What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Never seen Brian Howell this frustrated

He also said "I am relying on the people who are closest to the action – the chancellor (Phil DiStefano) and the athletic director (Rick George) – to find a path forward for us." :sick:

Yes, well that is their job...for now. He followed that up with a clear message to them, "I expect success. I expect excellence and I expect us to turn this around, both in the short term and the long term. We have work to do." I'm glad he's setting these expectations instead of the same nonsense of stability and youth that we've been hearing from RG and KD.

He also said "I am relying on the people who are closest to the action – the chancellor (Phil DiStefano) and the athletic director (Rick George) – to find a path forward for us." :sick:
Holiday Cant Wait GIF by Beeld en Geluid

I read it as he is aware but the rest of it sounded like a completely non-committal political statement.

Nothing to indicate that he expects changes to change results.

Nothing to provide a timeline for improvement or benchmarks to be aimed at.

Nothing to lay any specific responsibility beyond saying that PD and RG have the jobs normally held responsible.

Nothing to indicate that he personally was willing to take action.

Nothing to indicate any changes in the way the program is run or the support it gets.

Get back to me when there is something of real significance.

Howell has some additional info on 247, for those who have a sub. He says they went in depth on more topics (transfer reqs., support, etc.) that he'll share at a later date. Says he's a pro athletics president.
1664577549731.gif
Dear eight pound, six ounce, newborn baby Jesus, don’t even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly but still omnipotent. Please let Todd bring us back to relevancy and fix our program once and for all

Without any real reason I read the statement with optimism. He publicly puts the responsibility where it should be and then declares his expectations. If they fail in performing to expectation then he has every reason he needs to take action. No idea if he will but that’s how I read the statement on this warm sunny Friday afternoon

Without any real reason I read the statement with optimism. He publicly puts the responsibility where it should be and then declares his expectations. If they fail in performing to expectation then he has every reason he needs to take action. No idea if he will but that’s how I read the statement on this warm sunny Friday afternoon
It’s raining here in Boulder.

Politically, he has to say that about RG and PD. It's good managerial leadership, too.

Did people expect him to say that he's got no confidence in the campus Chancellor or Athletic Director so he's personally taking charge? Fire them through a BDC interview?

Also, I don't think we're making a big enough deal about Saliman even doing this interview.

Boulder, not Denver paper
Football sportswriter

That's a lot of signaling we should be very encouraged by.

Yes, well done by Howell. Securing an interview with a relatively new university system president to talk about football is no easy task, I'm sure. I've given Howell a lot of **** for being too soft, but he's been killing it lately. Props to him.

Back