What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tournament General Thread

probably the wrong thread for this, but WTH: I would like to see CU and the Pac try a few weeknight 6PM MT games at the CEC. The city of Boulder has a very large number of commuters (including Mrs. hokiehead) for which that tip time would be very convenient: leave work, quick bite to eat, park and make it inside for the national anthem. This puts the tip off at 8PM ET and solves the east coast TV viewership issue as well.

I also think weekend games with tip times earlier than 6PM should be looked it. Coloradans place such a high value on outdoor activities, especially during ski season, that evening games on Saturdays and Sundays should intuitively draw more than nooners.

I absolutely hate 6 pm tipoffs on weekdays. For myself and anyone else coming from Denver, it's a virtual guarantee that I won't be making it on time. I'd rather have an 8 pm start than a 6.

And I'm with @onealcd - we shouldn't cater to east coast viewers who DGAF anyway.

I absolutely hate the play in games - especially for the 16 seeds. Listen, no one is under any belief that the 16 seeds are going to win a game. But their championship is making the dance. And them having to go to Dayton to play another ****ty team is horrible. Either drop the damn bracket back to 64 or have the play in games be purely at-large teams.

The single play-in game was stupid when they first introduced it 15 years ago and was originally brought about because the formation of the MWC added another auto-bid, and for some reason they wanted to keep the number of at-large teams the same. Sure of course money is the main reason they expanded from 65 to 68 but I'm sure the coaches had some influence on that since 4 more coaches can now say they make the tournament.

The tournament was at a perfect size of 64 teams, should've just left it at that. At least this year they fixed one small thing and stopped calling these first 4 games the "First Round"

FGCU looked like anything but your typical 16 seed tonight. UNC better take them seriously.

WSU vs Vandy quite slow in the early going. Although a shocker did get hit on the brow bone and is now bleeding heavily. Zona also needs to not sleep walk in their opening matchup.

Shockers look to have figured out this Vandy defense. VanVleet is getting hot from 3. WSU pulling away.

Last edited:
Ridiculous that Wichita had to play thejr way in.

Arizona has a problem. I tbink they lose.
Not ridiculous. They had a very weak overall schedule. The MVC was down this year. They lost early in their conference tourney and played some bad games this year. The Shox will play hard against Arizona, but I don't know if they can handle the size and athleticism that Arizona has.

I love the senior leaders on Wichita State with so many pressure games under their belts.

I also love that they've got the #1 AdjD on KenPom.

I've changed my bracket 3 times already. I like the Shockers as a potential Final Four team. But Arizona is the wrong matchup for them. After that, I'd pick them over the rest of the South field to make at least the Elite 8.

TruTV is advertising this year with the hashtag #TruTVisaThing

Even they know that they don't really exist 11 months out of the year.

Michigan has 11 losses by more than 10 points, the most of any at-large team since the tournament expanded in 1985

Wow. That dude has lottery upside. I can't believe he's only been playing basketball for like 5 years of his life. He's the prototype for what you want in a college stretch-4. Cleans the glass and protects the rim on one end, runs the court, and moves an opposing big out of the paint on the other end.

If we were picking the prelim games in our brackets, I would have taken my first loss tonight. Did not expect Holy Cross to beat Southern.

Tulsa/ Michigan is a pretty good game. Close, at least. Got to assume that one of them is going to find the net on a few straight possessions to take it.

Tyrone Wallace breaks his hand before the tourney begins for Cal. Seems like Murphy's law is in effect for the Bears. Might be time to jump on Hawaii, a team I really liked to pull an upset before drawing Cal.

Damn twice in one season? Feel really bad for him, even though he plays for cal he just can't catch a break this year.

Go Seahawks!

Seriously...if I weren't such a homer, to me this is PRIME upset pick. Any UNC-(not CH) against a weak Duke team spells trouble. Tons of talent in NC area, and lots of chips on shoulders by not getting a sniff by either UNC or Duke.

Back