What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't anyone asking why OIEC didn't take more heat in this thing? No trainings of MM or RG since 2013 (and that one brief). Not even a training update after OIEC policies changed in 2014. That group has failed in its responsibilities and was so negligently absent from its duties that it's no wonder that MM and RG didn't think to call them. If we want to talk about where people should be fired and competent folks brought in, it's at OIEC.

Good question. The silos between athletics and other university organizations are real.

I observe that Benson made it very clear during the presser that the AD would be picking up all charges. He also made it clear that there are too many silos that needs to be torn down.

Athletics and academics are structurally a part the university but different animals. Perhaps this mixed message leads to silo behavior.

As a side note, there is legal protection for wrongful reporting of child abuse. The reporting individual can't be sued civilly. I do not believe that protection covers wrongful reporting of domestic violence. Glad I don't work for CU.

It is not absolute. I see two or three cases a year where a spouse or family member alleges abuse to a minor child and the doctor gets sued for reporting something they are legally required to report.

Allegations of abuse are messy. Fact and fiction are weapons in bad break ups. The precedent in the process of being set here will mire down the university legal department in many a divorce and break up.

Good question. The silos between athletics and other university organizations are real.

I observe that Benson made it very clear during the presser that the AD would be picking up all charges. He also made it clear that there are too many silos that needs to be torn down.

Athletics and academics are structurally a part the university but different animals. Perhaps this mixed message leads to silo behavior.
Another reason why RG's initiative to bring an academic discipline with Sports Management into his building is probably a good idea. They already have some of that with the Media/Journalism connecting with the SID. I hope they are also doing that with Integrative Physiology/Kinesiology now that we have those new training rooms and medical facilities at the Champions Center. The more the Athletic Department is part of the university's core mission rather than being seen as a superfluous advertising and fundraising group out on its own island, the better.

OIEC definitely treated the Athletic Department as if it was out on an island, not part of the real university, and something with which they didn't need to interact.

Quickly posting and will lock the thread again. This is important, though.

Salazar's firm was brought in by Benson to bring sanity to the process. Cozen was the firm investigating and was in the OIEC camp, which included covering their asses and placing blame elsewhere.

You can read the full report from Salazar's firm here: https://www.cu.edu/doc/201706wilmerhalepdf

Here's a very relevant part:
PTl3d56.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back