What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If some here want to make this a Liberalism versus conservatives thing, I get it. Pretty much every anti-sports professor, regent and journo are hard core liberal. Can't deny it, even though there are more than plenty left leaning people on this board that are vehement in their opinion that these people are uninformed asshats.

But - if we must make this a Left versus Right thing, I feel compelled to mention that the Baylor BOR and everyone involved in that cesspool of anti-woman, anti-human decency mentality is definitely a conservative.

So, there's that; if it has to be that way to you.

If some here want to make this a Liberalism versus conservatives thing, I get it. Pretty much every anti-sports professor, regent and journo are hard core liberal. Can't deny it, even though there are more than plenty left leaning people on this board that are vehement in their opinion that these people are uninformed asshats.

But - if we must make this a Left versus Right thing, I feel compelled to mention that the Baylor BOR and everyone involved in that cesspool of anti-woman, anti-human decency mentality is definitely a conservative.

So, there's that; if it has to be that way to you.
tumblr_nqfwall4ED1uvdvd2o1_250.gif

I don't care about people's political views. Just end this crap and keep it moving. The people responsible have worked their ass off to turn things around. Move out the way and finalize policy. More or less along the lines Nik posted, think it was him anyway. However they wanna go about that, so be it. If it's a one strike and your out policy, fine. Just get it written and take care of business.

So RG obviously succeeded in convincing the Regents to approve the new facilities, and presumably convince them of the importance of the football program. Has the makeup of the Board changed significantly since then?

Please let Phil be the fall guy, please let Phil be the fall guy
I really think you'll get your wish on this one, and that they're just waiting for the academic year to be over to announce his resignation.

Phil's ****ed up one too many times this year-
  • Completely mishandled the incident with the machete-wielding man on campus and the follow-up bomb threat hoax
  • "Plantation" quote during the regents meeting with BDC reporters present
  • Joe Tumpkin fiasco- especially when he's berated other employees and forced resignations for improper reporting.
  • Whatever the hell is going on with him banning reporters from the chancellors office right now
His end of year review will be decidedly ungood. I am pretty confident he'll be gone. Then they can hire a new pro-athletics chancellor to smooth things over with MM and RG.

One thing about the June 15-16 meeting is that RG was planning on having the long-term contract strategy for other HCs and assistants worked out around that time frame. Might mean there's a ton that happens at that meeting.

Will the cost of this investigation be public record?
It makes total sense to have a thorough, third-party, investigation including review of policies and their effectiveness. The continued delays and extensions, though, seem like extortion. An investigation like this one could last as long as CU is willing to pay. The level of investigation is somewhat arbitrary and it sure seems to have been exploited for money.
Maybe they found something worth digging into, but my synical take is the lawyers are pocketing a bunch of money for little value.
We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back