. All the 16s are auto bids.
I should have added that I knew that - I just don't get it.

"We are seeding you higher, because you are better than all the 12-16 seeded teams in the field, but we are going to make you play your way in - because........?" Yep, don't get it.

I should have added that I knew that - I just don't get it.

"We are seeding you higher, because you are better than all the 12-16 seeded teams in the field, but we are going to make you play your way in - because........?" Yep, don't get it.
The 16 seeds actually deserve to be there. The last 4 at larges SHOULD have to earn their way into the real tournament.

The 16 seeds actually deserve to be there. The last 4 at larges SHOULD have to earn their way into the real tournament.
The 16 seed deserves to be there but the 11 seed needs to earn it? Makes no sense whatsoever. If the 16 seed is the better team, they wouldn't be seeded 16, IMO.

Reactions: SBG
The 16 seed deserves to be there but the 11 seed needs to earn it? Makes no sense whatsoever. If the 16 seed is the better team, they wouldn't be seeded 16, IMO.

I agree. Most fair would be that we'd have four 17 seeds that would play the 16 seeds for the opportunity to get rolled by a 1 seed.

This is about ratings and ticket sales, though. No one would watch those games. People will watch games between 11 seeds.

I agree. Most fair would be that we'd have four 17 seeds that would play the 16 seeds for the opportunity to get rolled by a 1 seed.

This is about ratings and ticket sales, though. No one would watch those games. People will watch games between 11 seeds.
I hadn't thought about the TV angle. Just read no #1 seed has ever lost to a 16 seed. Also, no seed 9 or higher has ever won the tourney.

Conf. Champ vs At large. Not hard to figure out.
Again, if the conference champ is the better team, then seed them higher. If they are the conference champ of the little sisters of the poor conference, why do they get better treatment than a team the committee deems 5 seeds higher in quality?

I hadn't thought about the TV angle. Just read no #1 seed has ever lost to a 16 seed. Also, no seed 9 or higher has ever won the tourney.

Princeton in '89 came closer than any other 16 seed to pulling that off ... it took a non-call on an obvious foul by Georgetown to clinch the win for the Hoyas.

Nova was an 8th seed in '85 when they won it all.

Should Wisconsin, **** yeah? Why shouldn't they be a 5 or 6, something close? I'm curious as to why.

It's weird how the seed makes teams look farther apart than they are.

For instance, a 6-seed playing a 3-seed in the 2nd round. We usually think that's a great matchup for the 3. But in real terms, that may be the #21 team in the nation against the #12 team in the nation. Barely a difference between the two.

You just now read this? Or was this a quote from a post you made back in like 1992?
If you had asked me if a 16 seed had ever beaten a 1 seed in tournament history, I would have answered "Of course they have!" Law of averages and all that.

Back