What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska Game Week - Prime: “This is personal. That’s the message of the week.”

Rick George was on Jim Rome just now. We are everywhere
Curious to listen to that. Rome would have been in the "doubter but not a hater, actually a Prime backer" category going into the season. He just thought that the idea of relaunching an entire P5 program with everything new over a 9 month period and going into a road game vs last year's runner-up as your opening game was an impossible task. It was proved otherwise and he was proved wrong, so he took that new info and became a strong believer - as a reasonable person does when their skepticism is answered definitively.

Curious to listen to that. Rome would have been in the "doubter but not a hater, actually a Prime backer" category going into the season. He just thought that the idea of relaunching an entire P5 program with everything new over a 9 month period and going into a road game vs last year's runner-up as your opening game was an impossible task. It was proved otherwise and he was proved wrong, so he took that new info and became a strong believer - as a reasonable person does when their skepticism is answered definitively.
I also think his son’s attendance/enthusiam at Colorado has also contributed heavily.

FWIW, I usually start seeing puke inducing red in town by now, and in my walk down Pearl Street just now, I saw exactly zero nub fans. They either had to work an extra shift today in order to cover Brandon's gas tax, or the red out will be a fizzle

Yet, there are only 3 teams scored 40+ on them last year. Okst, UMich and Georgia.

Playing in big 12 will for sure give you worse D ranking than playing in big 10. Because big 10 offense sucks.

I am not saying they have an awesome D, I am just saying I don't see why corns would have better D than them.
I’m telling you why a Nub fan would believe they have a better defense than TCU, I’m not saying I agree with it.

I went to the game in 1990, and I can confirm that I saw signs both on the way and at the game itself. There wasn't just one. It was a theme.

But here's the part that makes me think I am going insane. I absolutely, positively saw "Sal is Dead Go Big Red" painted in huge letters on the interstate itself, just after crossing the border into kNebrasky. There was a group of us, and we were impressed at the effort that took. So, why doesn't anyone else ever mention that? Why isn't there photographic evidence that happened? I cannot answer these questions.

EDIT: BuffsNYC with the confirmation!
You’re not going insane. Road tripped to that game also, it was exactly as you remember. There were also numerous barns along the way with’Sal is dead’ banners, tons of students with t shirts with that on it, saw the cutest old couple, dressed head to toe in red polyester walking hand in hand proudly wearing ‘Sal is dead’ t shirts. Eff them all.

Regarding the Nebraska defense, I do believe it is going to be a solid B1G defense that will match up well with the B1G style of offensive football most of them play (ground control with massive OLs & QBs who are game managers).

TCU has a great secondary and speed in the front 7, designed to be solid against the norm they face in the Big 12.

Neither is like UGA who can dominate any offensive scheme with future high draft picks providing depth across the board.

I think that TCU has a better defense than NU for matching up against CU's personnel and scheme.

Last edited:
I keep seeing the narrative that NU fans take over Folsom. I am not going to argue that NU fans travel well and have a huge contingent but having 50% of the stadium - IMO that has never happened. I have gone to CU-NU games since the early 60s and in my mind they never took over Folsom.

I remember the 2001 game. There had been a campaign to not sell tickets to NU fans that year and walking up to the stadium that morning I remember a lot of Nebraska fans trying to buy tickets and I told my wife that committed CU fans would not sell to them. In my section it was mostly CU fans with a few Husker fans sprinkled in but not more than 5 % in our section. They had a good showing but if they were 25% of the crowd I would be surprised.

The only school I remember taking over one of our venues was Jayhawk fans at basketball games a long time ago.

What are your recollections of NU crowds at Folsom?

I keep seeing the narrative that NU fans take over Folsom. I am not going to argue that NU fans travel well and have a huge contingent but having 50% of the stadium - IMO that has never happened. I have gone to CU-NU games since the early 60s and in my mind they never took over Folsom.

I remember the 2001 game. There had been a campaign to not sell tickets to NU fans that year and walking up to the stadium that morning I remember a lot of Nebraska fans trying to buy tickets and I told my wife that committed CU fans would not sell to them. In my section it was mostly CU fans with a few Husker fans sprinkled in but not more than 5 % in our section. They had a good showing but if they were 25% of the crowd I would be surprised.

The only school I remember taking over one of our venues was Jayhawk fans at basketball games a long time ago.

What are your recollections of NU crowds at Folsom?
In recent years at least (since 62-36) the Nebraska contingent has never been close to 50% of the fans. It may have approached 70% of the total weight but in fan numbers they have not come close to 50%.

It can seem like there are more there though because they are all wearing that obnoxious red polyester that stands out against a black and gold background. They are kind of like a bunch of pimples on a teenagers face. The pimples may only actually cover a small percentage of the skin area but they are so ugly they are hard to ignore.

Back