What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Never seen Brian Howell this frustrated

To be clear - I meant CU, not Allbuffs. I'll still post here when I'm winning natties somewhere else.

If this is the case, I might go get a bull**** post-grad degree at USC. Even tho I hate those f*ckers.

Three more years of this? Such a hard "no," I'll go somewhere else and probably never come back.
You could probably just start rooting for another team, instead of getting a degree there first. Who does Rebecca like?

Dorrell is bad but Mel gets too much of a pass as the architect of our imminent destruction. He was handed average/competitive, brought in little talent and abandoned us at worst time. Buffs needed their best hire since Mac to fix that mess. RG went with Dorrell (almost Sark).
Really?

Actually, Dorrell ran off the only legit talent this program had in it. Mel left because of the systemic issues that have us in this position. Rick George didn’t need to hire him. He could have done his job and found another qualified candidate that wanted $3.5m+/year instead of offering it to this boob
Don’t disagree with most of this (talent?) but the “Mel Event” was 100% responsible for us getting waxed this year. Today’s struggles were unfortunately entirely predictable. CU isn’t Bama or USC and can’t hire an instant home run or get 5 stars to transfer in.
Not sure why this is even debated.

There’s some conflicting info on that 1893 Tennessee team. Most info says they lost their first 4 games but the UT athletics website says they went 3-3. Seems UT believes they beat UNC 60-0 but other sites say they lost that game by the same score. @DBT do you remember what really happened?
Yep.

Don’t disagree with most of this (talent?) but the “Mel Event” was 100% responsible for us getting waxed this year. Today’s struggles were unfortunately entirely predictable. CU isn’t Bama or USC and can’t hire an instant home run or get 5 stars to transfer in.
wtf GIF

There is no next guy up to trust. This staff is historically inept.

are you suggesting that after 3 years this is still midnight Mel’s fault? Silly.

Not picking on you, but it is quite remarkable how we went from some posters saying "This might be the most competent and best collection of assistants CU has had since Barnett" to "Historically inept" in about 2 months.

Pro tip: don't choose Auburn as a second team.

Auburn might be one of the few programs in the country with a messier dysfunction than CU, but at least they win some games and have a football NC not that long ago as well as a recent Final Four appearance.

Did you see the thread named after you, Rick?

Back