What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New DB and/or WR coach?

Exactly what the hell is going on? I thought for sure we would have a WR coach by now.. Brown has been gone for over 3 weeks now..

No urgency, why would anything change. Watch, hawk will be the wr coach again..yipee.

Maybe they have someone lined up, but they're waiting for bowl season to finish?

And speaking of Buffs and WR coaches, it looks like Ced Cormier may be heading to UNLV with Bobby Hauck.

And speaking of Buffs and WR coaches, it looks like Ced Cormier may be heading to UNLV with Bobby Hauck.

Good. That's a great opportunity for him as he develops as a coach.

Bumping from the Coaching Carousel thread, but Pflugrad is off the table now as he got the Montana HC job a couple of days ago...

I believe the coaching conference ends today. Are we going to hear something on this position this week?

I think the WR coach comes from someone already on staff.

I believe we are close to a hire, but I'm not sure it's a WR coach....

Well, whether it's a new WR/DB/OL/waterboy coach, I just hope it's a QUALITY hire that brings new ideas and fire to this coaching staff that helps the team improve. I really hope the person doesn't end up being a Hawkins re-tread (e.g. Foster.)

Since it appears this is the only change we are going to see this year, I hope it's something we can get excited about.

I still go back to what now appears to have been smoke blown up the alumni/fans' collective arses by Bohn about all the "support" that would be given to Hawkins to help improve the football product on the field. Looking like empty promises to this die-hard Buff fan from afar.:cry::Tantrum:

Well, whether it's a new WR/DB/OL/waterboy coach, I just hope it's a QUALITY hire that brings new ideas and fire to this coaching staff that helps the team improve. I really hope the person doesn't end up being a Hawkins re-tread (e.g. Foster.)

Since it appears this is the only change we are going to see this year, I hope it's something we can get excited about.

I still go back to what now appears to have been smoke blown up the alumni/fans' collective arses by Bohn about all the "support" that would be given to Hawkins to help improve the football product on the field. Looking like empty promises to this die-hard Buff fan from afar.:cry::Tantrum:
It looks that way from close up too....

WTF happened to all that Koetter talk? Regardless of who is ultimately hired, this has taken WAAAAAY too long.

A WR coach from on the staff?? I can only hope this means Kiesau moving back to WRs and an experienced OC is brought in. In my wildest dreams Norm Chow would give Kiffin and the Weasel the double-bird and come to Boulder...we're probation free Norm.

I just want something to happen soon. Enough with dragging out the process, let's get the staff set.

Why not Lincoln Riley? He's got a good name in TX for recruiting and if nothing else, the TT Wr's caught the ball.....

Why not Lincoln Riley? He's got a good name in TX for recruiting and if nothing else, the TT Wr's caught the ball.....

Tuberville didn't retain him?

Or, like with Prince, are we just speculating that new coach will = new staff?

One thing with Riley is that he's fiercely loyal to Mike Leach. He's the guy who made the comments in the press ripping on Adam James. I'm sure he'll follow Leach if he coaches next year. And if Leach waits until 2011, Riley would join him then and that would screw with next year's recruiting. Not a red flag, but I think a yellow one.

On a positive note, he was a walk-on as a player (just looked that up), so you know Hawkins will love him. :smile2:

Rumors of staff changes, you say? Now that Brown is gone, hopefully we can get rid of Cabral and finally succeed in purging ourselves of every last bit of competence associated with the program.

One can only dream.

So is DH just waiting until after the coaching conference? Or is it that CU is seen as the last chance for the unemployed coaches, who are wainting until every other job fills up before coming to Boulder?

So is DH just waiting until after the coaching conference? Or is it that CU is seen as the last chance for the unemployed coaches, who are wainting until every other job fills up before coming to Boulder?

That conference ended on the 13th. I don't know wtf is going on at this point.

So, if the kids, the receivers, are all behind Ambrose to become the WR coach, and they are, I wouldn't be shocked to see a DB coach hired. It isn't set in stone that Ambrose becomes the DB coach, is it? BTW, you guys are WAY too impatient. :smile:

Tough to close strong on the recruiting trail with only 2 weeks left when you don't have a complete coaching staff. It boggles my mind that other BCS schools have lost and replaced head coaches in a matter of days, yet it takes CU months to find a WR coach.

Maybe this is a "silent commit" situation, otherwise I have no idea WTF these guys are waiting for.

Back