What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska Game Week - Prime: “This is personal. That’s the message of the week.”

I don’t get as good of info anymore but the main takeaway I got from both of Nebraska’s camps was that they had some guys but not a ton of star power. I think this tweet illustrates it well:

Which to be fair - Colorado has not had enough P5 guys over the years. Their fall camp reminded me of 2016 CU where the defense legitimately won every single day and their fans were desperate to get any kind of positive reviews of the offense where the best reviews seemed to be: the offense did some things today. We ended up having a legit defense in 2016, tbd on theirs.

I’ve seen a few smart twitters rave about Sims’ potential. I think he’s a bit like Montez where the frame combined with the highs make you think he must be a first round QB. But the lows are there often and you could see how he resorts to lazy mechanics in that Minnesota game. 2nd or 3rd day of camp, Rhule ripped into the QBs, namely Sims, because they were doing endzone warmups with the WRs - with no defenders - and the QBs were missing throws. Instead of it lighting a fire under the QBs, it ended up being a bad omen and they had one of their worst days of camp. Compare that to Shedeur who reportedly didn’t have a single bad day of camp.

Tldr: we’re gonna ****ing win. ;)

That's what stood out to me watching their game on Thursday. They have no one special other than Sims running the ball. The only other player in the game who jumped out as a dude was Minnesota's safety Nubin.

CU TCU, on the other hand, had dudes all over the field and most of them play for us.

Rhule has been trying to lower media expectations for weeks and that is going into hyperdrive now calling us a top 10 team that deserves the ranking. He knows what is about to happen. We are going to annihilate them.

While I can certainly see the positive outcome this Saturday that many on here seem very confident about, I have seen too many bad Nebraska games to be complacent about it. Fingers crossed for a wonderful victory...but I am ready for the unexpectedly hard game (due in part to a possible letdown from the hugely emotional win over TCU) should that occur. I think CP and staff are being very smart about understanding the letdown phenomenon, and coaching the kids up to resist it. Hopefully that does the trick. Also, TCU may be a worse team than preseason expectations assumed, so that may impact assessments of how good WE are.

Hoping for a replay of some version of 2001. Looking forward to seeing the running backs that we held out of week one play. That might really help diversify our attack. I love the playmakers this team has. Next year, after we shore up our week spots via recruiting and the portal, could be epic.

While I can certainly see the positive outcome this Saturday that many on here seem very confident about, I have seen too many bad Nebraska games to be complacent about it. Fingers crossed for a wonderful victory...but I am ready for the unexpectedly hard game (due in part to a possible letdown from the hugely emotional win over TCU) should that occur. I think CP and staff are being very smart about understanding the letdown phenomenon, and coaching the kids up to resist it. Hopefully that does the trick. Also, TCU may be a worse team than preseason expectations assumed, so that may impact assessments of how good WE are.

Hoping for a replay of some version of 2001. Looking forward to seeing the running backs that we held out of week one play. That might really help diversify our attack. I love the playmakers this team has. Next year, after we shore up our week spots via recruiting and the portal, could be epic.
I think it will be a hard game. I'm looking forward to it!

We have any kind of intel on what % we are expecting to be Husker fans? Hoping for less than 20% this time

The amount of CU "fans" that I am seeing on social media selling their tickets and asking for top dollar makes me think that it's going to be closer to 50/50 or worse. The more casual CU fans won't pay that but Bugeaters fans will.

My youngest kids' teacher is a Colorado native/kNU grade and she proudly told me at the meet & greet that she was going to the game with about 20 Corn fans. My kid is not confrontational so he told me he was going to avoid wearing CU gear to school this football season. This morning he laid out his Prime shirt so that it's all ready to go on Friday.

Back