What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
What outcome would statisfy Allbuffs?
Approve MacIntyre's contract and move forward.

In terms of the issue being investigated, put new training and policies in place to make certain that everyone is aware of what to do in a similar situation and that protocols are followed.

I think MM should get his contract. I don't think anyone should get fired, but I'd like to see what's in the report.

Should we alert all the Instagram/Facebook Buff groups about what is happening and get a whole bunch of emails headed to the regents? Most of my alumni friends have no idea this is even going on......... I got one response to my email that said "Thank you for letting me know your views on this important matter."

Should we alert all the Instagram/Facebook Buff groups about what is happening and get a whole bunch of emails headed to the regents? Most of my alumni friends have no idea this is even going on......... I got one response to my email that said "Thank you for letting me know your views on this important matter."

I've already alerted the Buffs on Reddit. Would getting in touch with the C-Unit be a bad call?

Just like anything else, some people read something and take it as gospel. This then leads to attacks on the BOR, which, IMO, is not warranted without proof this is what is happening. Probably not a bad idea to put this out there, but as a support for the extension of MM and the countless positive reasons associated with the extension.

• Football improvement - this is pretty easy, 10-4, bowl game, 4 players drafted. Nice summary here.
  • Academic standing improvement. Probably needs a little research. But as a start you can get GSR here.
    • 2016: (most recent available) 74 (Fed rate 60)
    • 2015: 77 (64)
    • 2014: 71
    • 2013: 70
------------------- MacIntyre hired ---------------------------------
  • 2012: 63
  • 2011: 59
  • 2010: 59
  • 2009: (which includes students back to 2003) 64
  • Importance of a strong football program to the rest of athletics and the school. New facilities would not have been possible without RG's leadership. Athletic salaries are paid from the athletic budget, and fund the school through scholarship, not the other way around. (looking at you Kroll). MacIntyre and RG have set new standards and should be retained to continue this progress. A coaching change under these circumstances would undermine the ability of the University to hire subsequent AD/coaches that can perform at an equal or better level.
  • As for the elephant in the room, we as fans may not have all of the facts, but it appears that MacIntyre and Rick both did they best they knew how once they were informed of the Tumpkin situation. (I would guess that this is where some of the regents may differ in opinion). Process changes or training would be a better way to strengthen CUs response in the future, rather than throwing out the baby with the bath water in this case.
So is Jack Kroll related to CU Prof. Paul Kroll?

We will see. I think the contract gets all but 2 votes for it. The Board has not operated on party lines and I do not see it starting now. Kroll is an ahole who is probably striding up the waters but the board has seen way too much improvement in the AD in scholastics, winning, private investment, overall enrollment etc. to go bat**** crazy. Just do not see it.

I got to know Dan Mills about nine years ago while working with Bob Murphy at Flood & Peterson on a risk assessment project for another local university. I don't communicate with Dan any longer, BUT I can tell you that if the email actually came from Dan that he wouldn't send it if he didn't have a high confidence that the information he is providing is accurate. Dan and the entire Flood & Peterson team are well connected politically, to several administrators at CU and to some folks in the AD.

I have heard similar rumblings about a split on the board, I just hadn't heard it was along party lines or that it was really a 4-4-1 split (or as Dan said a 5-4). Obviously, I can't confirm the email really came from Dan, but if it did, then I believe it has merit. You can bet that I will be reaching out and attempting to find out this weekend though.

They could have voted and approved a while back. But it wouldn't have passed. Again, Gallegos is the swing vote.

^^^This makes a lot of sense. What other reasons explain the delay?
Want to pass it quietly after the students are gone and no one looking to score political points has an opportunity to rally a bullsh!t student protest around approving the contract extension.

Want to pass it quietly after the students are gone and no one looking to score political points has an opportunity to rally a bullsh!t student protest around approving the contract extension.
If true, sad.

Coach of the Mother ****ing Year!?

You reap what you sow. So doing things the right way is not good enough either. What a ****ing joke.

Liberalism destroyed CU football in 2001 for a 15 years period. The angry left are masters at engaging in the politics of personal destruction. Facts don't matter - it's about venting the rage. The need a target - it's now Mike MacIntyre and Rick George.

Liberalism destroyed CU football in 2001 for a 15 years period. The angry left are masters at engaging in the politics of personal destruction. Facts don't matter - it's about venting the rage. The need a target - it's now Mike MacIntyre and Rick George.
Let's be real careful of accusing the left of not understanding facts. Glass houses and all.

This situation is bringing me angst. I kind of feel like Mac may be a convenient target for people with an agenda. There are a lot of folks out there who dislike athletics and jocks and high dollar football programs. I love college football and think it's out of control. Imagine how those who hate college football feel. Anyway, I'm babbling. I'm angry about this situation and want to blame something, I guess.

I think the situation went just a tad beyond "a woman made an accusation."
Yeah. For sure. But there seems to be a desire by some folks out there to make more than just the perpetrator pay for it.

This situation is bringing me angst. I kind of feel like Mac may be a convenient target for people with an agenda. There are a lot of folks out there who dislike athletics and jocks and high dollar football programs. I love college football and think it's out of control. Imagine how those who hate college football feel. Anyway, I'm babbling. I'm angry about this situation and want to blame something, I guess.
There are definitely some who are looking for an excuse to defund the football program. That is not the majority of the BoR, though. Just a badly misguided apple or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back