What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New DC Poll-Top 4 candidates

Rank order the top 4 candidates.

• D Gibbs

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • C Pendergast

Votes: 71 64.0%
  • DJ Durkin

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • G Gibbs

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters
Plenty of publications reported Baer and La Russa leaving, why can't other publications report their possible replacements? Plenty out there about Durkin and UM, why isn't there anything else about Durkin and CU? Plenty about Pendergast and LSU and A&M, but why nothing about CU? Plenty about Gibbs and UH and TT, but why nothing about CU?

All I'm saying is that one publication reported a list of candidates when Baer was "fired". That list grew and then shrunk and somehow we all managed to believe it was down to those 3 guys, when literally nobody else has even mentioned them connected to the CU job. I'm not saying Rivals is wrong, I'm saying they aren't the end all, be all of college football information and there is likely other candidates being interviewed than the ones mentioned so far.

Rivals certainly isn't the end all, be all. But at this time - they are the only​ source.

Plenty of publications reported Baer and La Russa leaving, why can't other publications report their possible replacements? Plenty out there about Durkin and UM, why isn't there anything else about Durkin and CU? Plenty about Pendergast and LSU and A&M, but why nothing about CU? Plenty about Gibbs and UH and TT, but why nothing about CU?

All I'm saying is that one publication reported a list of candidates when Baer was "fired". That list grew and then shrunk and somehow we all managed to believe it was down to those 3 guys, when literally nobody else has even mentioned them connected to the CU job. I'm not saying Rivals is wrong, I'm saying they aren't the end all, be all of college football information and there is likely other candidates being interviewed than the ones mentioned so far.
So, you know nothing and are incapable of extrapolating information from a variety of sources of various credibility.

So, you know nothing and are incapable of extrapolating information from a variety of sources of various credibility.

What are the variety of sources? I'm seriously curious. That was my whole point from the beginning; that Rivals was the only one. Are there other publications reporting we interviewed Durkin, Pendergast, Gibbs, etc.?

Should we start a new thread? Our 'Next 4 Top Choices after we miss on our First 4'

CU does not have either a Scout or 247sports site or ESPN microsite.

CU's SBNation site (Ralphie Report) is mostly analysis and opinion, not a site that breaks info.

Other Internet sites that are dialed in on coaching searches (e.g., footballscoop) have been saying that CU is keeping quiet and it's hard to get info.

From there, we move to print journalism. Historically, very credible if published as an article. I believe that's still under the old ombudsman rules of having a credible source along with some verification. What they can write in blogs or tweets is at a much lower standard, so it's important to judge what the print journalists say within the context of where they say it. So far, none of them have had anything. On that note, though, only Ringo and Howell are on campus just about every day. None of them really have the sources for this type of thing.

Basically - trust Adam. He doesn't publish bull****. If anything, he's overly cautious. He's got the best sources these days and is conservative in what he reports.

Sucks we are so far off the football radar that sites like football scoop don't even mention we are in the market for a new dc...

CU does not have either a Scout or 247sports site or ESPN microsite.

CU's SBNation site (Ralphie Report) is mostly analysis and opinion, not a site that breaks info.

Other Internet sites that are dialed in on coaching searches (e.g., footballscoop) have been saying that CU is keeping quiet and it's hard to get info.

From there, we move to print journalism. Historically, very credible if published as an article. I believe that's still under the old ombudsman rules of having a credible source along with some verification. What they can write in blogs or tweets is at a much lower standard, so it's important to judge what the print journalists say within the context of where they say it. So far, none of them have had anything. On that note, though, only Ringo and Howell are on campus just about every day. None of them really have the sources for this type of thing.

Basically - trust Adam. He doesn't publish bull****. If anything, he's overly cautious. He's got the best sources these days and is conservative in what he reports.

Perfect. Very reasonable response. Thank you.

Ding, ding ding. Adam doesn´t lie, doesn´t embellish and is almost always right when he publishes scoop. Totally trustworthy. FYI, he is looking into if we have had any progress with CP.

If Pendergast really is last guy on the top three and has been negotiating with CU, it would appear his bargaining power might now earn him some extra moolah.

Ding, ding ding. Adam doesn´t lie, doesn´t embellish and is almost always right when he publishes scoop. Totally trustworthy. FYI, he is looking into if we have had any progress with CP.
Any update on what Adam had to eat for breakfast this morning?

You're looking for any reason not to believe it, which I understand, but that doesn't make it untrue.

So what's the timeline here? Insiders (sorry undefeated) had us hiring our guy before New Year's

Any update on what Adam had to eat for breakfast this morning?
Let me get this straight.
A thread about the top 4 choices for our DC position, whereby:
a.) the list came from Adam from Rivals
b.) the credibility of that list is being challenged b-c it is from a single source leading to a discussion of the quality of that source´s information
c.) in the same thread an ongoing discussion about the possibility of one of those top choices, Pendergast, is ongoing

I comment that a.) said source has proven to be very credible, and b.) has notified subscribers that he is looking into where we are with CP, and you claim that statement is as relevant to aforementioned conversation as what said source ate for breakfast. Makes sense.

Back